The Crew: Wild Run Edition

I tried the patch without the DLC and have to say I like it. You get the new cars and bikes even without the DLC and that is everything I need at the moment.
You also can do crates, which is nice.
It looks like you only need the DLC if you actually want do drive the police cars.

I just didn't find the AMG GT. Will it come later?

Oh..and as I my PSplus just ran out, I noticed that without it, I got the solo mode, I've always wanted. :D

Last edited:
I tried the patch without the DLC and have to say I like it. You get the new cars and bikes even without the DLC and that is everything I need at the moment.

Do you? Did you buy WildRun? I didn't, just the base game, and when I tried buying the stock GT-R it said I need to purchase the DLC. I checked the MC12 too and it was the same.

Haven't seen the AMG GT yet either.

@KiroKai Well, I guess have to apologize as I didn't buy a car. I just checked the new cars in the car collection and didn't see a mention of DLC only. :(

I own the wild run, but I bet that I'll see the same note in the dealership.

I did like 2 missions and one create and I haven't touched it since.
The free Nissan GTR isn't considered free. (You have to buy the CAU to get it)
The addition of it isn't as good as it could of been.

@KiroKai Well, I guess have to apologize as I didn't buy a car. I just checked the new cars in the car collection and didn't see a mention of DLC only. :(

I own the wild run, but I bet that I'll see the same note in the dealership.

No problem, when I saw the new cars in the dealer I got excited too since they show normal credit price tags, only asks for the DLC when you actually try to buy them.

The different ways DLC is implemented in this game are just confusing; the standard DLC cars you have to purchase and they show a clear real currency price in the dealer, WildRun cars (not bikes) you can buy, just the extra specs stay locked, and now CAU cars appear stock, seperate from cop versions, but it doesn't allow buying. Meanwhile not purchasing WildRun locked you out of the WR events, but everyone can play the new CAU crates mode. :confused:

Compared to Horizon, I notice The Crew's poor car physics, extreme lag, locked control layout and annoying narrow FoV in all camera views even more. So I won't purchase this DLC either (especially for 24.99€ :lol:).

Bought the game last week, and have been having quite a bit of fun, so I went ahead and purchased CAU yesterday as well. I'm surprised they let people have access to the crate missions without buying the DLC, as it didn't add up. $25 is too much for the part of the DLC you unlock, but it would have been reasonable if half of the update wasn't free. (Aka the Crates)
The crates are fun, the working together is nice, I like the way they implemented the Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum, with a 25/50/75/100% chance of getting a car fragment. I think they could have done a better job with the Bounty system, the on-screen 'targets' are too big, and more distracting than they are helpful in their current state. The blue-line that tells you where to go is fairly glitchy, the 'start' screen remains on the screen for far too long, and is in your way since the mission starts immediately, and often times a turn is required before it fades away.

I can't say for sure, but it feels as if the difficulty scales with the amount of people in the event. Playing Solo, I can do any of the crate missions, without ever needing to use a single 'ability'. When people start joining to 'protect' me, it seems as if the amount of AI cops are doubled, which is fine, as personally I think these events are far too easy for the person leading the run. On the other hand if you are trying to assist, you're given a rather difficult task of trying to navigate the endless chaos of the person you're trying to 'protect' which is far harder than just delivering the crate. Making your way through traffic, and countless wrecked or emp'd cop cars, while trying to follow nothing but an arrow on your screen, isn't simple. I think all drivers on the 'delivery' side should see the line, to know where the crate is going. On the inverse, when you join someone else's started mission, you are at the mercy of their skill level. I'm only a week into the game, I'm by no means anything special, but I was rather disappointed in some of the people I was paired with, as it was multiple failures for seemingly blatant poor driving skills. This is a double edged blade though, as last night, I noticed a group of 3 driver following me, and waiting for me to start a mission, and eventually inviting me to their crew to continue 'assisting' me, as I bounced around knocking out all the gold crate missions.

As a Cop, you still have to upgrade your car, which I'm not really a fan of. I was hoping to jump in and go arrest some people, but the 717 piece of trash they start you with, isn't going to cut it. Saved up some money, bought a Lambo, but still, in order to keep up with everyone's 1497 Street cars, I had to go grind some parts before I could really compete. I expected Police cars to be ready from the factory, but it's not a deal breaker. As a cop... you are in a very similar situation to the 'protectors' I mentioned above, where it's harder to navigate through the sea of cop cars, than it would be to just compete against the racer 1v1. I'm not sure it would be fair for cop cars to be 'ghosted' or 'no-collision' mode, but as a cop your best bet is to strike early if possible, before the slough of cop cars begin piling up, figuratively and literally.

The fragment system for the Cop requires 15 successful 'busts' for a car, which makes sense, as you can potentially end the chases far quicker than a racer can. The % system is the same as above 25/50/75/100 based on whatever event the 'racer' started. Unfortunately this results in a potential issue, where a Cop is now at the mercy of a racer picking the events the cop hasn't already beat. As with the racer crates, once you've received that fragment, you can't get another fragment from the same crate. I think this is a mistake for the police side, because as a cop, you can't select the event you join. You aren't able to start one against the AI either like racers are, so you either repeat the same crate multiple times, or just wait for the room to start a different crate. The former is counter-intuitive, as if I repeat missions as a cop... well then I'm preventing a racer from getting that crate, which will result in them re-starting the same crate, and the cycle continues. It's actually in your best interest to just let them win, and hope they move on to a crate you haven't received. I think Cops should be able to get rewards from repeats, since they have no say in what missions they join into.

Just my .02 after playing for a week :)

I just didn't find the AMG GT. Will it come later?
Looks like it's the prize for the December summit.

New bike from the Nov. summit:
iexBltD.jpg

Just bought the Wild Run edition PS4 last week. Am lvl 24 now, but don't see the Gallardo or F40.
Do these cars appear when you reach lvl 30 or so?
Thanks!

Just bought the Wild Run edition PS4 last week. Am lvl 24 now, but don't see the Gallardo or F40.
Do these cars appear when you reach lvl 30 or so?
Thanks!

I know the F40 is a perf car and that should be available?
Although it could be where you have to get to where the "summit" is and it would unlock?
I don't know how it goes.

I know the F40 is a perf car and that should be available?
Although it could be where you have to get to where the "summit" is and it would unlock?
I don't know how it goes.

Thanks, did the dec. summit and won the Ducati.
But no F40 or Gallardo in any of the garages. Also F12 is missing, which was there during the 2 hour trial version :( odd.

@Puzom The dealership doesn't show every car in this game. Go to your car collection in the headquarter, it should be there. Just click on it there and you'll be able able to buy it. The game will ask, if you want to do a fast travel to dealer XY, do it and the car will be spawned.

@Puzom The dealership doesn't show every car in this game. Go to your car collection in the headquarter, it should be there. Just click on it there and you'll be able able to buy it. The game will ask, if you want to do a fast travel to dealer XY, do it and the car will be spawned.

Did that, but they are not there :( Maybe lvl needs to be higher?

Are you sure, you didn't overlook the F40?
It doesn't have to be next to the other Ferraris in the list.
I was level 50 months before the car or even WildRun got released, but I never heard anything about a level requirement for specific cars.

Did that, but they are not there :( Maybe lvl needs to be higher?

Are you sure, you didn't overlook the F40?
It doesn't have to be next to the other Ferraris in the list.
I was level 50 months before the car or even WildRun got released, but I never heard anything about a level requirement for specific cars.

You have to visit the dealer first to unlock the cars there. Have you visited every dealer so far?

Reinstalled the game after having deleted it months ago. I won't say much, but I will say it was good driving my RL car in an open world game like this. Only letdown is that they modeled a freaking V8 for it 👎:ouch: why does almost everyone with a Z ruin it with a V8? The L24-28 engines sound better than almost any other engine out there, especially a lousy V8.

IMG_7464.JPG
IMG_7462.JPG
IMG_7463.JPG

I'm glad I got this game but also glad I only paid $13 for it. Especially after the first time it lost its connection to Ubisoft.

I didn't know before that this is made by the TDU guys. It's evident by the appalling lack of polish on some things, but it's far more endearing than either TDU game. At first the map's "creative" interpretation of the country seemed so irritatingly uneven that I wondered if they should have even bothered, but as I explored a bit while driving to each dealership, the world grew on me and landmarks and familiar aesthetics were amusing to discover.

I'm fairly pleased with the handling after tweaking the controls, though it's a little "murky" and vague. But drifting is fun enough for casual cruising, and it seems like there may be plenty of actually worthwhile backroads and hillclimbs scattered across the map. I'm hoping there will be more to enjoy than the dull and soulless ribbons of asphalt that the FH series has settled upon for its roadmaps.

I'm playing without PS+ so I'm just on my own with the events, but I like the supply of mini-challenges and things to do. It's too bad they didn't make better use of offroad areas and some of the further reaches of the map. I explored my "neighborhood" of the country first, and found that UP Michigan is virtually empty and pointless, it only exists to add its shape to the overall map. I like how they added wildlife as at least something for you to find in the woods, though.

Picked up The Ultimate Edition earlier this week for just £20 and am loving it so far. Luckily, I still had my old Level 50 save, so I went back to one of my favourite cars from before the expansions were released, my 2013 Shelby GT500 Perf. Took the drag wing off, replacing for a stock one, and have now gotten it to be my highest rated car, with a rating of 1241 (Just edging out my 2 Viper SRT-10's at 1226).

My car plans for each spec (italics for cars I already have):
Street: Mazda MX-5 ND
Dirt: Subaru BRZ
Perf: Shelby GT500
Raid: Dodge Ram SRT-10

Circuit: Maserati MC12
Drift: Mazda RX-7
Drag: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Monster: Ford F-150 Raptor
Perf Cop: Nissan GT-R

Circuit Cop: Ford GT

The Shelby will probably still be my most used car, since it handles like a dream and has an amazing blue/white paint scheme with a bodykit nearly identical to that of the car in the NFS movie:
01-nfs-shelby-gt500.jpg

Has anyone else had a glitch where while you are a blocker for the crate transporter, the crate transporter's vehicle looks like it is flying? It is definitely cool seeing it, especially when the "flying" vehicle is a monster truck.

What is the best car currently to modify in order to get 9000 points in braking? The Ford GT circuit only gets around 8800 or so and that's the last award I need to complete the set.

What is the best car currently to modify in order to get 9000 points in braking? The Ford GT circuit only gets around 8800 or so and that's the last award I need to complete the set.

I don't know what car but I know I got it with the focus with all breaking stats I think. I can't confirm it because I don't exactly know how I got it and it's been awhile.

Also has the faction bug where you get sent back like 3 miles after where you crash been fixed? I have been wanting to play it but it's the one bug that I don't like because I would rather do an hour of driving without having to restart back like 5 miles.

I don't know what car but I know I got it with the focus with all breaking stats I think. I can't confirm it because I don't exactly know how I got it and it's been awhile.

Also has the faction bug where you get sent back like 3 miles after where you crash been fixed? I have been wanting to play it but it's the one bug that I don't like because I would rather do an hour of driving without having to restart back like 5 miles.

Dang.

In reply to your question I would say no since I had the same problem while doing "Highway Child" or whatever it's called and had the same issue. People actually recommend not doing the faction missions over 30 minutes long anyways since you can easily get the same rewards doing shorter ones multiple times in a row.

Dang.

In reply to your question I would say no since I had the same problem while doing "Highway Child" or whatever it's called and had the same issue. People actually recommend not doing the faction missions over 30 minutes long anyways since you can easily get the same rewards doing shorter ones multiple times in a row.

Highway child is the one I always do since it's like relaxing the town then relaxing, icky New York then relax, but since it's still not fixed and update in March doesn't have it so I guess it's blah

Latest Posts

Back