The Drag Racers Dictionary VER. 4

• Thread starter PTK
  • 90 comments
We need to add breakdown lane to that list, too many people don't understand what it is on SSR7.

I.E.

Breakdown Lane - The shoulder of the tunnel in SSR7
E.G. The returning racers use the breakdown lane, so as not to interfere with another race.

We need to add breakdown lane to that list, too many people don't understand what it is on SSR7.

I.E.

E.G. The returning racers use the breakdown lane, so as not to interfere with another race.
We usually call it emergency lane.

I.E.

We usually call it emergency lane.

I always heard it called the return lane, and everyone always being told to stay to the left.

Run that back - referring to someone wanting a rematch.
After he was tree'd gvrules said "Hey eightlives run that back."

Mods please sticky for all new drag racers to see.

This is the drag racers dictionary VER. 3. It will contain the most used terms in GT5 drag racing. I have started with a few terms but I know that I am missing some terms, but this will only be beneficial if you suggest terms to be added to the dictionary. Thank-you.

VER. 1 - Beginning terms added
VER. 2 - new terms added, thank-you to eightlives, and tazarii
VER. 3 - new terms added, thanks to DLR and Mikeybc
VER. 4 - new terms added, thanks to slashfan

Auto Tune: A tune that uses automatic transmission.
E.G. My Enzo has an auto tune.
Bog: Car attempted to launch but immediately lost power
E.G. Restart the race, my car just bogged.
Emergency Lane - The shoulder lane of the tunnel in SSR7
Ghost: The car which signals the start of the race. Usually positioned in front of the two racers. Also known as tree, signal, Casper
E.G. Can you please ghost us?
Ghost Lag: A delay in the communication between your connection and the connection of the ghost or other racer.
E.G. I had some ghost lag on that last race.
GR: Usually refers to "good" or "great" race or run.
E.G. That was a gr.
Idiot: the guy driving around in X1 (or any car) hitting everything in sight! Usually kicked from a room immediately
E.G. Hey you idiot, get a life [kicked].
Indy Road Course: A track on GT5 which contains a 1/4 drag strip. Also known as the quarter, quarter mile, 1/4, Indy
E.G. This tune is for the quarter mile.
Insta-kick: The act of being kicked when you 🤬 the host of the room
E.G. SCCREEEEM gets insta-kicked a lot.
Jump: Racer leaves the starting point before the ghost.
E.G. Hey eightlives, you nervous bro? Stop jumping!
Kick: The act of the host of the room disconnecting a person from the room permanently. Also known as boot, one way ticket to the moon
E.G. I'm going to kick you if you don't put that GT-R away A.S.A.P!
Lag Bump: A loss of connection between your or the other racers car to cause a noticeable leap forward or back during the race.
E.G. I just got I lag bump there lol!
Pinks: A high stakes race in which two racers agree to a verbal contract to send ones own car if they lose the race, usually pinks races are heald in the best of three. (See Scammer)
E.G. Do you want to race for pinks with ACR's?
Power band: A graph that shows what power an engine produces at various RPMs.
E.G. All of my cars shift in the power band.
Sandbag: The act of deliberately racing slower to make the person you are racing think that they are faster.
E.G. Are you sandbagging me or is that really how slow you are?
Scammer: A person who, after loosing a pinks race does not send their car to the winner of the race. Also known as a 🤬
E.G. That person is a scammer, kick him.
Short Shift: The act of launching in a short gear and almost immediately shifting into the next gear to avoid bog.
E.G. I short shift my supra from first to second.
Sleeping: The act of not paying attention while one ghosts, causing you to get a bad start.
E.G. I caught you sleeping.
Spectator: A person who clicks "watch race" in a drag racing lobby. This can be used to "view" a persons hard work in a tune. Usually made fun of then kicked within 30 seconds of spectating.
E.G. Host, kick that spectating n00b.
Trap Speed: The speed a racer hits at a the end marker of the race.
E.G. What's the trap speed on an Enzo?
Tree'd: one racer views the ghost car later than the other racer due to ghost lag.
E.G. "I just tree'd you so hard"
Time: A way of initiating a race by using the second counter at the top right side of the HUD. Common practice to go at .7 before the time which is called. Much easier to do if both racers have mics.
E.G. Lets go at 30.
The Tunnel: A track on GT5 which contains a very long straight, in a tunnel. Also known as SSR7
E.G. I have a very fast FGT for tunnel.
Vote: when players go into the player list and choose to vote them out of the room, you must vote while in the pits though.
E.G. Im going to vote you out of the room.

You should add "Report" lol

You put "Jump" but not "Guess Launch".... It's not the same thing... Guess Launch - To launch purposely before the ghost goes ghost to get an avantage. ex. cheating

RESET ROOM- Host resets room to rid as much lag as possible. Host goes to pit turns on damage or other and resets room. Host... hopefully doesnt forget to turn damage back off.

SSRX - Special Stage Route X, a new DLC track used to 1/4, and 3k drag racing as well as tuning for those and top speed offline.

E-CHEAT or E-CHEATER = It refers to a gamer cheating its launch by slightly pressing a specific button on the controller making the car get an incredible launch grip. This E-CHEAT can be use on almost any car in the game with any drivetrain. This E-CHEAT was discovered by most pro tuners when the speed test was introduced to GT5. It was banned by and kept secret due to it considered a cheat and not a real performance tune. E-CHEATERS started to use this cheat more often due to their lack of tuning ability and therefor I have decide to give you guys the proper term to use once you spot one. A good real example is; Mr. Gurdnac and Mr. Weedfarmer are using the E-CHEAT and therefor are considered E-CHEATERS.

Until this issue its resolve I quit Drag racing online and only drag on my launge with my real pro NON-E-CHEATERS tuner friends.

Thanks for reading.

A button other than throttle/brake/hand brake :confused: Do you mean retro's method or something that can be used online?

Maybe if everybody knew what it was then it becomes a level playing field?

A button other than throttle/brake/hand brake :confused: Do you mean retro's method or something that can be used online?

I'm also confused as to what this E-Cheat is :confused: if it is retro's quick shift launch trick then I guess i'm an E-cheater too haha. but I dont recongnize the names he posted as being people who post drag times reguarly so I guess it must be something that works online??

Last edited:
Is not retro's method and yes you can use it online, it's not a tune either and therefor is a cheat

Is not retro's method and yes you can use it online, it's not a tune either and therefor is a cheat

Like a hair trigger? I my E-brake is left analog stick to the right, so I have to barely press it; never considered it as a cheat though...

RLD
Like a hair trigger? I my E-brake is left analog stick to the right, so I have to barely press it; never considered it as a cheat though...

is not that either

when the E-CHEAT is perform iincreases the g's, almost like srf but without srf, even if the room has srf disable your car will run like if it was on.

In my opinion, i don't think it will get fix, it's a glitch but i don't think it will get fix, not untill gt6, i hope it will get fix then

Last edited:
I know what he's talking about. It's mega BS and another reason why I quit tuning and running all the time. I really hate when people do it.

Well what ever this E-cheat is it's a shame that it's driving people to quit, but I don't understand why it makes you want to quit though as im guessing you consider it unrealistic and there for to be cheating.

Correct me if im wrong here, but drag tuning for GT5 as a whole is full of cheats and tricks, essentially without tricks and cheats drag racing in GT5 would straight up not work the way it does now. Full +1.0 toe at the rear -1.0 at the front is a trick from my understanding as in the real world this would plain and simply not work. The tranny flip is a trick to compensate for the lack of truely fully customisable gears and is nothing more than a glitch. Wings giving downforce from 0mph is a trick. These methods arn't suposed to make you faster in the game either they are just exploits in the physics engine.

If cheats and tricks are driving people to quit why didn't you quit when you figured out just how unrealistic GT5 is?

What ever this method is it must be becoming more popular otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it at all. I wouldn't hold your breath if you plan on waiting for it to be patched or fixed in GT6 before you make a return as it will most likely still be there. Especially considering the fact that GT games have never offically suported drag racing at all.

Why not do as fest0r said?

Or infact keep it to your selfs but use it and adapt as the way drag racing works and continues to evolve.

Last edited:
Sadly that is the only option that makes sense right now, do whatever you want, all glitches & SRF. Tuning for drag racing in GT5 is nowhere near realistic so we should stop trying to make it real and just have fun...

I don't want more people using it than others who already do.

But why don't you want more people to use it? You can't control how others play a game, and it's very selfish and narrow minded if you think you can. I could understand your frustration if GT5 officially suported drag racing, or if this was a private competition of yours. But it doesn't, and this isn't.

If you don't want people to use it as you consider it unrealistic why arn't you trying to stop people from using crazy toe angle's or magical downforce wings?

If you think the way drag racing and drag tuning works now without this E-Cheat is the "legit" way then you're delusional, there is no legit way to drag race in GT5. Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the time and effort all the orginal players have put into this game to discover whats possible. But the way drag tuning works is built upon glitch's, tricks and physics exploits, it's just that most of them became accepted as the norm and now anything more is a "cheat"?

The only way this E-Cheat can truely be considered a cheat was if it was a 3rd party device that affected the game like a gameshark or other similar device, but it doesn't sound like that is what it is from AKA said as it's just a button you press on the controller to make you faster somehow.

I consider it a cheat cause is NOT A TUNE AT ALL, IS NOT SOME VALUE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE ON YOU CAR SETTING, IS NOT A TUNE!!!!!! TUNING TRICKS IS JUST TUNING AND THE E-CHEAT IS A CHEAT PERIOD

I tried to launch with e-brake on and I got worse 104 (DC2'98 - 12.251) :lol:

Like I wasn't expecting that :P

E-Brake cheat . Your doing it wrong !

RLD
Sadly that is the only option that makes sense right now, do whatever you want, all glitches & SRF. Tuning for drag racing in GT5 is nowhere near realistic so we should stop trying to make it real and just have fun...

Because then I have to retune for SRF and it's not worth it in my opinion.

I still don't get any of the E-brake or 2nd gear cheats, I guess that's a good thing, because all of my times don't use any launch tricks.

Latest Posts

Back