The Distracting Background Cars in Media Thread

war_worlds_spielberg_6_x.jpg

I remember sitting in the theater and having my sense of disbelief shattered as Tom Cruise and other bystanders walked up to the pod surrounded completely by mid-90's to 00's Mazdas. In the action sequence that follows, it's mixed up again... but that gaffe ruined the suspenseful build-up to the first tripod attack for me.

May be a bit biased...but I'm VERY distracted by that Glacier Silver Mazda6 wagon in the background. Looks just like mine. :sly:

Last edited:
Also in Pacific Rim's Tokyoronto: Nissan Figaro (and two Cressidas doing a credible job of acting as Mark II taxicabs in the background :D)

A9_C2yICAAAtJPu.jpg:large

And of course the ill fated Volkswagens of Junko Miyaji

Although I don't watch GTO, that just reminded me of vice-principal Uchiyamada's prized Toyota Cresta, which always gets totaled one way or another :lol:

From the intro on Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heavens Door

Left: Ford Ka
Behind Left: LandRover?
Right: Smart ForTwo
smartka.png

I saw it long time ago and the cars were the first thing i noticed.
My friend who loves anime called me a freak for being able to know what car it is with in 3seconds

I saw it long time ago and the cars were the first thing i noticed.
My friend who loves anime called me a freak for being able to know what car it is with in 3seconds

I know the feeling, my friends call me the car encyclopedia for when I always tell them about a car they don't know. :lol: (my car friends that is, my previous high school friends would just consider me a car nerd)

Feels like forever since I last saw Robocop, so I decided to watch it again. And noticed this Celica.
i030808.jpg

Last of the RWD gen.

And a Merkur
i006772.jpg

Edit...I remember watching Office Space and seeing this RX-7.
i025742.jpg

Last edited:
I remember watching that movie. It was somehow left there on the memory card by the previous owner of my PSP when I got it. :lol:

Dexter, E36 E46 inconsistency. I knew deb had bought an E46 in that show, and then when I saw "her" car wrecked, I paused for a moment wondering if the show was really honestly going to try to pass off that wrecked E36 as her car... yup.

DexterS7E11CarSwap.jpg

She had a green E36 convertible before stepping up to the E46.

Back