• 90 comments

PTK

Try ptk14's balls! Legion
Premium
United States
California
ptk14
Mods, thanks for the sticky!
This is the drag racers dictionary VER. 4. It will contain the most used terms in GT5 drag racing. I have started with a few terms but I know that I am missing some terms, but this will only be beneficial if you suggest terms to be added to the dictionary. Thank-you.

VER. 1 - Beginning terms added
VER. 2 - new terms added, thank-you to eightlives, and tazarii
VER. 3 - new terms added, thanks to DLR and Mikeybc
VER. 4 - new terms added, thanks to slashfan

Auto Tune: A tune that uses automatic transmission.
E.G. My Enzo has an auto tune.
Bog: Car attempted to launch but immediately lost power
E.G. Restart the race, my car just bogged.
Emergency Lane - The shoulder lane of the tunnel in SSR7
E.G. The returning racers use the breakdown lane, so as not to interfere with another race.
Ghost: The car which signals the start of the race. Usually positioned in front of the two racers. Also known as tree, signal, Casper
E.G. Can you please ghost us?
Ghost Lag: A delay in the communication between your connection and the connection of the ghost or other racer.
E.G. I had some ghost lag on that last race.
GR: Usually refers to "good" or "great" race or run.
E.G. That was a gr.
Idiot: the guy driving around in X1 (or any car) hitting everything in sight! Usually kicked from a room immediately
E.G. Hey you idiot, get a life [kicked].
Indy Road Course: A track on GT5 which contains a 1/4 drag strip. Also known as the quarter, quarter mile, 1/4, Indy
E.G. This tune is for the quarter mile.
Insta-kick: The act of being kicked when you 🤬 the host of the room
E.G. SCCREEEEM gets insta-kicked a lot.
Jump: Racer leaves the starting point before the ghost.
E.G. Hey eightlives, you nervous bro? Stop jumping!
Kick: The act of the host of the room disconnecting a person from the room permanently. Also known as boot, one way ticket to the moon
E.G. I'm going to kick you if you don't put that GT-R away A.S.A.P!
Lag Bump: A loss of connection between your or the other racers car to cause a noticeable leap forward or back during the race.
E.G. I just got I lag bump there lol!
Pinks: A high stakes race in which two racers agree to a verbal contract to send ones own car if they lose the race, usually pinks races are heald in the best of three. (See Scammer)
E.G. Do you want to race for pinks with ACR's?
Power band: A graph that shows what power an engine produces at various RPMs.
E.G. All of my cars shift in the power band.
Sandbag: The act of deliberately racing slower to make the person you are racing think that they are faster.
E.G. Are you sandbagging me or is that really how slow you are?
Scammer: A person who, after loosing a pinks race does not send their car to the winner of the race. Also known as a 🤬
E.G. That person is a scammer, kick him.
Short Shift: The act of launching in a short gear and almost immediately shifting into the next gear to avoid bog.
E.G. I short shift my supra from first to second.
Sleeping: The act of not paying attention while one ghosts, causing you to get a bad start.
E.G. I caught you sleeping.
Spectator: A person who clicks "watch race" in a drag racing lobby. This can be used to "view" a persons hard work in a tune. Usually made fun of then kicked within 30 seconds of spectating.
E.G. Host, kick that spectating n00b.
Trap Speed: The speed a racer hits at a the end marker of the race.
E.G. What's the trap speed on an Enzo?
Tree'd: one racer views the ghost car later than the other racer due to ghost lag.
E.G. "I just tree'd you so hard"
Time: A way of initiating a race by using the second counter at the top right side of the HUD. Common practice to go at .7 before the time which is called. Much easier to do if both racers have mics.
E.G. Lets go at 30.
The Tunnel: A track on GT5 which contains a very long straight, in a tunnel. Also known as SSR7
E.G. I have a very fast FGT for tunnel.
Vote: when players go into the player list and choose to vote them out of the room, you must vote while in the pits though.
E.G. Im going to vote you out of the room.

Last edited:
Jump - Racer leaves the starting point before the ghost

Bog - Car attempted to launch but immediately lost power

Jump - Racer leaves the starting point before the ghost

Bog - Car attempted to launch but immediately lost power

how about IDIOT, the guy driving around in X1 hitting everything in sight!

New terms added, Changed to VER. 2. Thank-you for your help eightlives and tazarii. :)

Short Shift- The act of launching in a short gear and almost immediately shifting into the next gear to avoid bog.

Auto Tune- A tune that uses automatic transmission.

Powerband- A graph that shows what power an engine produces at various RPMs.

Good thread, sticky +1

How about "Vote" - when players go into the player list and choose to vote them out of the room, you must vote while in the pits though.

+2 on the sticky

Short Shift- The act of launching in a short gear and almost immediately shifting into the next gear to avoid bog.

Auto Tune- A tune that uses automatic transmission.

Powerband- A graph that shows what power an engine produces at various RPMs.

Good thread, sticky +1

Thanks, will add these to VER. 3 when I get home!

How about Vote - when players go into the player list and choose to vote them out of the room, you must vote while in the pits though.

Has this happened to you? Lol

Excuse, the guy that has every excuse for losing including, I was on the yellow,OH this is my base tune,Oh i missed a shift ,my car weighs to much due to not taking baby seat out , Really cant stand these people.

Excuse, the guy that has every excuse for losing including, I was on the yellow,OH this is my base tune,Oh i missed a shift ,my car weighs to much due to not taking baby seat out , Really cant stand these people.

You are hilarious

well ya know these people really piss me off ,I don't claim to be fast or the greatest tuner to walk the earth ,truth is i get my rear end handed to me alot but i will not make excuses for losing ,if i lose <--------- more likely when i lose i always say good race and just try to have fun is that not the point .

RM/TC cars- A small exclusive list of cars that are race modified for maxium performance. EX: ZR1 RM/ GTR R35 TC complete monsters at the strip

Just Tree'd the <insert creative adjective here> out of you - the act of your opponent beating you off the line because of better reaction time.

Really this gets a sticky, but not my drag track request thread... :grumpy:

and PTK, Insta-kick was my suggestion, so it should be in blue, not green.

They would never make a request thread a sticky. Forget it! :)
The dictionary helps people, the request thread is nothing elementary you have to know about.

and PTK, Insta-kick was my suggestion, so it should be in blue, not green.

Fixed! Thanks for all of your continued support! New terms are always appreciated to keep this thread current!
Thanks GTP for the sticky! :gtpflag:

Gayron - Also known as Veyron. Other name for endlessly winning Veyron.

EG: Kick that Gayron! He wins unfair!

Chue- Someone who gets tree'd and doesn't continue the race.
E.G. You pulled a chue!

Chue49ers does to continue the race YELL, its just he catches a " jump " he'll stop, he's fast, so i wouldn't say anything to a person that doesn't play gt5 anymore, get off him " YELL "

Chue49ers does to continue the race YELL, its just he catches a " jump " he'll stop, he's fast, so i wouldn't say anything to a person that doesn't play gt5 anymore, get off him " YELL "
Not when I have seen him race. So get off me " Shouts ".

Sleeping - The act of not paying attention while one ghosts, causing you to get a bad start.
Run - Usually refers to racing a few times.
E.G. I'd love to run a few with you.
GR - Usually refers to "good" or "great" race.
E.G. That was a gr.
Jumped - The act of going before a ghost or set time.
E.G. You jumped. Start over.

Sleeping - The act of not paying attention while one ghosts, causing you to get a bad start.
Run - Usually refers to racing a few times.
E.G. I'd love to run a few with you.
GR - Usually refers to "good" or "great" race.
E.G. That was a gr.
Jumped - The act of going before a ghost or set time.
E.G. You jumped. Start over.

Thanks to slashfan. New terms added, jump was already present... 👍

Latest Posts

Back