The Distracting Background Cars in Media Thread

The beautiful Rolls Royces at the import dealership in "The Love Bug"
i012953.jpg
i009375.jpg

That looks like it has the big/long glass hatch of the regular coupes. Probably a regular C5 with Z06 wheels.

All the cars in the Irishman. Just watched it with my wife. The one that I loved the most is the Duece and a quarter(Buick Electra 225). Classic sea green 4-door. My dad had a '69 Skylark with the same color scheme. I wished it was the 225 back then. Car of the movie for me.

there are plenty others we were drooling over, but very cool to see some different cars used throughout the movie. Such as, a Mark IV, Mercury Marquis, plenty Oldmobiles and a couple nice Chryslers. Jimmy Hoffa's(Al Pacino's) Pontiac Parisienne( or Catalina, I think it was about a 1971) was sweet too.

Worth the 3 hours just to see the cars.

The Inbetweeners - Toyota Supra A80 passes by.
Also one of the main characters owns a Fiat Cinquecento which ends up with a red door despite the rest of the car being yellow.
04b5950992386193b63b9f8864ac8037.png

That one's less distracting because it's the main "character"'s car, so it's the focus of the scene already. The Alfa's just there.

More or less, yeah. Can't really be considered distracting if it's literally centered in the middle of the shot and is followed by thr camera.

The Inbetweeners - Toyota Supra A80 passes by.
Also one of the main characters owns a Fiat Cinquecento which ends up with a red door despite the rest of the car being yellow.
04b5950992386193b63b9f8864ac8037.png

That particular episode may be my favorite in the whole series. "My eyes are burning". :lol:

VSe45xP.png

Another IASIP special, this time of a bike! I guess if you're going for 'douche bike rider' then nothing fits the mold more then a Hayabusa.

"Ridin' with the dawn
With a ghost in my head
Racin' down the highway
Just feeling dead
So what do I do
With this death wish I have
When the cliff's edge is near?"

"Ridin' with the dawn
With a ghost in my head
Racin' down the highway
Just feeling dead
So what do I do
With this death wish I have
When the cliff's edge is near?"

Offtopic but I'll completely honest while we're on the subject. I had never seen Road House, until last night.

Fantastic film.

Offtopic but I'll completely honest while we're on the subject. I had never seen Road House, until last night.

Fantastic film.
I may seek it out again. I rented it when it was released to home video, watched it probably a couple times, and haven't seen it since. I just know Swayze sang a song for it.

Haven't watched The Simpsons in a long time. But someone in the Sportcross owners group mentioned that an IS300 Sportcross showed up in Season 23 episode 20.
104055934_3192166494173015_8666982298305443685_n.jpg

I might have to watch it just for that.

Haven't watched The Simpsons in a long time. But someone in the Sportcross owners group mentioned that an IS300 Sportcross showed up in Season 23 episode 20.
104055934_3192166494173015_8666982298305443685_n.jpg

I might have to watch it just for that.
Bit of a foreground car, though, no?

:dopey:

Just because I was listening to all the samples from LL Cool J's "Jingling Baby". Wait for it at the very end. ;)

Back