The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Here are my best times that I managed to do:
Gran Turismo®SPORT.jpg

TZ2 could probably win if you cut all the chicanes (Dunlop, Hunaudieres and Ford). It's probably still not worth it though in terms of credit/minute.

Hi guys,

why here no one use ford Mark I (Gt40) on Blue Moon Bay?
I made a good setup and i think it's faster and very more stable than KTM XBow (that's too unstable and crazy).
My best lap with GT40 was a 55.941(using dpad) setting car as N300, with clean bonus the game give me 8250 exp every 11.50 more or less.
Usually i'm first at lap 8th/9th

Some people do.
I made a good setup and i think it's faster and very more stable than KTM XBow (that's too unstable and crazy).
There are setups for the KTM that make it stable too. Although honestly just putting race mediums on the front (super softs on the back) and giving it two clicks of traction control makes it almost benign.

oh ok!
And there is some solution to earn exp without be present? Something like a custom race with rubber band on dpad or similar?
I'm at level 45 and it's very boring....

Hi guys,

My best lap with GT40 was a 55.941(using dpad) setting car as N300, with clean bonus the game give me 8250 exp every 11.50 more or less.
You can get a time with the KTM in the low 11:40, and that why people use the car.

Hi guys,

I use it sometimes but I send to prefer the ease of use of the McLaren F1.

The GT40 sounds a lot better though. Could you provide your tune so I can try it out? That's assuming that 55.94 is a typo and is really 45.94?

Sorry, you right...45.94!
Tonight i will post my configuration (now i'm at the office)!
With my settings it's a tank, very stable and fast.

Ok... think i need to try... where can i find best setup?

That tune is outdated now with the new physics introduced 2 updates ago. Use my updated one below. Fastest lap I got is 45.5xx. It's not really that much faster than the GT40 if you're already used to it, but it's worth it for newbies because the XBOW is much cheaper than the GT40.

Power N399, min weight
Tyres RH/RSS
BB -1 (with ABS on, use BB 0 with ABS weak)
Ride 100 100 (precisely in the middle, doing this from memory so I might get the numbers wrong)
Spring/ARB/dampers max max
Camber 1.5 3.5 (depending on your driving style, if you prefer more understeer increase rear camber, if you prefer more oversteer decrease rear camber)
Toe +0.20 +0.20
LSD 30/30/30
Gears do tranny trick, set Final to 3.650 (shift at midline of the rev bar)

Thank you.
And some tip about let game go alone to farm experience?
I see that someone use la ferrari on hoval and rubber band on dpad, there is some particular car/race configuration that maximize exp earning?

I'm out for work all the day and level 50 it's my last trophy.... i complete online races months ago.
I'm to level 46 just reached and it's very long way...

The Porsche 997 at N400, yields 345k in that 11:40 bracket. The rear is rock solid stable, for anyone looking at different cars.

The tune is not outdated, it can still do around 11:40 race time.

Well it is still better than stock tune, but you can no longer flat Turn 3 like in pre update. And if you lift even slightly the rear end will break loose. My tune eliminates that. You can easily do 11.37 race time. Small difference in time, but large difference in ease and consistency. Which is what you want in long grinding sessions.

I found this too, you can even win with ease, i passed the laferrari on lap 11 (or was it 12), n400 and full weight loss

For those that use the Shelby Daytona and the Ford Mark IV in the Nostalgia 1979 - Circuit de la Sarthe race, what are your average lap times when finishing in 1st place? I'd like to update the chart with those cars' lap times. Thanks! :cheers:

Well it is still better than stock tune, but you can no longer flat Turn 3 like in pre update. And if you lift even slightly the rear end will break loose. My tune eliminates that. You can easily do 11.37 race time. Small difference in time, but large difference in ease and consistency. Which is what you want in long grinding sessions.

I think my XBow tune is similar except I run lower numbers on my diff settings, helps keep the back end from overtaking the front end in T3 if you have to lift a little. Without traffic in the way I can easily take T3 wide open but usually carry more MPH if I just barely lift, like 3/4 throttle at apex then straight back to WOT.

What's the highest vehicle handicap payout you can get? Most I got was 130%.

If you enter a N1000 race with an N100 (biggest gap possible), you get 190%. Plus the 50% clean race bonus so technically maximum possible if 240%. Winning that though is another different matter :lol:

I think my XBow tune is similar except I run lower numbers on my diff settings, helps keep the back end from overtaking the front end in T3 if you have to lift a little. Without traffic in the way I can easily take T3 wide open but usually carry more MPH if I just barely lift, like 3/4 throttle at apex then straight back to WOT.

That doesn't make sense. Lower diff settings makes the car more loose (except LSD Accel with higher numbers you get more oversteer, but that only applies when the wheels already starts to slip). If you want to keep the car stable then 60/60/60 diff is the way to go.

If you enter a N1000 race with an N100 (biggest gap possible), you get 190%. Plus the 50% clean race bonus so technically maximum possible if 240%. Winning that though is another different matter :lol:

That doesn't make sense. Lower diff settings makes the car more loose (except LSD Accel with higher numbers you get more oversteer, but that only applies when the wheels already starts to slip). If you want to keep the car stable then 60/60/60 diff is the way to go.

I am under the impression that the lower numbers mean it takes less force to make the differential work, ie unlock the rear tires

I am under the impression that the lower numbers mean it takes less force to make the differential work, ie unlock the rear tires

You are confusing yourself here. If lower numbers mean the diff works easier, then it will lock easier, not the opposite. In real life this would be true if we are talking in terms of ramp angles.

However, the diff in GT is the opposite. Lower numbers = more open. So you have to put in more force to make it lock.

You are confusing yourself here. If lower numbers mean the diff works easier, then it will lock easier, not the opposite. In real life this would be true if we are talking in terms of ramp angles.

However, the diff in GT is the opposite. Lower numbers = more open. So you have to put in more force to make it lock.

Correct, I want the rear to unlock easily under deceleration, that way the back end tends not to try to slide so much going thru corner 3. It is especially problematic when going for clean race bonuses and AI slides up in the middle of the T3. I noticed the way my XBow is set up it did not slide the rear as much when I went numerically lower on the diff adjustments. The decel diff number is the one that seems to make the biggest difference on my XBow, the other 2 not so noticeable when I adjust them.

Aren't the red bull standard races good money? I remember doing one, it only took 10minutes, and I got 240k even without clean race bonus. Plus the tracks and car are a lot of fun to drive unlike blue moon ktm/gt40 which frankly have got so boring over time

Back