The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,709 comments
Parts switching is a needed addition, should have been there from the beginning as it was in TC2. I'm ok with the rest of it apart from the cross play being as is for the foreseeable future, they need to implement this. Oh, and no map filtering :(

Updated:- According to a YT video i just watched from MGC who had early access to this update, map filtering is included :)

Last edited:
9913 in English Summit.
Close one.

I looked at the leaderboards on the last night and seems like most events only had like 30k players. Maybe the horrible rewards are turning people off. The Jaguar is pretty lame compared to what they usually do.

Last edited:
There has to be a QoL feature where you can mark parts you want to delete. This was never implemented in Crew 2 and it’s not implemented in Motorfest. Weird. Maybe more people don’t care.

I hope the rumoured new island expansion happens, literally anything fresh at this stage would really help engagement (not touched motorfest in weeks now).
Some guy on YouTube went close to the middle right island and the zone message wrote "Default WIP". Do be warned, the video is from a source... a YouTuber that's a source of Cancer AKA Black Panthaa............. a fun guy called SidWaj. My bad, I had it wrong.

Last edited:
I hope the rumoured new island expansion happens, literally anything fresh at this stage would really help engagement (not touched motorfest in weeks now).
Yeah the game needs anything.

I was only grinding for legendary sets and got nitro chemist in most thing you need for summit. But the summits are garbage with weeks of lazy vanities and lame summit cars. The Jaguar is awful.

Yeah the game needs anything.

I was only grinding for legendary sets and got nitro chemist in most thing you need for summit. But the summits are garbage with weeks of lazy vanities and lame summit cars. The Jaguar is awful.
What im concerned about is if the map extension is behind a paywall, (ubisoft really likes to pimp their games to the max) will hopefully hear something on the 5th.

What im concerned about is if the map extension is behind a paywall, (ubisoft really likes to pimp their games to the max) will hopefully hear something on the 5th.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint had a map expansion with a new big island and it was free (there was going to be another expansion with another big island for free but it was canceled in the end), surely if they have plans to do something of this style with Motorfest it will also be free content.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint had a map expansion with a new big island and it was free (there was going to be another expansion with another big island for free but it was canceled in the end), surely if they have plans to do something of this style with Motorfest it will also be free content.
I really hope so, Assassins creed & Far cry suggest the opposite, Im waiting on announcement on the 5th to see what's happening. Luckily I got a disc copy so it might be on Ebay by the end of the week depending on what is announced. Its the kind of game to pick up at the end of its life when its heavily on sale and stacked with content ( I only got the crew 2 after its 60fps patch wish I had waited on motorfest too). Its a shame the gameplay didn't have a bit more nuance, I would happily repeat races if it was a rewarding learning curve / skillful game.

the new update finally removes part rewards from peacock flats and the reset in hummer xpress. Gotta make grinding worse I guess.

I already got the legendary sets I want but the summits have been pretty horrible with rewards and overall player participation.

I still like this game, but I feel the current schedule of major content updates and bug/glitch fixes at about the same frequency is wrong.

Many players have reported fatal glitches in the livery editor since release and they were aware of the problem.
But that was almost never fixed in this update, which was done 3 months after release, so perhaps the next chance to fix it will be in another 3 months.

Of course, I don't believe that glitches are easy to fix, nor do I mean to imply that they are negligent.
But in order to address serious problems as quickly as possible, I think that bug fixes and content updates should be done at different frequencies.

Last edited:
Not sure what hey did but the micro stutters in the grand race are far worse they only used to last the first 30sec/1min of the race now it's all the way through its makes me feel like throwing up they better sort it soon. I turned off cross play thinking that might be a factor only to find out i couldn't join the grand race after that i just sat waiting for players .....sigh 🤷‍♂️

Really good playlist, maybe even best.
It’s cool and fun, they did more with Hoonigan than Forza Horizon ever did. They’re probably only adding one playlist every three months though.

they also targeted grinding methods and made part affix rerolling slower. They even ruined the redliner vanity turbo whine I had on multiple cars because it was cool.

Last edited:
Loved the Playlist, the drift events gave me Pro Street vibes.

18c50234db498-screenshotUrl.jpg

Nice touch, IVT 🤍

Today Ubisoft announced the closure of The Crew servers on March 31, 2024, and the games is already delisted from digital purchases, so it will be lost forever... which is the doom that eventually awaits The Crew 2 and Motorfest in the future...

Major updates will probably stop late 2024, then just be on life support for a few more years. I predict 2026.

Today Ubisoft announced the closure of The Crew servers on March 31, 2024, and the games is already delisted from digital purchases, so it will be lost forever... which is the doom that eventually awaits The Crew 2 and Motorfest in the future...
BTW, Horizon 2 and Driveclub fallen waaay earlier. Not sure why anyone would play postWildrun tC1, with tC2 available.

It’s pretty annoying how online TC2 and Motorfest game is. You cant even leave it paused for like 10 minutes without it booting you out to the main menu. When the servers get shut off you won’t even be able to get past that, unlike a Driveclub where you can at least still play offline.

Last edited:
When the servers get shut off you won’t even be able to get past that, unlike a Driveclub where you can at least still play offline.
Technically, you can with Xbox 360 🤭
Major updates will probably stop late 2024, then just be on life support for a few more years. I predict 2026.
If they have 10 years licences, there is no reason to shut down earlier.

Back