The Day to Night Mod That Changes Assetto Corsa Forever

This looks fantastic. Great work!

(Now we need definitely Spa at night in GT Sport :lol:, and night at Le Mans can be that hard isn't it?:lol:)

...best mod out there that will for sure extend life of Assetto Corsa by a huge. Cheers to guys who did it, and thanks for working on weather effects affecting tracks and cars...

I will get this sooner or later, i just recently tried mods for AC and im really impressed what the community does here. Coming from console AC, this is a HUGE step. Feels like a new game now.

This looks fantastic. Great work!

(Now we need definitely Spa at night in GT Sport :lol:, and night at Le Mans can be that hard isn't it?:lol:)

GT Sports is a crap. Kaz should use laser scanning to have perfect race tracks. I noticed that the tracks are too narrow at GT Sports when compared to other games.

GT Sports is a crap. Kaz should use laser scanning to have perfect race tracks. I noticed that the tracks are too narrow at GT Sports when compared to other games.

I think all their new tracks from GT6 onwards use laser scan. I know definitely Bathurst is laser scanned. Nordschleife isn't but until Assetto's version showed up it's one of the most realistic out there.

Keep in mind also camera location and FOV can change track appearance dramatically. GT's FOV is way too wide in my opinion and combined with the fact that most people play far from their TVs it gives the illusion that the track is narrower than actual.

Total modding rookie here. I've had AC from day one, and never saw the need to mod anything as I was quite happy with the way things were. This mod seems worth it. I'm on a PC and was wondering where this mod can be found, and how is it implemented? Also was wondering how stable this is, and can it screw up your computer? I know these are dumb questions to the modding community but I've never done it.

Total modding rookie here. I've had AC from day one, and never saw the need to mod anything as I was quite happy with the way things were. This mod seems worth it. I'm on a PC and was wondering where this mod can be found, and how is it implemented? Also was wondering how stable this is, and can it screw up your computer? I know these are dumb questions to the modding community but I've never done it.

Modding is pretty scary when you do it for the first time, but the absolute worst case scenario is a game re-install.

I'd highly recommend a program called 'Content Manager' as it makes installing mods super easy. Here's a video by GM explaining how to set it up/use it.

I think all their new tracks from GT6 onwards use laser scan. I know definitely Bathurst is laser scanned. Nordschleife isn't but until Assetto's version showed up it's one of the most realistic out there.

Keep in mind also camera location and FOV can change track appearance dramatically. GT's FOV is way too wide in my opinion and combined with the fact that most people play far from their TVs it gives the illusion that the track is narrower than actual.

No laser scanning at GT chap

“The aim was to look at the circuits they have digitised as if they are real circuits,” explains Jacques Berger, head of the FIA’s Safety Department. “When we went to Japan we went through all the circuits they have built and checked all the details – track width, the size of the run-off areas, the kind of debris fencing used, the kerbs etc."

“The FIA had model data that acted as a reference and it was compared with the Gran Turismo tracks to see whether they were accurately represented, as well as checking the design of the run-off areas, the shape of the kerbs and position of the tyre barriers to make sure the FIA’s general safety standards were fulfilled.”

“They are using very impressive, very complex methods to digitize the circuits,” he says. “They use photos from helicopters, GPS, Differential GPS and laser scans to build a 3D circuit. It is the kind of technology F1 teams usually use with their simulators.”
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/auto8.pdf (page 24)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-fia-certification/

https://www.gtplanet.net/dr-kazunor...ure-gran-turismos-driving-physics-production/

Step by step, best video out there.

“The aim was to look at the circuits they have digitised as if they are real circuits,” explains Jacques Berger, head of the FIA’s Safety Department. “When we went to Japan we went through all the circuits they have built and checked all the details – track width, the size of the run-off areas, the kind of debris fencing used, the kerbs etc."

“The FIA had model data that acted as a reference and it was compared with the Gran Turismo tracks to see whether they were accurately represented, as well as checking the design of the run-off areas, the shape of the kerbs and position of the tyre barriers to make sure the FIA’s general safety standards were fulfilled.”

“They are using very impressive, very complex methods to digitize the circuits,” he says. “They use photos from helicopters, GPS, Differential GPS and laser scans to build a 3D circuit. It is the kind of technology F1 teams usually use with their simulators.”
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/auto8.pdf (page 24)
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-fia-certification/

https://www.gtplanet.net/dr-kazunor...ure-gran-turismos-driving-physics-production/

Cool, but it seems propaganda. Take a look at the positions of the grandstands at Brands Hatch and compare Willow Spring (mainly Horse Thief) with the real thing.

Cool, but it seems propaganda. Take a look at the positions of the grandstands at Brands Hatch and compare Willow Spring (mainly Horse Thief) with the real thing.
I honestly don't know how to respond to that.

I guess I'll just wait for the GTPlanet front page scoop of the decade:
"Polyphony Digital caught in 'Laser Scanning' hoax".

Well what's this then: https://jalopnik.com/bathurst-gets-scanned-for-gran-turismo-6-5893177

Seems like you're one of those people whose blind hatred towards a series clouds any possible objective discussion on any topic. I admit GT has a lot of faults, but track accuracy isn't one of them. I've been to Laguna Seca in 2013 and the atmosphere of the track is exactly the same as the track in Gran Turismo 2. Didn't get that same feeling on any other game's rendition of Laguna until Assetto's version came along a few years later.

Well what's this then: https://jalopnik.com/bathurst-gets-scanned-for-gran-turismo-6-5893177

Seems like you're one of those people whose blind hatred towards a series clouds any possible objective discussion on any topic. I admit GT has a lot of faults, but track accuracy isn't one of them. I've been to Laguna Seca in 2013 and the atmosphere of the track is exactly the same as the track in Gran Turismo 2. Didn't get that same feeling on any other game's rendition of Laguna until Assetto's version came along a few years later.

Sorry, I meant that Wilow Spring,mainly Horse Thief, does not to seem to had been laser scanned. Barbelona and Fuji, for instance, are ok.

Sorry, I meant that Wilow Spring,mainly Horse Thief, does not to seem to had been laser scanned. Barbelona and Fuji, for instance, are ok.

Well you should've been more clear from the start instead of just saying "GT sport is crap bcuz no laser scan tracks".

By your definition, then even Assetto is crap because Zandvoort wasn't laser scanned. In fact apart from iRacing I couldn't think of a single mass market sim that has 100% LS tracks. And we all know how much iRacing costs.

Well, the word "laser" is not mentioned on the article. It only says that they´re scanning the track. lol

Well, the word "laser" is not mentioned on the article. It only says that they´re scanning the track. lol
Untitled111.png

Source (watch from about 21.30):

Ok this is big. This will probably make me pick up AC again.

Saw someone say in the YouTube comments that the modder(s) responsible for this are also working towards a weather conditions mod too, eeek.

Hi guys, and @IfAndOr specifically. I noticed u seem to be on xbox. I'm curious, does Xbox get mods for ASSETTO CORSA? Because on ps4 it doesnt seem u can at all even now.
Hi Mr Ripper ;).
I'm actually a PS4 user but as RaceFuchs says, unfortunately neither console has mods available for Assetto Corsa. Probably due to being unable to distribute them via their stores.

Hi Mr Ripper ;).
I'm actually a PS4 user but as RaceFuchs says, unfortunately neither console has mods available for Assetto Corsa. Probably due to being unable to distribute them via their stores.

...it is not distribution problem, problem is optimization of mods and Sony policy of checking every little thing that is sent to consumers. Donno if you guys remember when SLS was release without LODs, it was a FPS mess on PC with more then 10 cars on track (in some cases even worse). Current "stable" FPS on consoles would be tanked with some of the unoptimized mods, and well creators of Shaders and SOL also say that their mods need a bit more power (which is normal)

Ah
Hi Mr Ripper ;).

Oh well.too bad still. Thanks hehe mr. Logics coding ifandor

Back