The Drag Racers Dictionary VER. 4

• Thread starter PTK
  • 90 comments
I still don't get any of the E-brake or 2nd gear cheats, I guess that's a good thing, because all of my times don't use any launch tricks.

Im with ya swara. I dont get it either. Who really has that much time in a day to figure these "cheats" out. maybe if they had a woman or a job or heck even a hobby they would spend more time with that then trying to cheat their way to top their internet rivals.

Any time I have ever posted is from the tune and never from any tricks. Never will be either but you won't be getting any new times from me any time soon.

Reading this sheds a lot of light into a common issue, it's insane to see how theese Hondas launch online at Indy. Thas why I stopped racing Hondas online unless I knew the person hosting the room.

c-losk
Reading this sheds a lot of light into a common issue, it's insane to see how theese Hondas launch online at Indy. Thas why I stopped racing Hondas online unless I knew the person hosting the room.

I remember racing you, you had faster times but I still tree'd you. I may open a Honda room. Keep posted 👍

I remember racing you, you had faster times but I still tree'd you. I may open a Honda room. Keep posted 👍

yup, story of my life online when I'm using MT, that will be until I remember to switch my e-brake button to a more conveniant location. I keep forgetting. LOL. Yeah man I'll get in whenever.

yup, story of my life online when I'm using MT, that will be until I remember to switch my e-brake button to a more conveniant location. I keep forgetting. LOL. Yeah man I'll get in whenever.

dont use the E brake to launch. i use my normal brakes. Its set for L2 and i only press the button down so that 1/4 of the red bar is filled. I seem to launch better that way.

Cool, I've been trying to perfect it but with no results, but I'll try switching it over to the L2 or the L1 cause I use the 2 for the shifting.

I always use the stock setup. Been that way since I played GT4.

So do I, always since the very first game but I hear a lot of different control setups that makes me wonder, but I'll practice your method and see if I can master it before I go crazy changing everything.

anticipation/gamble should be added. anticipation- a racer trys to launch right as the tree goes ghost, normally ends in a jump or a crazy launch, but is frowned upon.

shall we add ghost launch in also?

ghost launch- a launching style, also normally frowned upon but some don't mind.

Can someone tell me what redline and blackscreen launches are, and are they considered as a "cheat" like the E-cheat and the ghost launch?

QuarterRutger
Can someone tell me what redline and blackscreen launches are, and are they considered as a "cheat" like the E-cheat and the ghost launch?

On the speed test mode (acceleration) holding the throttle while the track is loading and don't let go until the end of the run..

anticipation/gamble should be added. anticipation- a racer trys to launch right as the tree goes ghost, normally ends in a jump or a crazy launch, but is frowned upon.

shall we add ghost launch in also?

ghost launch- a launching style, also normally frowned upon but some don't mind.

I see so many people trying to catch me when I ghost. i wont even have pressed start and the go. It makes them look like asses.

Here PTK, got a couple of new ones that have popped up recently.

BS Launch - Black screen launch, ie applying full throttle from when the screen goes black to load the track.
Retro Launch - A heavily frowned upon launch technique that causes severe bog therefore improving traction and making faster times. Does not work online.
3B Launch - Another heavily forwned upon launch technique that involves awkward shifting. Online is questionable.
Timed Launch - A method of launching with full throttle to improve times. Does not work online.
E-Cheating - A method of tapping the e-brake/brake to improve traction and gain better times. Against the rules. Period.
Tranny Flip/Trick - A method of tuning the transmission to improve acceleration massively.
Base Tune - Basic drag racing tunes that get you started and show you the absolute basics to tuning for acceleration only.
Noob Car - Cars that are considered to be very easy to tune and/or are really fast and pretty much have no competition except itself.
Ghost Launch - Online method of going into ghost mode by pressing pause, and revving the engine. You then hit start and your car goes. It provides an unfair advantage and is frowned upon. On some occasions it can create a more fair race if the 2 racers are from different countries due to lag.
Tie - When 2 racers finish the race at the same time.
GR - Good race, great race etc.

When I think of more I'll post them.

A Roll! When racing from a rolling start to avoid loss of traction a.k.a wheel spin
E.g lets run it off a roll!

From a Dig! When starting at dead stop
E.g. Lets do it from a dig

Oh and froggy is another good one for a jumper or playing frogger! Lol

PTK Can you update some of these? Including slashfans ones... also maybe things like "3 way" - eg. When three cars race side by side as opposed to two. (you can phrase it better than me haha).

Edit: OK so I went ahead and made a GT5 Drag Racers Dictionary as a video for youtube.

Last edited:
Cocky= someone who comes in the room put what there car time on chat, or someone who say they're the fastest

"brown slips" similar to a pink slip race but instead of someone losing their car the loser has to paint their car in the ugliest poo brown paint! Lol

Back