The Doc's Classic Car Tunes Emporium.

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 200 comments
I took out the Ferrari 250 last night and “something “ has happened to the tune,it’s now undriveable along with the Mangusta.Please bear with me and I will try and fix them. I have no clue why this happened, but I haven’t driven both in a longtime so the tunes may have been effected by one of the updates.Both cars are exhibiting the same problems,so I am confident that this can be resolved.

I took out the Ferrari 250 last night and “something “ has happened to the tune,it’s now undriveable along with the Mangusta.Please bear with me and I will try and fix them. I have no clue why this happened, but I haven’t driven both in a longtime so the tunes may have been effected by one of the updates.Both cars are exhibiting the same problems,so I am confident that this can be resolved.
1. Do you have a list of cars you configured?

2. Who on the site can set up a car for dirt roads - does anyone know ??

Last edited:
SEF
1. Do you have a list of cars you configured?

2. Who on the site can set up a car for dirt roads - does anyone know ??
I have a cut off date of 1971,so any cars up to that date I have tuned,there is the odd post ‘71 car that I have tuned,I can have a go at tuning a dirt road car,just let me know which car and any restrictions you have.

I just had to tune the Maserati Merak despite it being out of my usual date range as I love Maseratis.This car will easily hit the high 180s down Mulsanne,you can get the whole race on a set of RH tyres and just over 3 laps of fuel. I did try the medium turbo but that reduced the range too much so I stuck with the high one. It also sounds bloody awesome.
IMG_0916.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

I should have a tune for the Dodge Charger Hemi later. I am having an issue with the tyre wear on the front which is kind of unusual in a rear wheel drive car. I am wondering if it is the LSD settings that are causing it.As it stands you should get at least 3 laps before it starts to get unmanageable.It doesn’t handle well on wet circuits unless you have RI or full wets where other cars could continue on RH/RM.Fuel is another issue,but it will do 3+ laps,I think I can improve on it.So stay tuned for the Tune.
IMG_0920.jpeg

I should have a tune for the Dodge Charger Hemi later. I am having an issue with the tyre wear on the front which is kind of unusual in a rear wheel drive car. I am wondering if it is the LSD settings that are causing it.As it stands you should get at least 3 laps before it starts to get unmanageable.It doesn’t handle well on wet circuits unless you have RI or full wets where other cars could continue on RH/RM.Fuel is another issue,but it will do 3+ laps,I think I can improve on it.So stay tuned for the Tune.
View attachment 1300708
Can you set it up for a rally?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Final '15
Subaru WRX STI S '14

no SWAP

Last edited:
I give you the Dodge charger Hemi.This was a bit of a challenge to do,the front tyres were wearing out at an alarming rate,2 laps max on RH! I have been able to find a fix without any negative effects arising.A set of RH will last the whole race. I think I can get more life out of the fronts,so watch this space.You will get just short of 4 laps on a tank. I was really surprised at how well this big car handles especially in the corners,it’s a predictable car in the wet unless you push it too far as this car has 700+ BHP!
IMG_0921.jpeg

IMG_0922.jpeg

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

I give you the Dodge charger Hemi.This was a bit of a challenge to do,the front tyres were wearing out at an alarming rate,2 laps max on RH! I have been able to find a fix without any negative effects arising.A set of RH will last the whole race. I think I can get more life out of the fronts,so watch this space.You will get just short of 4 laps on a tank. I was really surprised at how well this big car handles especially in the corners,it’s a predictable car in the wet unless you push it too far as this car has 700+ BHP!
View attachment 1300873
View attachment 1300874
View attachment 1300875
View attachment 1300876
A great tune, even on a maxed out car. This is the sweet spot with upgrades. This tune can get 3 laps on fuel and tires. The max tune has a bit more wheelspin and gets 2.5 laps on fuel.

It works great on a N/A version with bolt-on upgrades only. Narrow bodies, too.

Thanks.

Last edited:
A great tune, even on a maxed out car. This is the sweet spot with upgrades. This tune can get 3 laps on fuel and tires. The max tune has a bit more wheelspin and gets 2.5 laps on fuel.

It works great on a N/A version with bolt-on upgrades only. Narrow bodies, too.

Thanks.
I did try the NA version but it lacked something.I have managed to get a whole race on RH with plenty to spare while hitting 180+ down Mulsanne,it still needs a wee bit of tweaking before i am satisfied though.

SEF
Can you set it up for a rally?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Final '15
Subaru WRX STI S '14

no SWAP
I forgot to ask, do you want an auto gearbox or manual?I only use the autobox as my arthritic hands cant cope with manual.

I forgot to ask, do you want an auto gearbox or manual?I only use the autobox as my arthritic hands cant cope with manual.
Good afternoon. I wanted you to completely set up these cars (suspension and so on) - for tracks in the snow and dirt. You can?

Gearbox - manual (you can also auto)

SEF
Good afternoon. I wanted you to completely set up these cars (suspension and so on) - for tracks in the snow and dirt. You can?

Gearbox - manual (you can also auto)
Give me a few days and we’ll see what I can do for you.

I revisited the Porsch Carrera GTS 904.It now is faster with the addition of the midrange turbo,you still get over 10 laps of fuel and a set of tyres will last the whole race. It also now corners better and is still stable under heavy braking.It’s still a bit sluggish until you get into 3rd gear, but now hits 170+ down Mulsanne.A perfect car to grind the 700pp Le Mans race.
IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0932.jpeg
IMG_0933.jpeg
IMG_0934.jpeg

The Nissan Skyline Hardtop 2000 GT-R was crying out for a retune. I did the Engine swap and got the carbon prop shaft. I may have made it too fast but I can live with that.It will do the whole 30 min Le Mans race without stopping on RH tyres.It will hit 180 mph down Mulsanne on lean fuel mix.
IMG_0935.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0938.jpeg

Last edited:
After a lot of trial and error I have managed to sort the “catching “ issue on certain corners. I had to increase the ride height quite considerably,luckily it hasn’t affected the handling or fuel consumption. I also tweaked the suspension a little bit to reduce tyre wear.
IMG_0941.jpeg

Last edited:
I took the Carrera GTS 904 for a spin and noticed that it’s handling had got worse,after a quick check I noticed that the aero it originally had was not there,that’s when I realised that I had changed the Livery,I went back to my original Livery and sure enough,no aero. I did a race “sans aero “ which was interesting.Tyre wear was almost nonexistent and it gave just under 13 laps of Le Mans of fuel.It was quite fun but you could get caught out very easily.Have a go,it was really fun in a masochistic way!

I never cease to be surprised by some cars,this is one. Porsche Carerra 365 A/1500.On the surface it doesn’t look much at all,a typical 1950”s sports car,but don’t be deceived.This car with the engine swap is MENTAL!!!
It will hit over 200 mph down Mulsanne,a set of RH tyres will last 4 to 5 laps and just over 4 laps of fuel. I had to make a few compromises but I think the handling was the main issue,running on skinny tyres and no aero was a challenge.It can be a bit squirlly under hard braking from speeds over 170 but a bit of cadence braking will sort it out. I can’t get better tyre wear on the rear as there is so much power and the weight of the motor that you can’t overcome.This is a beast of a car!!
IMG_0945.jpeg

IMG_0946.jpeg

IMG_0947.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0948.jpeg
    IMG_0948.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I never cease to be surprised by some cars,this is one. Porsche Carerra 365 A/1500.On the surface it doesn’t look much at all,a typical 1950”s sports car,but don’t be deceived.This car with the engine swap is MENTAL!!!
It will hit over 200 mph down Mulsanne,a set of RH tyres will last 4 to 5 laps and just over 4 laps of fuel. I had to make a few compromises but I think the handling was the main issue,running on skinny tyres and no aero was a challenge.It can be a bit squirlly under hard braking from speeds over 170 but a bit of cadence braking will sort it out. I can’t get better tyre wear on the rear as there is so much power and the weight of the motor that you can’t overcome.This is a beast of a car!!
View attachment 1310061
View attachment 1310062
View attachment 1310063
View attachment 1310064
First page of the tuning set is from the skyline 😉

I was fiddling to see if I could get better fuel efficiency and swapped the Turbo that came with the swapped engine to the mid range turbo. I was surprised to see the difference,with the latter it now will do 211+mph down Mulsanne. I did add the racing exhaust so it sounds even better. I adjusted the gears as well (not the individual gear ratios) to get better speed and fuel efficiency,you will get just over 3 laps of fuel,tyres will last possibly 4laps,due to the extra power.If you go back to the normal turbo you will get 3.6+ laps of fuel and tyres will last 4 or 5 laps depending on how you drive.For the first lap don’t push it too hard you need to get some heat into the tyres.
IMG_0949.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

Last edited:
I updated the Dodge Charger Hemi, it now has a lot less tyre wear on the front and improved the fuel efficiency a bit so you get just short of 4 laps. It now handles better and is solid under hard braking. I switched the Supercharger and I think it is better,it only loses 4 bhp which makes no real difference.For such a big,heavy car it drives really well.
IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

Hello Bigmull,

As I use most of your settings on my car collection,
do you already have a setup for the ‘73 Skyline (KPGC110) with the swapped engine?

Best regards, David.

The Ferrari 250 Berlinetta Passo Corto is one of the best cars in the game. The tune that I did had a few problems so I sorted it out.It now is faster and handles much better while still giving you just over 4 laps of fuel,a set of RH will last the whole race if not too wet. I fiddled with the gears and shortened 4 th somewhat so that 5th engages a bit earlier.
IMG_0868.jpeg
A challenging drive (in a very good way) with no assists , only ABS...
You have to think and drive it like a pilot, respect the slow in, fast out and imo you'll get the best of GT7 physics experience!

TY! 👍
The Nissan Skyline Hardtop 2000 GT-R was crying out for a retune. I did the Engine swap and got the carbon prop shaft. I may have made it too fast but I can live with that.It will do the whole 30 min Le Mans race without stopping on RH tyres.It will hit 180 mph down Mulsanne on lean fuel mix.
IMG_0935.jpeg
@bigmull

Could you please kindly share the link/builder's name of the livery? Building the car now to try it. TY!

Latest Posts

Back