The Distracting Background Cars in Media Thread

This is a longshot, I know, but I was wondering if a reverse "lookup" might work here, particularly among those familiar with British television. There's an ad that I see for a streaming platform ("Acorn," I believe) featuring British comedies and dramas, and in one snippet there's a woman seated in what appears to be a bluish or greenish silver Austin-Healey (it's a tight headshot on the driver's seat but the chrome windshield pillar and door top trim are in view). Any idea what the show might be?
Found it!

Saw the ad again, fortunately on the DVR so that I could get a better look, and decided it was probably an Austin-Healey 3000. I pored over IMCDB for the car without any luck (it was actually in there and I missed it because of the shot it actually appeared in in the search results), so then I did some Googling and found an alternate ad that had the titles shown on the screen during the various show clips.

Turns out it's an Australian series rather than a British one; Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries.

There wasn't much to go by:

msfishersmodernmurdermysteriess01e01mkv_snapshot_001909234.jpg

Speaking of RX-7s, noticed an FD in Blitz (2011) while watching it on YT's free movie section.
i421008.jpg

Also been watching some foreign films through YT's free movies with ads. The Stool Pigeon (2010) involved a street race with some mostly Nissans, an EK Civic Type R, but one that stood out was an S2000 that turned into some sort of 4-door sedan after it was crashed.
i418385.jpg

Into this, but not sure exactly what it is.
vlcsnap2011072102h09m10.1377.jpg

Hoping these images work as it didn't seem to in the past for IMCDB's website when embedding photos.

Last edited:
Yet another one from The Bill. This show in the early 90s seems to have had a remarkable habit for random American imports. What appears to be a C4 Chevrolet Corvette is parked on the curb behind Sgt Cryer. There also appears to be a Ford Capri across the road but that isn't unusual for the time period. The camera never gets another angle of the Corvette so there isn't any way to see the licence plate.

S09E79 (1993) - Swaps

bill-corvette.png

Last edited:
The Bill
S09E131 (1993) - You Don't Always Get What You Want

Another plot-irrelevant car as street dressing, this time a Ford Mustang.
the bill mustang.png

Last edited:
Back