The Crew 2 Open Beta Coming, More Details at E3 2018

I've been playing the beta for about an hour now on PS4, starting out with street racing.
Handling with the controller feels good, more responsive and tight than I remember from the first game (but I haven't played it in a while). Using my wheel however - Thrustmaster T150 - feels about as dull, sluggish and uninformative as I remember from the first game. Force feedback is terrible.

I'm planning on buying the full game - hoping for better events this time, just cruising around was more fun in the previous game - but I think it's very likely I'll only be using my wheel when I'm on a random leisure car trip and stick to the controller, and likely 3rd person camera, for actual races.

A question - is randomly found loot the only way to upgrade cars this time? I didn't care much for the system in the first game, but I can't say yet if I'm going to like loot hunting better.

A question - is randomly found loot the only way to upgrade cars this time? I didn't care much for the system in the first game, but I can't say yet if I'm going to like loot hunting better.

You get them from the world with "Live" crates or through events.
As it seems that Skills don't give them anymore. (So I guess that's one way to prevent quick power ranking)

You get them from the world with "Live" crates or through events.
As it seems that Skills don't give them anymore. (So I guess that's one way to prevent quick power ranking)

Any tips for finding those live crates? The radar when you're near one doesn't show direction and turning up and down the same small side streets or parking lots for minutes without seemingly coming closer, gets old really fast.

Edit: Okay, so I just got a purple upgrade part for doing a speed trap. So maybe races and those kind of world events will provide enough that meticulously going treasure hunting won't be mandatory.

Any tips for finding those live crates? The radar when you're near one doesn't show direction and turning up and down the same small side streets or parking lots for minutes without seemingly coming closer, gets old really fast.

Edit: Okay, so I just got a purple upgrade part for doing a speed trap. So maybe races and those kind of world events will provide enough that meticulously going treasure hunting won't be mandatory.

The live crates can be a bit of a tricky thing.
Yes once you find it on radar it gets faster, but when you stop it means you have pasted it.
Kinda like a compass.
It beeps in one direction, then when it stops you stop and go either left or right, then it goes again and try do it that way.

It also seems that the one thing is that you get parts for skills but only once, repeating events don't gain any other parts. (As someone pointed out on the forums, although I have had that issue with closed beta)

Just got done with the trial bits + first three Street Races. So far, so very Closed Beta. Including the slight Display Area issue.

Also is it bad that I absolutely destroyed the competition in the hard Vegas race in a 133 Audi TT just because that's how much.. "practice" I got on that during the Closed Beta? :lol:

Is anyone playing with a wheel? And is your opinion as negative on that as mine was a few posts back?
I even enjoy my random cruising more with the controller than the wheel so far, but maybe I'll adjust.

WTF.. I'm on basic PS4. Frames per second is about ten. Crashes and disconnects like hell..

edit: Just after posting I started the game again. Loaded a race and I could only see white :D After 30 seconds it disconnected.

WTF.. I'm on basic PS4. Frames per second is about ten. Crashes and disconnects like hell..

edit: Just after posting I started the game again. Loaded a race and I could only see white :D After 30 seconds it disconnected.

I had no problems and a smooth framerate when I played a few hours ago on a standard PS4.

First impressions after closed beta, Physics have changed drastically.

Also pro settings allow you to tune car in detail. Things drivers aids, suspension, etc

All the shared liveries carry over.

Got a few hours of play in this morning before work. I was having a lot of fun with it. I especially enjoyed the boats, which is good since that is what forced me to forgive how much i was let down by the first one. Did the first race for each hq, and a couple races in each free car. then bought a drift car and a little jet boat. I then did the first race or two for those. When it gave me a house i did a little customization but not much.... wanted to try as much game play as possible with my first impression.

It is very early on but i would say i will buy it at this point. See how i feel after playing it as much as i can the next few days......

Only house in the Beta is in Miami, on the Biscayne Islands I believe.

Do you have to travel to it to get it?
Or does it pop up during the game you have received a house?

Edit : I found it, thanks. I feel like a fool lol

Is it not possible to restart an event before finishing it? If I make a horrible mistake at the beginning - like slamming into a couple of buildings - do I really need to finish the entire event before I can try again?
Rubberbanding in this game only seems to work in the AIs favour, so if I screw up too badly it seems like starting over is the best idea.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it in the tool menu rather than the main menu.

How much more is there in the open beta compared to the closed beta?
More than a dozen more events than the close beta and 4 new disciplines (drift, touring car, motocross and jet boats?). Quite a game this open beta.
Is it me or you need to grind more for the parts this time around? I don't want to gind a lot for the parts, but so far I experience 1 max 2lv (car level) every single race.

As far as I know, from the Closed Beta, it er...

...Clutters up your space less? Besides that there's seemingly no real benefit from it.

That's exactly why I asked, because from what I could see, that is all it does. I thought I might have being a little dumb lol
Cheers

Back