The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I remember reading somewhere that Promods 2.0 will require the Scand DLC to work. That's fine by me. I wont get the DLC until Promods is ready. They say that PM 1.9 will be compatible with game version 1.17 fairly soon after its release , so we'll get to try the new lighting etc :)
I've been driving mostly in Germany lately , purely because of the autobahn expansion. It's such a beautiful piece of modelling and lots of new routes to explore.

Edit: Thoughts on the DLC from Promods: http://blog.promods.net/2015/04/scandinavia-dlc-review/

Last edited:
Scandinavian DLC is looking good. Anxious to see how the Pro Mod guys work their creation around it.
I believe they can still work around the Scandinavia DLC countries, so I surely, too, hope they'll keep Iceland because it's really the most beautiful place I've ever driven in ETS. :drool:

I believe they can still work around the Scandinavia DLC countries, so I surely, too, hope they'll keep Iceland because it's really the most beautiful place I've ever driven in ETS. :drool:
I think they will work around the DLC. So they can still include what isn't replaced by the DLC, like Iceland and France.

Some pictures from recent trips:

I enjoy playing ETS2 but after a few days of long trips, it gets really boring and I need to stop playing it for like a week before its fun again.

I enjoy playing ETS2 but after a few days of long trips, it gets really boring and I need to stop playing it for like a week before its fun again.
Have had that happen a couple times. I usually try to pick a shorter trip with a more interesting cargo, or go through somewhere I haven't explored yet.

ETS2 was a great buy for about $2 on steam, but it begins to get a bit dull after awhile. I bought myself a truck but I dont wanna drive 200 miles xD

Screenshots from 1.17 public beta. Photomode seems to be broken , these were taken using F12.
New lighting is a big improvement but nights are not so dark and now seem to be shorter. I had to increase brightness in game , still seems a bit dark during the day.
Physics have changed. I was getting understeer on throttle with 6 X 4 chassis and this 25t Excavator on the back. This may have to do with the new steering parameters , I didn't change steering sensitivity in game. No real complaints though ! :)

Promods have a patch for 1.17. http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6085&start=520#p60464

h1FCKTG.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So ummm, how'd Squirrel get in the game??? I'd like to. Its all part of the Beta.

Last edited:
So in 1.17 beta, Ohaho Volvo mod will work perfectly fine. All mods, but 50k wheel design pack does not work, which considering the wheel and tires are separate is in the Beta. I would not be surprised that once the release of 1.17 is done everything will fall in place.

That's good to hear. I know the last major update affected how the trailers are done which forced Jazzy & everyone else to update their trailer files.

Apparently, there is a 1.17 beta on Steam, and one of the things in the 1.17 is that Renaults get 6-wheeled chassis

REJOICE FOR RENAULTS BEING...... SLIGHTLY MORE COMPLETE!

Ok, for whatever reason, ProMods patch doesn't work. I updated it, started a new profile with all my mods, & it crashed. Started it again, only enabled ProMods + Patch, still crashed.

Which patch are you using ? They updated it yesterday.
I'm using "promods-v191-z-patch_compatibility_117.scs"
The previous patch was "promods-v191-z-def_compatibility_patch117.scs"

You need to keep the def file that was generated when you downloaded v1.91. The patch must be enabled along with the 3 files from the download.

1.17 has been doing some weird stuff though. Ohahas Volvo didnt work for me in 1.17

????

Last edited:
I had promods-def-v191, promods-map-191, promods-v191, and promods-v191-z-patch_compatibility_117. I've read others on the main forum have had the issue, but most seem to have had an invalid def-file & re-downloaded it. I may give that a try later, but for now, I've been able to drop back to 1.16 with promods-190 without any issue. I can wait til' 1.17 is officially out of beta.

Man that is cruddy. The HD in mine is failing. I have had the S.M.A.R.T disabled on my BIOS so I can use the dang computer for several months. I have some extra funds coming in. I will going from Traditional drive to a 128 GB Crucial SSD and a 500 GB traditional for my programs. The 1 TB that is getting swapped out because of warranty is going to be the Steam drive. I will have 4 drives total. One for OS, one for standard windows programs, one for Steam library, and my personal data drive that I have been using for several years now. Best of luck getting yours all fixed up. You should still be under warranty.

I somehow wish a PS3/360 and/or a PS4/X1 version of it would come along. I can't build a gaming PC (or get a normal one) for the next few years (can't save money, 80% of my part-time work salary goes to pay University) so that would be really friendly.

Agreed. It needn't have as large a map, but something more serious than Big Mother Truckers wouldn't go amiss.

I had promods-def-v191, promods-map-191, promods-v191, and promods-v191-z-patch_compatibility_117. I've read others on the main forum have had the issue, but most seem to have had an invalid def-file & re-downloaded it. I may give that a try later, but for now, I've been able to drop back to 1.16 with promods-190 without any issue. I can wait til' 1.17 is officially out of beta.
That is weird, Promods works fine for me on 1.17.

Not sure about the new lighting by SCS, the night seems too bright but daytime looks great. Here is midday and midnight:

ets2_00117 by Leggy1997, on Flickr

ets2_00120 by Leggy1997, on Flickr

I haven't played ETS2 since June-July. Have there been any major updates or patches since then that might affect my mods (I had Promods, Russian map extension and some truck/trailer packs installed) or should I be able to just jump in and pick up where I left off?

I would suggest your maps will need to be updated to the 1.16 game version. Unless you choose the public beta 1.17 of course , then you'll need the 1.17 compatible version of Promods. Not sure about the Rus map in 1.17.....

Trucks and trailers might work OK though.

Wasn't ETS2 like 1.10 or lower in June? You will def need to update pretty much all your mods. I have an LED strobe mod from version 1.08?? and it still works, but it is rare tho to find one that will.

I haven't played ETS2 since June-July. Have there been any major updates or patches since then that might affect my mods (I had Promods, Russian map extension and some truck/trailer packs installed) or should I be able to just jump in and pick up where I left off?
Russia Map seems to crash my game on the 1.17 beta. Trailer packs should be fine but trucks may have several issues.

Back