The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Hey everybody, I know GTPlanet is a great resource for help. I'm having an issue with running out of Ad-blue. I am using a modded truck, Volvo VNL-670, with a super modded fuel tank (I like to drive a long ways without filling up), but now after 1.17 beta, I am running out of the torque juice at half tank of my normal fuel. Let me tell you how that ain't fun with a full load. Any idea how to either modify the size of its tank or something? or am I going to have to drop my fuel tank size?

Thanks guys/gals.

That's the first time I've heard of that problem. Only thing I can suggest is visiting a fuel station before the adblue runs out , defeats the purpose of having the long range diesel tank though.

Tonight I downloaded this trailer and rather than go straight to the delivery point , instead I drove around Promods Hamburg autobahn network , checking out the nooks and crannies of their amazing modelling. I'll have to teleport the delivery to Italy because I have wasted too much time haha.

That trailer..... :drool::drool::drool:

Perhaps the diesel capacity is too high for the amount of AdBlue compared to real life. The may be a way to modify AdBlue capacity for the truck.

@spinner Mmmm shiny :cool:

I'll just leave a shot of an Icelandic dawn here:

ets2_00123 by Leggy1997, on Flickr
I haven't found anywhere to mod the size of the adblue. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the adblue level.

I had no idea you can track adblue. I just drive a Volvo. Maybe that's why.......
Mine is a modded Volvo, it uses the same dashboard. there is a small guage above the regular fuel indicator, it is small, but there. I never noticed an issue until I put in the 1.17 beta.

Damn! Still one week for Scandinavia! D: the wait is killing me man! D:

Anyway. Someone knows an American truck mod that works with 1.17? Tried the Volvo VNL780, but I had a bit of texture problem, so I'm affraid of adding any other large mod.

So far I only have a couple of sound mods for 6 cylinder trucks and V8 Scanias. Mods by Kriechbaum. That guy is a freaking genius. He should be hired by PD to do the sounds for GT7.

Damn! Still one week for Scandinavia! D: the wait is killing me man! D:

Anyway. Someone knows an American truck mod that works with 1.17? Tried the Volvo VNL780, but I had a bit of texture problem, so I'm affraid of adding any other large mod.

So far I only have a couple of sound mods for 6 cylinder trucks and V8 Scanias. Mods by Kriechbaum. That guy is a freaking genius. He should be hired by PD to do the sounds for GT7.

Lol they just got the guy from Forza... I think they will be OK.

Kenworth T800 could work, it works with1.15 and 1.16: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=173600

Just a fix for 1.17. Sadly no more new places added, although it is already a large extension. Maybe one day there will be the whole of Russia added for huge trips.

I can confirm the T800 v1.02 works in game version 1.17. Seen here leaving Moscow.

Yeah I realised it was just a fix for 1.4.8 after I had downloaded the whole thing haha.

After the FH13 has been in the workshop for over a week, I'm back behind the wheel of the FH13, took some scenic routes through France on the first job back! :cool:
ets2_00146_zpswqazb0gj.png

ets2_00142_zpsa9velinn.png

Anyone buy the Scandinavian pack? Would you recommend it? I haven't played ETS2 in a while again and I don't know if its worth it or not.

Anyone buy the Scandinavian pack? Would you recommend it? I haven't played ETS2 in a while again and I don't know if its worth it or not.

Haven't personally tried out Scandinavia DLC, as I run the ProMods Map. I'm going to wait to see what they do before committing to the purchase!

They're merging their mod, so you'll need the DLC to continue to using it come
But we will release a patch/update to be compatible with ETS2 1.17 (without the DLC), so you can enjoy ProMods until we release version 2.0 - from that release on both DLC will be required to play ProMods.
Version 1.100 is supposed to be coming in 2 weeks, but I think this version will be without the Scandinavia section, so it'll be a couple months before we get the best of both worlds together.

I'm the same , using Promods so I havent bought the new DLC yet but it looks like a worthy purchase. I will definitely buy it in future , I can't wait to see what the Promods team do with the new features and assets.

Yeah, I'm still on Promods too. I hope the next version of Promods will still include Finland, integrated like it is now.

I use a T500. Stop considering a wheel. Just do it ! :) It's the single biggest improvement to the experience you could make. (Track ir takes second place)
The G27 is probably the best value wheel on the market and for ETS2 , and you get the H pattern shifter as well. Perfect !

Sorry about another screenshot , but you know every now and then you take one that looks sooooo real ? :drool:
RJL Scania with Charlie Lauder skin

@spinner I have just ordered a G27! It is supposed to be the best for ETS2 and a similar price to anything else with a H-Shifter and clutch, so I stopped considering and took the plunge. Looking forward to trying it out next week.

Also been trying out this Mercedes Antos mod, its very very good:

17276344480_e3bddce970_c.jpg
ets2_00159 by Leggy1997, on Flickr
http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=158237
It looks like it was made by SCS despite the fact it isn't
Although i don't recall actual Antoses having "Antos" and a Mercedes logo on the side skirts.
Also the quote has a freaking tendency to turn my writing into links. Freaking dang it.

Last edited:
Yes the G27 is a great buy for this. I got mine for $236 USD, free shipping and arrived in 84 hours from Ebay. Fanaleds is a good program that allows you to have the LEDS work with ETS2 because they don't by default.

Squirrel was streaming a dev build of ETS2 with the new Mercedes truck and license. It looked really good. He said 1.18 should be coming soon.

Now Squirrel has made a video about the "youtuber special early access" Actros

Three things. One, im still sure this is an early access version because of the lack of options. That or copyright issues.
Two, (near the end) "I gotta take this back to the dealer, can't afford one(or something along those lines)", yeah, with your 158 million, im sure you can't afford one ingame! :lol:
Three, and most important...

The tire is still on the MP3. God gand it.

My computer is now fixed so, I'm back in business boys! Can't wait to get back home from Spa and get back to truckin! Starting over is going to be a drag though :(

My computer is now fixed so, I'm back in business boys! Can't wait to get back home from Spa and get back to truckin! Starting over is going to be a drag though :(

If you were crazy, you can use the unrealistic economy mod. Make stupid money stupid fast.

Back