The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I think the Chiron Interception Unit isn't actually that good for the escape event. After using it to get the credits for the motorpass, I used the McLaren P1 Gold Line Edition to do 6219m, 124928 points, 672nd. That was with a nitro chemist set and some adjustments to the pro settings.

Edit: And after some more credit grinding, got the Chiron 300+ and did 6317m. It needs a lot of attempts to get good luck with the traffic. The Xbow R Alpha GP might be even better but I can't be bothered to grind for another nitro chemist set for that.

Last edited:
So, I've made a somewhat distressing discovery. I had no idea that the yellow parts sets in the motorpass were special rather than just giving you random yellow items. I only realised they were special when I watched a YouTube video and the guy mentioned one of them and what it was. I have all 50 tiers, but somehow don't have any parts for hovercraft or rally raid. I select a vehicle of that type and go in to choose a part, and I have no parts. That is pretty distressing as the loot set for hovercraft in particular is incredibly valuable, would probably take 10+ hours of gameplay to get that. I have no idea when I unlocked these and how the parts have been lost :(

Edit: contacted support and they said they are unable to reinstate the items :(:(:(

Last edited:
So, I've made a somewhat distressing discovery. I had no idea that the yellow parts sets in the motorpass were special rather than just giving you random yellow items. I only realised they were special when I watched a YouTube video and the guy mentioned one of them and what it was. I have all 50 tiers, but somehow don't have any parts for hovercraft or rally raid. I select a vehicle of that type and go in to choose a part, and I have no parts. That is pretty distressing as the loot set for hovercraft in particular is incredibly valuable, would probably take 10+ hours of gameplay to get that. I have no idea when I unlocked these and how the parts have been lost :(

Edit: contacted support and they said they are unable to reinstate the items :(:(:(
Did you check mail box?

Did you check mail box?
Yes, I even went specifically to the offroad mailbox rather than the street race one, nothing in either. I did a hovercraft race and didn't pick up the parts, just to see where they went, and they were in the street race mailbox.

I think what happened is I was grinding the credits for the motorpass by doing the takedown event, and that fills your mailbox in under 15 minutes, but I probably just kept going as I only wanted the credits. Then when I had the credits I bought the motorpass, not realising there were items it gives you that would be lost if it's bought when the mailbox is full, and the game doesn't check this when you buy it.

Edit: I should add, support confirmed that the items will be destroyed if the mailbox is full when the game awards them. They recommend that players always keep their mailbox empty, but it's a bit hard to do that when by far the quickest way to repeat a race is to hold the retry key/button, which makes the parts go to the mailbox rather than stock, even if there is space in stock.

Last edited:
I see that the motorpass loot sets are actually free, so it can't have happened when I bought the motorpass. What I'm taking away for the future is that you need to be really careful when you're close to unlocking one of these sets and not let your mailbox get full. I'm in the habit of repeating a race till my mailbox is full, then clearing it out, but if the last race happens to unlock the motorpass loot set, that could cause it to be lost.

Another possibility is that I unlocked it before I got the season pass, so I wouldn't have owned a hovercraft, and that might have been part of the problem too.

Not very interested in this Summit, I already have a good set for MX. Gonna skip the next one too, have the Huracan and don't care for the sale value. I have over 20 mil.

I'm definitely not doing any more on these events, so this is my final score for this week. Still don't have complete perfect parts sets for everything, though I already have a perfect rally cross nitro chemist set ready to go for next week. I didn't buy the CBR for the Pikes Peak event, don't know how much slower the Indian is than that. Don't have any boosted parts sets. Don't have the Nighthawk MX bike that is supposedly better than the other KTMs.

tmp_livebot-728283810294136832-mysummit.png

Can anyone who has been playing the game longer than me tell me - were other colours of Fury tyres available before the OP green ones? I.e. is it likely that all colours are OP, or have there been other colours available before the green ones that weren't as fast, so specifically only the green ones have been OP so far? I'm asking because there are red Fury tyres available now, but I haven't seen anyone making YouTube videos about them yet, unlike the green ones.

Any ideas on how much difference these two things make? Green fury tyres, you can visibly see they're wider than the smooth stretched asphalt tyres, and 7% more pure and 7% more extra pump from a boosted set. I did some tryharding of the Veneno Coconut Grove event in the current Summit, and got 53rd on the PC leaderboard, but it was over 10 seconds slower than the top time, which seems like a crazy gap from 1st to 53rd. I know I'm not as good at the driving as the best players, but I don't think my driving is costing over 10 seconds in just over 2 minutes.

If anyone here has both the tyres and the boosted set and wouldn't mind doing multiple runs with the boosted set and green furies, and multiple runs with smooth stretched asphalt and a non-boosted set, I'd be interested to know how much difference it makes. I can take 7% off my stats if I generate a part with lower stats and make it exact with the icon points, but the difference won't be quite the same as having 7% more. I'll probably still do it to get an idea, but there's nothing I can do to see how much difference the tyres make. I've seen a YouTuber "test" the difference, but they didn't do anywhere near enough runs with each.

1673635252976.png

Edit: So, I did make a new nitro part that got me very close to 7% less pure and 7% less extra pump. I also changed from the stretched smooth asphalt tyres to classic asphalt. I was only 0.5 seconds slower than my previous best time. I re-instated the full nitro part, but accidentally kept the classic asphalt tyres, and took 0.2 seconds off my previous best time, so 0.7 quicker than I went with 7% less nitro. I then went back to the stretched smooth tyres and couldn't beat my time with the supposedly worse classic tyres.

I watched a video of someone doing a time 7 secs faster than mine, and there was one bit where he might be saving a lot of time, where he bumps the wall after crossing the bridge in a way that both slows him and turns him in perfectly, and that could be saving a lot of time, maybe 1-2 seconds per lap, so I'll have to try that.

Last edited:
For anyone still playing this, does it worth it getting it now? Pretty cheap on some deal pages and I have seen lots of updates. So wondering if it's a good game now. Also, how's the seasson pass and that stuff? Needs to be bought separatelly?

For anyone still playing this, does it worth it getting it now? Pretty cheap on some deal pages and I have seen lots of updates. So wondering if it's a good game now. Also, how's the seasson pass and that stuff? Needs to be bought separatelly?
Seasson pass comes separetly but for example, the bundle (The Crew 2 + Seasson Pass) $15-20 dollars in some descounts periodically in the PS store.

The game is really big right now, a lot of races, cars, seassons and more, the game worth the price, maybe this game is very arcadish and in some pont the economy is really poor and slow but it's fun.

Last edited:
I only bought it about 3 weeks ago in the Steam sale, but have played it a lot in those 3 weeks. I added the season pass not long after buying it, when I knew I was going to play the game quite a bit, as the 20% discount on in-game prices is nice to have.

It's quite "grind to win", so there's a big incentive to play a lot early on to get all your vehicles as fast as they can be so you can get platinum on the weekly summit. I got platinum in my first week, but it took a lot of work grinding parts.

Personally I quite like the physics, obviously the nitro replenishing is an element that isn't realistic, but it's an interesting game mechanic that makes it really important where you choose to make use of the nitro.

It's worth being aware that some of the top leaderboard times require a lot of cutting, and sometimes abuse of the reset mechanism, but I don't particularly try to compete with those performances.

It has a lot of similarities with Forza Horizon, but also many differences. I'm not sure anyone can say one is better than the other, as it's going to be personal preference to some extent. I own FH4, didn't buy FH5, and am currently playing TC2. I was playing GT7 before TC2, and TC2 is in some ways a better competitive game than GT7, for example every single race in TC2 has a leaderboard for total race time, which is a feature missing from GT7.

When you've been playing since Day 1 like me, it's not that bad of a grind. I'm nearly Icon 3000 and have all vehicles almost maxed. Just play now for the new stuff.

A new Technical Test is opening tomorrow, probably a preview for Season 8. Wish I could share my thoughts, but it's a private test server.

I got my highest overall summit placing in the one that just ended, though it might have been connected to the platinum wheels not being very appealing. Quite a lot more parts for me to grind for this week, with hovercraft and drift being things I haven't needed before. At least I had half a boosted drift set from a previous summit.

1674662757598.png

Discovered a great "hack" for drift, which is to buy the Forsberg 370Z car, as it starts off at 231/240, making it a lot quicker to get to the point of grinding for maxed out gold parts. I also personally really like it as a drift car, too, already done some unbroken chain runs with it.

The Crew: Motorfest reveal appears to be imminent. Was intended to be an expansion for TC2, but is being spun off into a standalone title:

EDIT: Media from the tweet has been removed, here's a screenshot instead
1674849211730.png

Last edited:
Incoming stuff:
1) pagani zonda f primary edition
2) mclaren 720s spider blast edition
3)chevrolet corvette c8 Touring Car
4)mini cooper S Checkered Edition Touring Car
5)maserati mc20
6)mitsubishi lancer evolution vi gsr
7)porsche 917k 1970
8)porsche cayenne turbo gt coupe
9)ford crown victoria limousine
10)porsche panamera turbo s sport turismo
11)ktm x bow GT2 TOURING CAR
12)spyker c8 laviolette gt2-r
13)saleen s1 gt4 cup
14)porsche 935 2.0 Coupe Baby
15)alfa romeo 4c Serpente Esizione
16)nissan skyline gtr r34 lucky Dragon Edition

I'm speechless with that roster. Still shocks me that PD hasn't added the C8.R to GT7 yet. Yes, they just added the road car and will most likely add a Gr 3 down the road, but still...

Last edited:
I imagine the MC20 will be a shared model with the GT2 version for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione DLC (the KTM GT2 too obv) and it will be made by Kunos like many TC1 and TC2 cars.

BTW the limo CrownVic is in the Game already.

I think the Crown Vic Limo was a Motorpass exclusive. So they're probably putting it in the shop for this update.

Separated Motorpass, shop additions, and Premium LIVE Summit rewards for clarity on how to get them. I also added the labeled discipline each vehicle is in.

Motorpass Vehicles:

1. Pagani Zonda F Primary Edition (Hypercar)
2. Proto Concept Sparrow Competition (Alpha Grand Prix)
3. McLaren 720S Spider Blast Edition (Hypercar)
4. Chevrolet Corvette C8.R (Touring Car)
5. Mini Cooper S Checkered Edition (Touring Car)

Shop Additions (cars that can be purchased with Bucks):

1. Maserati MC20 (Hypercar)
2. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR (Street Race)
3. Porsche 917K 1970 (Touring Car)
4. Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT (coupe) (Street Race)
5. Ford Crown Victoria Limousine (Drift)
6. Porsche Panamera Turbo S Sport Turismo (Street Race)
7. KTM X-Bow GT2 (Touring Car)
8. Spyker C8 LaViolette GT2-R (Touring Car)
9. Saleen S1 GT4 Cup (Touring Car)
10. Proto Concept Pulse Performance (Alpha Grand Prix)
11. Proto Concept Glow Motorsport (Alpha Grand Prix)

Premium LIVE Summit Rewards:

1. Porsche 935 2.0 Coupe Baby Old-Timer Edition (Touring Car)
2. Alfa Romeo 4C Serpente Edizione (Street Race)
3. Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Lucky Dragon Edition (Street Race)
4. Proto Concept Spear Racing (Alpha Grand Prix)

The Crew: Motorfest reveal appears to be imminent. Was intended to be an expansion for TC2, but is being spun off into a standalone title:

EDIT: Media from the tweet has been removed, here's a screenshot instead
View attachment 1226471

Sounds like Motorfest is making its debut tomorrow:

But it's a big DLC or a new full game?
Project Orlando (the codename given to the Motorfest project) was supposed to be an expansion for The Crew 2, but now it is being developed as a standalone title.

Leaks suggest there is an option to carry over your progress from TC2 into the new game.

Latest Posts

Back