The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,649 comments
Today Ubisoft announced the closure of The Crew servers on March 31, 2024, and the games is already delisted from digital purchases, so it will be lost forever... which is the doom that eventually awaits The Crew 2 and Motorfest in the future...
Of course they close the servers not surprised not just to make people play the crew 2 and motorfest but also to cost cut servers.

Online only games have a consequence. We dont own any games due to this online only bs. Its all rental!

Last edited:
So it seems that other than delisted the game, they also removed Ultimate Edition dlcs that I bought too.

Downloaded the game again yesterday to find my DLC cars missing so this is just super.

Last edited:
I mainly played the Crew 1 due to police chases.

Now I cant even enjoy it here and there as they close the game for good. Online only games are a curse.

Wasn't there going to be a fast swop option for the perk parts in the patch ? i don't see it they also did a small patch Wednesday but it didn't fix the online lag issues grrrrr that's the 4th time I've sat down to play on my only day off only to have the servers shut down on me for 4 hours :grumpy:

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion, but I wish they would stop updating TC2 and focus more on Motorfest.

I enjoyed TC2 and still love this game.
But now that the sequel, Motorfest, has been released, this game is already becoming a thing of the past.
And the current state of Motorfest is like Early Access. It lacks content and features, and has many fatal bugs.
I don't think it's a very good idea for them to update and live service two games at the same time in this state.

I would like to see them do what Playground Games did with Forza Horizon 4/5 and make TC2's live service more labor-saving, such as re-releasing past content, and spend much of development resource on improving Motorfest's current state.

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion, but I wish they would stop updating TC2 and focus more on Motorfest.

I enjoyed TC2 and still love this game.
But now that the sequel, Motorfest, has been released, this game is already becoming a thing of the past.
And the current state of Motorfest is like Early Access. It lacks content and features, and has many fatal bugs.
I don't think it's a very good idea for them to update and live service two games at the same time in this state.

I would like to see them do what Playground Games did with Forza Horizon 4/5 and make TC2's live service more labor-saving, such as re-releasing past content, and spend much of development resource on improving Motorfest's current state.
It seems they just had a bunch of stuff in the pipeline for TC2. They just did the big MAD update and it’s even getting brand new Gordon Murray cars this Wednesday before Motorfest. I went back to TC2 and getting cars that will import into Motorfest.

Motorfest launched without basic stuff TC2 had like fast part swapping or takedown events and has just 2 PvP modes. There’s barely anything for drag, monster trucks, boats, and planes. The summits have less variety than TC2 and already repeated events multiple times. Now people are having issues with Grand Races.

Forza Horizon does a great job carrying each game into the next and has a bunch of pvp modes to keep players busy. The festival playlist gives out at least one new car every week for over two years now.

Last edited:
Ok. I am thinking about buying this one, but is Ivory Tower adding new Playlists (single player events) and are those permanent on idiotic FOMO like in Forza Motorsport?

There are 2 FOMO cars every month, almost everything else isn't FOMO.
Usually the FOMO cars, IIRC, are often special editions of most existing cars.

Edit: Yo, Ubisoft, if you hear me, at some point let's make the FOMO cars non-FOMO, like as in, when the game will enter maintenance mode! Approx only 1% of the community being capable to earn them them is pretty "Meh."

I don't mind if the price would be grossly expensive either.

Last edited:
Usually the FOMO cars, IIRC, are often special editions of most existing cars.

Edit: Yo, Ubisoft, if you hear me, at some point let's make the FOMO cars non-FOMO, like as in, when the game will enter maintenance mode! Approx only 1% of the community being capable to earn them them is pretty "Meh."

I don't mind if the price would be grossly expensive either.
They have been bringing back TC2 summit cars in various ways like the rubicone Pagani as a Motorfest Main Stage reward and recent TC2 summit reward again. They gave out a rare car as a Twitch drop that may still be going.

They are even just selling motorpass cars now in TC2. They want people to keep playing that game.

Hello All, Before arround 1 month I buy CD for XBOX ONE S, but I changed console and now I have series X
It worked good, when I put disc it download some upgrade or update , But Im not sure my game run on 60fps, maybe on 30fps, In Settings I dont have button for Performance or Quality, only brighthess, gamma and etc. Reason is this because CD is maked for XBOX ONE S ? and for that dont have performance mode ?
Really I find big difference with 60fps on Forza and running this game... seems like 30fps.. but no settings for control that....... What Can I Do ? Buy Another version for SERIES X will be ok ? Because I try a lot of things to show this hidden menu, but nothing.. please help me :) Thanks in advance!

Hello All, Before arround 1 month I buy CD for XBOX ONE S, but I changed console and now I have series X
It worked good, when I put disc it download some upgrade or update , But Im not sure my game run on 60fps, maybe on 30fps, In Settings I dont have button for Performance or Quality, only brighthess, gamma and etc. Reason is this because CD is maked for XBOX ONE S ? and for that dont have performance mode ?
Really I find big difference with 60fps on Forza and running this game... seems like 30fps.. but no settings for control that....... What Can I Do ? Buy Another version for SERIES X will be ok ? Because I try a lot of things to show this hidden menu, but nothing.. please help me :) Thanks in advance!
You need crossgen version

Thank you for fast answer, You mean this ?
1703063464298.png

1703077336271.png

Yes, have , but on this description im not very sure, Because it shows for Digital owners, not for CD owners.. how do you think ? will help of me ? Or just stop searching and to pay just for another version ? I buy CD for XBOX ONE but I changed console and....
1703077461011.png

35,99 dollars and 9,99 dollars...

I feel like the summits definitely need variety on a weekly basis. I love doing them still but feel like they really do need a boost in creativity.
TC2 summits are getting the love instead. The MAD events used in the summit was fun, even if it means you need score breaker on everything.

Motorfest has already repeated the same events in the summit multiple times.

TC2 summits are getting the love instead. The MAD events used in the summit was fun, even if it means you need score breaker on everything.

Motorfest has already repeated the same events in the summit multiple times.
I feel like for some reason I can't get into the MAD stuff. Is it all puzzles and mazes?

Well, after not touching the game for weeks now it pains me to say that I've just uninstalled. The motivation is not there, and time is better allocated to other games and yes, to FH/FM mainly. I may revisit it way down the road if it gets the longevity TC2 has achieved.

Keep in mind that we're only in the first major update, should have more things in the Spring.

There are also teases of a second Drift Playlist coming/revealing next week.

Keep in mind that we're only in the first major update, should have more things in the Spring.

There are also teases of a second Drift Playlist coming/revealing next week.
Playlist as in new playable permanent content like that cool Hoonigan playlist? Nice! I loved Hoonigan far more than Donut.

Last edited:
Well, after not touching the game for weeks now it pains me to say that I've just uninstalled. The motivation is not there, and time is better allocated to other games and yes, to FH/FM mainly. I may revisit it way down the road if it gets the longevity TC2 has achieved.
It is what it is, a live service game that’ll take like a year to get updates rolling, three months per season. Like I did the hoonigan stuff in an hour or something.

I only pop in for the once a month summit with car rewards now and have been playing TC2 again. I still have a bunch of cars to get that export to Motorfest.

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that in the next update they will fix all the bugs in the livery editor and make it as reliable and comfortable as TC2's livery editor.

This is more important to me than any shiny supercar or new playlist or crazy vanity, but I'll probably file a bug report with them again and wait another 3 months...

I sincerely hope that in the next update they will fix all the bugs in the livery editor and make it as reliable and comfortable as TC2's livery editor.

This is more important to me than any shiny supercar or new playlist or crazy vanity, but I'll probably file a bug report with them again and wait another 3 months...
Based on the fact that I and most of the other painters from TC2 decided not to move to TCM when we found out that we couldn't transfer our liveries over, I agree with you. We created a lot of content in the last game that really extended the life of the game for a lot of people, but it really seems like Ivory Tower has never cared about their content creators. Heck even in TC2, it never made sense that painters wouldn't get paid for their livery downloads. So I guess they never really thought too hard about our work from the very beginning.

Back