The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
Almost as much fun as those hollow earth theory followers. At least their theory is entertaining, flat earth is so passè. :D

I don't know what it is with some rappers and science. Perhaps it's a "too cool for school" thing.

18kz5u6so0wegjpg.jpg

I don't know what it is with some rappers and science. Perhaps it's a "too cool for school" thing.

18kz5u6so0wegjpg.jpg
It's probably just a failed attempt at staying relevant. There's no way anyone would be talking about B.o.B. otherwise

I heard one of these "flat earthers" on the radio the other week, they are good for a laugh but at the same time it's quite scary that they actual believe the things they say. Part of his claim was that NASA has agents patrolling the edge of the earth so that people don't fall off and discover the truth. :lol:

Akin to a certain Jim Carrey movie, perhaps?

the-truman-show.jpg

It's time to make a movie on this subject, I believe.

We've already had the Mayan Long Count calendar as a reference point for a film. Give it about 10 more years, and I think unfortunately the flat earth believers will get their turn.

18kz5u6so0wegjpg.jpg

ICP, making Detroiter's proud since 1989! At least they put Faygo on the map.

But I really don't understand why so many rappers think the Earth is flat. However, this also seems to be prevalent in the African American community and I really have no idea why. Several blogs about black culture often talk about the Earth being flat and I know there's been a handful of well known African American athletes (along with rappers) saying the Earth is indeed flat. The most well-known one I can think of is Kyrie Irving.

SI even wrote an article about it: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/04/04/flat-earth-theory

But I really don't understand why so many rappers think the Earth is flat. However, this also seems to be prevalent in the African American community and I really have no idea why. Several blogs about black culture often talk about the Earth being flat and I know there's been a handful of well known African American athletes (along with rappers) saying the Earth is indeed flat. The most well-known one I can think of is Kyrie Irving.

I'll kick in that open door and say that it's caused by a severe lack of education.

I'll kick in that open door and say that it's caused by a severe lack of education.

I mean maybe, but Kyrie Irving went to two different K-12 schools that are fair distinguished and attended Duke for college.

Not only are we entitled to our own opinion, we are apparently now entitled to our own facts.

How America Lost Its Mind
The nation’s current post-truth moment is the ultimate expression of mind-sets that have made America exceptional throughout its history.

lead_960.jpg

R. Kikuo Johnson

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/how-america-lost-its-mind/534231/

The nation’s current post-truth moment is the ultimate expression of mind-sets that have made America exceptional throughout its history.

The idea that progress has some kind of unstoppable momentum, as if powered by a Newtonian law, was always a very American belief. However, it’s really an article of faith, the Christian fantasy about history’s happy ending reconfigured during and after the Enlightenment as a set of modern secular fantasies. It reflects our blithe conviction that America’s visions of freedom and democracy and justice and prosperity must prevail in the end.

Why should modern civilization’s great principles—democracy, freedom, tolerance—guarantee great outcomes?

The American experiment has metastasized out of control. Being American now means we can believe anything we want.

Note: There are a lot of problems with this article. Feel free to criticize.

Last edited:
XXI
According to Mike Hughes, from California.
Who intends to launch himself 1800 feet into the air Saturday to capture a picture and prove modern science is incorrect.
This must be the most absurd story I've heard this year.
Why would you launch yourself 2,000 ft in the air on a homemade rocket, when you could buy a 30,000ft commercial airline ticket for the picture proving us all wrong?
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017...-prove-earth-is-flat-california-man-says.html

Obviously got confused and instead of testing "Flat Earth Theory" applied for "Face Flat On Earth Theory".

Those ice mountains at the rim may be impossible, I mean impassable but surely non Freemason pilots could fly near to the edge and take photos as proof.

I'm surprised the FES didn't situate the edge at what we round-earth theorists designate the "North Pole"; they could then have had Santa's army of elves turning back ships, aircraft and submarines on those 364 days of the year they're not coordinating a disc-wide gift-delivery operation.

Not only do flat earthers believe that the earth is flat but also that there is a dome firmament.

Last edited:
So it resembles a giant snow globe? I get it now.

So if we could get past the NASA agents (see how the Americans are in control of the whole thing?) then we could get to a point where "sky" meets the disc and we could put our hand through? Sign me up! :D

If these idiots(don't care they are) really think the earth is flat how do they explain if you go straight long enough you can end up in the same spot?

do they think the earth just makes a new dimension or something when ever you come around the earth again?

Where do they think the sun comes from? The sea or a hole in the ground?

Latest Posts

Back