The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
Picture of Earth from outer space
Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png

I'm going to say it again. I'm fairly certain that, apart from a couple of true nutters and complete idiots (with a serious shortage of IQ points), most of them are just trolling for the trolls.

It seems to be part of a movement based around questioning that which is always presented as the absolute undeniable truth, and as creationists put it, "Teaching the controversy" . It's intellectual rebellion.

It seems to be part of a movement based around questioning that which is always presented as the absolute undeniable truth, and as creationists put it, "Teaching the controversy" . It's intellectual rebellion.

Which would be good if it was done in a rational way. One should always question what one is taught, or at least maintain the awareness that it may not be entirely correct. Good science is constantly questioning established understanding, contrary to what the media and anti-science groups like the flat earthers would like people to believe.

Unfortunately for flat earthers it seems to be blind opposition; choosing the "underdog" hypothesis simply because it's an underdog rather than for any merits that it has. Basically, contrarianism. It's all well and good to have a pet theory, but if they're not prepared to be able to give it up in the face of acceptable evidence then they don't get to claim intellectual honesty.

It's intellectual rebellion.

a rebellion against intellect.

Either way it's rebellion. But is it sedition? Is so, doesn't it rise to the level of a crime, and deserve severe sanctions and punishment? Should 100% all speech be free and protected? No, of course not. How close to the line are the flat-earthers?

Either way it's rebellion. But is it sedition? Is so, doesn't it rise to the level of a crime, and deserve severe sanctions and punishment? Should 100% all speech be free and protected? No, of course not. How close to the line are the flat-earthers?
Probably not close at all. Especially if one believes their nonsense to be satire. Which I think a lot of it is.

I've changed my mind. The earth is flat. How did I come to this conclusion? Well it is raining and the rains falls traight down to flat earth. If the earth is a glove globe, the rain would fall down in a curved manner.

Last edited:
I've changed my mind. The earth is flat. How did I come to this conclusion? Well it is raining and the rains falls traight down to flat earth. If the earth is a glove globe, the rain would fall down a curved manner.
What about the ether wind?

What if, the earth is flat, but at a slight angle and the wind blows the rain straight?
But why would it be at a slight angle? Did one of the elephants collapse to its knees?

The Earth rocks. That's what causes tides. The sloshing of the oceans.

Pretty simple proof for flat right there! :D

Wait, what? Who's talking about legal sanctions or punishment for flat earthers? Did anyone else even say sedition?

IMO flat earthers aren't anywhere near any line at all. There's no point punishing people for being stupid, even willfully stupid. There's more evidence of religions doing damage to society and individuals than there is flat earthers, so if you wanted to start punishing people who believe things for which there is no evidence or evidence against I'd start there.

Flat earthers could also argue that every snowglobe is proof of a flat earth with a dome (firmament).

I've changed my mind. The earth is flat. How did I come to this conclusion? Well it is raining and the rains falls traight down to flat earth. If the earth is a glove globe, the rain would fall down in a curved manner.
I used to believe the earth was a globe because that was taught to me. but now I am an adult and after listening to eric dubay, and seeing with my on eyes documents from nasa,cia,army,airforce,russian scientists and many more I am completely convinced the world is a flat circle. if everyone used the freedom of information act and seen the documents I have seen then the truth would be more known. science proves the earth is flat. I am glad I am in the minority now. I used to think flat earthers was crazy just like most but when you find truth all that changes. now I went from believing in aliens and space and planets and solar systems to not believing that at all because of flat earth truth. truth will set you free. And the truth is always stranger than fiction. I think Nikola tesla said it best. the earth is not a planet. there is no gravity just a magnetic field. And this place earth is a realm. The Sun and Moon are not physical objects in the sky. they are just lights. I could go on and on. I am just gad to be awake.

I used to believe the earth was a globe because that was taught to me. but now I am an adult and after listening to eric dubay, and seeing with my on eyes documents from nasa,cia,army,airforce,russian scientists and many more I am completely convinced the world is a flat circle. if everyone used the freedom of information act and seen the documents I have seen then the truth would be more known. science proves the earth is flat. I am glad I am in the minority now. I used to think flat earthers was crazy just like most but when you find truth all that changes. now I went from believing in aliens and space and planets and solar systems to not believing that at all because of flat earth truth. truth will set you free. And the truth is always stranger than fiction. I think Nikola tesla said it best. the earth is not a planet. there is no gravity just a magnetic field. And this place earth is a realm. The Sun and Moon are not physical objects in the sky. they are just lights. I could go on and on. I am just gad to be awake.
Serous question, is the Earth deep-dish?

Wow. That must be some really great stuff you've been smoking!

Nikola Tesla
When the great truth accidentally revealed and experimentally confirmed is fully recognized, that this planet, with all its appalling immensity, is to electric currents virtually no more than a small metal ball and that by this fact many possibilities, each baffling imagination and of incalculable consequence, are rendered absolutely sure of accomplishment...

I think Nikola tesla said it best. the earth is not a planet

:lol:

Back