The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter FT-1
  • 3,571 comments
  • 695,326 views
I wonder if Custom Race event Prestige Tickets will be farmable by racing an event, albeit slowly, instead of being limited to non-completed Custom Race events.
 
The Zerouno AND Batista!?!? That's what I like to see in an Elite Bundle!
Well, I know what 》I《 am getting for Christmas :lol:

@Terronium-12 how is the Season 11 news article getting along...?

EDIT: The Traxxas RC summit car is NOT going to be in Prestige shop, along with the 2 Mrcarsounds engine sounds that were in the Summit/Custom Show (can't remember which). Annoying as that RC car was top of my wanted list. Seems like it's due to licensing issues (possibly, they don't state the reason).

Also, the Prestige tickets are going to be reworked, with standard costs for vehicle and vanity categories and the Ticket cost should be lower overall. Prestige tickets will no longer be in the Custom Show, but are being added to Grand Race and generally tickets available are being increased by about 50% overall if you complete all the relevant parts of the game.
 
Last edited:
I hope the TrackForge menu could receive an overhaul such as name-based track searching, amount of laps, difficulty selection and a higher filter limit!

PS I wonder if when it'll leave the Beta status it could used as a road editor in the open world, I would be very okay even if it didn't have any props!
 
Last edited:
Lots of season 11 preview content:


Hmm turbo sounds on an N/A V16... 🤔


First month is 4 weeks (then 5 and 5) and the Main Stage reward car is the Jeep Wrangler Pioneer Edition, 850 Prestige Tickets for level 20 (plus 300 for level 2)


There are beacons to collect (video is on MGTV channel).
 
One interesting aspect of the new content is that the Jimny and the Jimny Winch Edition belong to different vehicle classes.
I had assumed both belonged to the Rally Raid category, but it seems the stock Jimny actually belongs to the ST1 category, not the Rally Raid.

While some might be dissatisfied or confused by this decision, it might actually be a good thing, considering the limitations on visual customization for cars in the Rally Raid category.

And the ST1 Jimny body kit... looks so crazy, it's like the Jimny has appeared in a recent Need for Speed game.

This is likely to be a polarizing choice, but given the recent trend of circuit trials involving the Jimny in Japan, it might actually make perfect sense…? 🤔
 
ザ クルー:モーターフェス_20261007211512.webp

How many times must I experience this kind of disappointment in this game?

The Jimny Winch Edition itself was a thoroughly enjoyable vehicle, even without the winch gimmick. It was agile, handled beautifully, and was an excellent off-roader that made me want to keep driving forever.
That's why these strange visual customization limitations will sadden me all the more. 💔

ザ クルー:モーターフェス_20261007213143.webp


On a positive note, the Tomb Raider playlist offers a truly unique experience.

Since it's not a pure racing content, some people might strongly hate it. That's understandable.
However, it delivered exactly the kind of surprise they spoke about in their Traxion interview: "Can a racing game really offer an experience like this?"
It manages to retain the core mechanics of driving a car while delivering the fun of dungeon exploration and puzzle-solving. It is a fresh and enjoyable experience.

For people like me who enjoyed games like Choro Q/Road Trip Adventure, this game will probably offer a similar sense of fun, driving a car and going on adventures.
 
Last edited:
Ive opted to grab the season pass, at this point I owe ubisoft... its been daylight robbery what ive got in value out of this game... New Island has a lot of character a great off road sandbox. Not looked at the new playlist yet. The Prestige Points catalogue is better everything is cheaper now.
 
For people like me who enjoyed games like Choro Q/Road Trip Adventure, this game will probably offer a similar sense of fun, driving a car and going on adventures.
Road trip adventure what a game that was. Had so much fun as a kid playing that games so many hours spent trying to unlock the devil engine.
 
Road trip adventure what a game that was. Had so much fun as a kid playing that games so many hours spent trying to unlock the devil engine.
Still hoping it gets added to the Classic Catalog. But it seems unlikely since the OST was basically stolen:
 

Time to Switch (2). Only 30fps though which is a bit of a bummer.
 
Am I the only one who can't get the winch to work on the first mission?

Game says press circle, options show circle as winch button, I've aimed the yellow cursor on both ends of the stranded Jeep and pressed circle multiple times, held it down and tried every other button on my contoller.

Nothing works.

EDIT: Nevermind, had to bind the winch to right stick to make it work.

EDIT 2: AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH! the stupid button assigning in this game is infuriating! Why the hell all buttons are linked together between different situations instead of separated?

Wanna assign winch button? Sure, but at the same time your menu button, map button or maybe gear change button changes aswell. Because they are not separated!

Also, are there ANY other cars besides the new Jimny, Hyundai or G-Wagen that can get a working winch?
 
Last edited:
Driving around the new island im struck by how natural it looks I wonder if there is an element of satellite imagery been used to render it. I remember ubisoft devs used satellite imaging to render parts of assassins creed origins (egypt) with that technique. New Tomb Raider DLC is an enjoyable experience, the quad bike following the lights at night was really atmospheric. Being able to toggle between regular chase cam and manual camera is possible when driving between objectives (just cycle view button). I think there will be very limited replay value to this playlist sadly, but it is a good experience. Im quite glad the puzzles are just incidental instead of obtuse to the point were dipping youtube is necessary. Saying all that Ive actually turned it off after 4 events and played something else...

I think the new islands will shine the most with an offroad playlist part 3 when it inevitably drops. Car puzzles is original at least and seeing wildlife and dinosaurs everywhere is a whimsical bit of fun.
 
Last edited:
PSA - the default winch button is the "B" button on Xbox (which should be O on PlayStation)!!

Tonight I just did the drive to the container to unlock Kaua'i and the Exploration/Wildlife stuff.
The map unlock is useful for stacking with the "drive 12.4 miles challenge" we get every week. Done about 6% of the roads on Kaua'i, used the winch on the first beacon and then spent ages trying to get a photo of these two beauties...
There be whales here!
20261007_232737.webp

Also, the 🦄 is back! :D
 
Completed the Tomb Raider DLC a decent experience half the missions are play once puzzles whereas the others are quite epic races, I think they nailed it. A memorable experience.
 
So, in a nutshell, what are the 5 new cars that are available from the off- as in, driveable from today?
 
So, in a nutshell, what are the 5 new cars that are available from the off- as in, driveable from today?
You can filter the shop list to "not owned" It highlighted some cars that are dropping over the next few weeks too.
 
So while Xbox players obviously matter, you can’t simply use “Xbox has more players” to dismiss a major decline in Steam engagement. Steam numbers aren’t the entire picture, but Xbox isn’t an infinite pool of players either.
People made this mistake with Forza Motorsport, saying Steam player numbers don't matter, but Steam is by far the best game store on PC now, the player numbers do matter. When FM's Steam players were below ACC, for example, people tried to come up with arguments for why it didn't matter, but as time passed, it became clear it did matter.

Having said that, FH6's Steam player numbers are not terrible, it has over double FH5's numbers, and its numbers are significantly higher than FH5's were the same number of months after release, so I don't think the Steam numbers support a narrative that FH6 is failing / dying.

Motorfest has far better gameplay than FH6, IMO, but I haven't played it much recently because it has become a bit big and unfocused for my liking. It's great for people who like that, but I'm more on the side of preferring quality over quantity, so I still find The Crew 2 to be a better game than Motorfest, and FH4 to be a better game than FH5 or FH6.
 
Am I the only one who can't get the winch to work on the first mission?

Game says press circle, options show circle as winch button, I've aimed the yellow cursor on both ends of the stranded Jeep and pressed circle multiple times, held it down and tried every other button on my contoller.

Nothing works.

EDIT: Nevermind, had to bind the winch to right stick to make it work.

EDIT 2: AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH! the stupid button assigning in this game is infuriating! Why the hell all buttons are linked together between different situations instead of separated?

Wanna assign winch button? Sure, but at the same time your menu button, map button or maybe gear change button changes aswell. Because they are not separated!

Also, are there ANY other cars besides the new Jimny, Hyundai or G-Wagen that can get a working winch?
I hade the same problem since I have the b button assigned to down shift. Solved it by changing to automatic transmission when I run the explorer missions. It also makes it easier to drive since itis a lot of button pressing when you change from forward to backwards in the explorer missions :)
 
Back