The Crew 2 Open Beta Coming, More Details at E3 2018

So the update to version 1.01 on the closed beta was to make it an open beta? I don't need to download a new 22GB beta then?

So the update to version 1.01 on the closed beta was to make it an open beta? I don't need to download a new 22GB beta then?

I guess that's how it worked.

Then I would think another update will happen and it will be the full release?

I guess that's how it worked.

Then I would think another update will happen and it will be the full release?

I doubt it, i preordered it and I now have 2 TC2 icons on my Xbox, The Crew 2 standard edition (even though it came with the gold edition) and the open beta one.

I doubt it, i preordered it and I now have 2 TC2 icons on my Xbox, The Crew 2 standard edition (even though it came with the gold edition) and the open beta one.

I have it pre-ordered gold edition and I only have 1. (Unless sony waits until it downloads it?)

Just wondering if there's been any word concerning being able to delete your saved game once you start a campaign? For example, in the original you physically can't delete your saved progress and begin again from scratch, at least I wasn't able to find a way....

You could only do it by creating a completely different account on the same console but problem then is that all your DLC doesn't get transferred and you need to purchase it again...

I have it pre-ordered gold edition and I only have 1. (Unless sony waits until it downloads it?)
Hmmm that is really weird. In what order did you do that?

I first played the closes beta
Then preordered and I got another icon
Then a few days ago updated closed beta to open.

Edit - Aah you’re on PS, yeah probably differently handled between Xbox and PS

Just wondering if there's been any word concerning being able to delete your saved game once you start a campaign? For example, in the original you physically can't delete your saved progress and begin again from scratch, at least I wasn't able to find a way....

You could only do it by creating a completely different account on the same console but problem then is that all your DLC doesn't get transferred and you need to purchase it again...

I believe it's still the same way as TC1, you can't physically delete it.

^ That's a real shame IMO. What happens then once you complete the game and want to do it again? Does it mean you may as well sell/delete it?

Well completing the game is reaching icon 9990 (From what the beta has had, also to put that into perspective that we only had icon 1 in beta)
So it may take a few years or decades to reach it, or you may just get bored of it and not play it.

Well completing the game is reaching icon 9990 (From what the beta has had, also to put that into perspective that we only had icon 1 in beta)
So it may take a few years or decades to reach it, or you may just get bored of it and not play it.
i had to scroll so long to reach the end, that was ridiculous.

I bet Jon Doewon Song will reach icon 9990 before FH4 came out. In 4 days he managed to fully upgrade the Huracan in street spec, the Peugeot 3008 DKR, bought all the boats and also upgrade them to max. He also bought all the drag cars and upgrade them too. And yet I allway saw him playing FH3. And he did play the Beta on xbox couse I met him once, while he was trying to beat the world record in raid spec.

Might interest somebody.

The Crew® 2 is happy to announce an Open Beta contest where you can win a brand new real life Harley-Davidson® Iron 883™!

All you have to do is opt in at thecrewgame.com/beta, be over 18 years old, be a legal resident of the US, and reach fame level 2 in the open beta. After that, you will automatically be entered in the King of the Road Trip sweepstakes where you could win the Harley-Davidson® Iron 883™!

Don`t miss out on your opportunity to win the Harley Davison® Iron 883™! Pre-load the Open Beta now and get compete for your chance to be The King of the Road Trip starting June 21st.

Read contest rules HERE.

The hype is real! Only two more days until the Open Beta! Ended up missing out on the Closed Beta, so this'll be my first venture into this game. 👍

I will probably play this for about an hour or two and then just stop since I have preordered it gold edition so I will be playing a day after beta closes.

Tried to download the open beta from PS Store. I press download and nothing happens.. Tried many times. Did I miss a step? Has this happened to anyone else?

I downloaded it fine last night - started downloading straight away - it is 24+GB but if there was a space issue on your HDD it would say so.

Who wanna take a road trip on route 66 to the end and back, while following posted speedlimit and traffic rules?

Probably gonna stream it.

It's been like for 40 some minutes already.

As I will be playing soon and going through that tutorial again. :banghead:

Edit: Screen resolution is still a bit wonky. :grumpy:
Also beta version is a different instance of the game than the full game.
(As you will need to download the new version when it comes out)

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the crew 2 map seem more empty than the first game

It is empty.
Just a white map with locations.

Until you zoom in to just about street level then you get the pop.

Also the more you level up the more events show up.

It is empty.
Just a white map with locations.

Until you zoom in to just about street level then you get the pop.

Also the more you level up the more events show up.

I'm talking about cities and actual structures.

I'm flying over the map, and its mostly just open area with rock formations or trees.

I'm talking about cities and actual structures.

I'm flying over the map, and its mostly just open area with rock formations or trees.

To me it's more dense in the cities but there are things that have been left out for specific reasons.
But as soon as you get outside of the cities it's pretty much a copy and paste of trees and trees.

Back