The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I'm currently using my DS3 to play and I haven't had any problems. There may be one or two buttons that I use my keyboard for but other than that, it's smooth sailing with just a controller.

Cool if I was to download it or buy it where do I start? There seems to be so much dlc or mods like farming simulator 2015. How Do I get the basic game, what does it cover map wise / content wise and etc.. and what dlc / maps etc are recommended. Also what is needed for it to look amazing graphics wise like on some youtube videos I have seen it isn't like this as standard?

Cool if I was to download it or buy it where do I start? There seems to be so much dlc or mods like farming simulator 2015. How Do I get the basic game, what does it cover map wise / content wise and etc.. and what dlc / maps etc are recommended. Also what is needed for it to look amazing graphics wise like on some youtube videos I have seen it isn't like this as standard?
I'm not good with the technical stuff so maybe someone else here can help you with that. You get the basic game on Steam. Content wise, the map covers the majority of the major cities and towns in western Europe. It's enough for hundreds of hours of gameplay if you don't get bored by the idea of trucking. There's 6 truck companies, each with one or two models. That's enough unless there's specific trucks that you like. I'd recommend not getting DLCs until you're sure you'll enjoy the game because I know some people who don't enjoy trucking and find it terribly boring. Afterwards, you should definitely get the two map expansions. The rest are useless paints. The only mod that I use is ProMods which adds a lot to the map.

I'm not good with the technical stuff so maybe someone else here can help you with that. You get the basic game on Steam. Content wise, the map covers the majority of the major cities and towns in western Europe. It's enough for hundreds of hours of gameplay if you don't get bored by the idea of trucking. There's 6 truck companies, each with one or two models. That's enough unless there's specific trucks that you like. I'd recommend not getting DLCs until you're sure you'll enjoy the game because I know some people who don't enjoy trucking and find it terribly boring. Afterwards, you should definitely get the two map expansions. The rest are useless paints. The only mod that I use is ProMods which adds a lot to the map.

Thanks for the quick reply ProjectWHaT, appreciate it. Now if someone could advise me on if and what I would need to upgrade my PC hardware if any at all and what is good to keep.

Well I don't have a steam account, I only have Origin thinclient installed. Is steam free to sign up and download steam thinclient, as I don't pay subscription on Origin but they have payment details. Just I did a search on Origin and didn't see ETS2 on there.

If I don't have steam, where else can I buy it? If steam is free then I'll download it and create an account. Also now I know it works with a controller I'll be happy with my Xbox One controller it works a treat for Farming simulator 2015. If I didn't get bored of farming, I really don't think I'll get bored of trucking lol. Whats the customization like? Because this I love in gran turismo or especially Forza games.

Thanks for the quick reply ProjectWHaT, appreciate it. Now if someone could advise me on if and what I would need to upgrade my PC hardware if any at all and what is good to keep.

Well I don't have a steam account, I only have Origin thinclient installed. Is steam free to sign up and download steam thinclient, as I don't pay subscription on Origin but they have payment details. Just I did a search on Origin and didn't see ETS2 on there.
Yeah, no problem. Steam is free and is exactly like Origin. They're competitors actually.

https://store.steampowered.com/

@wraith of horus
My PC specs:
Intel Core i5 2500K CPU @4.3ghz
ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3 Motherboard
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Power supply
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
Crucial M550 SSD 256GB
Corsair Vengeance 8GB ram
CoolerMaster Silencio 550 Case
Corsair SP120 fans
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I get 40 - 50 fps , you've seen my screenshots. The game looks beautiful but at a cost.
I used to have a GTX 560 ti GPU , the graphics were still good and it ran smoothly. ETS2 doesn't require a high end gaming PC , your old machine may actually run it OK at medium settings. But if you want eye candy level graphics , you'll need as much PC as you can afford !
I'm no hardware expert and I have no knowledge of old hardware standards , so I can't offer any advice in that area. The only suggestion I can give is this: Buy the best GPU you can afford !

I'd also recommend running it through Steam. Automatic updates , the ability to opt into public beta versions. Its just simple and easy IMO.

Customisation of the trucks in game is pretty good. If that's not enough , there are enough free mods out there to satisfy anyones needs. From accessory packs , paint jobs , engine mods , wheels , tyres. Not to mention AI traffic packs , trailers and cargo..... Its just endless ! That is one of the best things about ETS2 and it's what keeps it interesting for me. I would have stopped playing a long time ago without mods.
One of many good mod sites: http://ets2.lt/en/

The only DLC that I think is essential are the two SCS maps. Going East and Scandinavia. They are great additions to the basic map and you should be able to buy a package deal with the basic game and the 2 DLC maps. The latest version of Promods (free map mod) requires these 2 maps as well , in case your hunger for more map continues :D

Cool if I was to download it or buy it where do I start?
As the others've said, you should download it with Steam (be sure to check sites like Is There Any Deal? as you'll quickly see that the Steam Store most often isn't the cheapest option, I think most, if not all, of the shops listed on ITAD allows for activation through Steam). As for DLC, I agree with @spinner; Going East and Scandinavia are the essentials. I searched a bit around, and the cheapest option I've found, today, is £18.74 total, that's for the main game with Going East (also called ETS2 Gold, which's £7.95) and Scandinavia DLC by itself (which's £10.79). You can run without Scandinavia for now, and wait for a good deal on it, typically there will be some savings in the upcoming autumn sale on Steam, I just don't know when that'll be though, or you might be lucky to find a good deal on another site before that. 👍

Thanks guys. I just checked this site and theres a few different ones at different prices. There is one listed http://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:euro truck simulator 2;/scroll:#gamelist right now today at ISAD gamesplanet Fr, for £18.18 17% off. I noticed titanium edition or platinum edition or deluxe editions. Also there are East + North expansions. So you don't get north included in the base game? you have to buy a north map separate too like scandinavia one? The ETS2 on the steam store is £14,99 but it probably doesn't have going east with it or its not gold edition? Just noticed ETS2 east expansion bundle is 20.99, don't know if this includes east or just the bunch of paint job packs. But it does mention further down Scandinavia £11.46, Going East £4,79. It looks like the game is cheaper if you buy the game then dlc separately. But with the expansion bundle you get extra paints and things for the extra £1.21 you spend.

Last edited:
It should say underneath the package on Steam what it includes, as an example the Going East Expansion includes Going East and paint jobs and the North Expansion pack includes Scandinavia and paint jobs, as you said. I think SCS just named the package with Scandinavia "North" because it includes a viking paint job which technically isn't only a Scandinavian "thing", however I've made this map, mainly for my personal use, but you all can use it if you wish to, which shows the cities (and thus countries) that are in the two map DLCs and those in the base game.

And for what I can find, the titanium and platinum editions are similar, only released in different areas; Apparently titanium is released in France and the platinum in the Nordics area. They both do include ETS2 and Scandinavia DLC (and Scania Truck Driving, High Power Cargo DLC, and some paint jobs) but not Going East. 👍

Thanks Dean :) I'll be purchasing it soon but not just yet. Didn't even know ISAD existed until today lol. But when the times comes I'll definately buy from there unless there is a promo on steam. Won't be registering or downloading steam until nearer the time I can purchase it.

Capture.JPG

This is what I currently run with. Works well for me. Ask me anything on it, and I will give you all the answers possible. ETS2 is a lightweight for this PC.

Thanks yzfmike for sharing your System specs with me. I'll outline what I currently have and am looking for in the next two paragraphs with pictures below.

Well I would like to do a partial overhaul but not a complete overhaul if you know what I mean. If I can keep some parts I will be happy. I have two old WD Raptor 10,000rpm 150GB Sata II 3.0GBPS HDD and two Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB 7200rpm HDD. I have the coolermaster Cosmos S below which is now old but a new case I have never used and is better than my old Lian Li G75B modded case. And I have the Thermaltake Toughpower 1200Watt Modular PSU which is ATX 2.2 EPS 12v 2.9. Is this good for modern hardware? So I may be able to keep this above mentioned hardware. But all the rest will probably need updating.

I have seen the X99 2011 motherboards, cpu and memory and am liking the look of especially the Asus X99. But I need to spend less than £500.00 if I can. Also I have seen the scoket 1150 motherboards, Asus Z97. I would need to change my OS from XP to Windows 7 which I'm comfortable working with now, just a stable OS that has been out a while. Not sure about Windows 8 or 10. Advices on OS would be nice too if anyone can help me.

So this new PC will all go towaards playing Farming Simulator 2015, 2017, Farming Expert 2016, Euro truck simulator 2, eventually american truck simulator, and other sim games at 1920x1200 or HD. I don't need to play in 4k or aren't looking for super high res gaming of that level. But the normal res people play at that isn't 4k. It needs to be able to handle any games at ultra max settings at these resolutions on comfortably with plenty FPS.

Coolermaster Cosmos S

4c52f991192dda4bac2a312491ea9e5c_1361408319.jpg

6ee30dc3156d676aa6fab7fae49aac85_1361408319.jpg

e150b952445aec667983d3993e5444fa_1361408320.jpg

Striker II extreme 790i Nvidia Chipset motherboard Socket LGA775.

Striker_II_Extreme_top_view.jpg

I have two of these Western Digital Raptor 150GB in Raid 0

618qKbtk0rL._SL1211_.jpg

Two Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB HD753LJ in Raid 0. 1.4Tb of storage.

41SUf27lvfL.jpg

Then my PSu which is a Toughpower 1200Watt Modular PSU.

Thermaltake_Toughpower_1200W_PSU_main.jpg

My older hardware is this

Q6600 G0 Core two Quad LGA 775.

13090916167b7da0a685562cfa.jpg

Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz Cas 9 2x2 4GB

115548-237470-800.jpg

And my case basically modded with 25CM fan left right panel side window. 1 x 140mm fan top, 1 x 140mm fan at front bottom, 1 x 120mm fan at rear.

lian-li-server-full-tower-classical-pc-g75-with-window-17.gif

Also this is my old Dell 2407 WFP HC 24" LCD. Its only HDCP it doesn't have HDMI connections. It might have usb, + memory car slots for flash memory cards.

ubwuT.jpg

So what do you guys think. What should I keep and what should I change?

I know I'd love a new motherboard, cpu, gpu, memory. I only need 16Gb of cheap DDR4 memory with the new hardware. But I think the Coolermaster Case is going to be ok. I'm looking for great deals and it has to be under £500.00. I've seen that X99 motherboard without Wifi for £235.00, but then theres everything else. So looking for great bundle or bargains. I don't mind putting the PC together myself as I am qualified to do it. I have the knowledge and expertise but I haven't been keeping up with the technology since the hardware I bought here. And I no longer have a IT Technician job anymore. But I'm just looking for advise from people who are upto date and know what works well and good.

EDIT:

Just went to overclockers and priced up an X99 motherboard for £209.99

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-652-AS&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=2875

MB-652-AS_115043_800.jpg

Then priced up a EVGA 960 GTX with 4096MB for £199.99

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-290-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2379

GX-290-EA_115900_800.jpg

2011 I7 4820K 3.70Ghz for £249.95

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-502-IN&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1672

CP-502-IN_76773_800.jpg

Corsair 2400Mhz DDR4

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-439-CS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=2553

MY-439-CS_114528_800.jpg

What do you think guys. Thing is I can't afford any of this yet. So hopefully the prices will come down way cheaper soon. I checked that the 960 gpu could play most games at ultra settings at 1080P or 1920x1200 even battlefield 4 except for crysis. Couldn't do 1440P but I'm not interested in those resolutions just 1920x1080P or 1920X1200 on a 24" monitor. Can you guys find these hardwares cheaper than my prices here. Altogether its over my budget though of £739.88 and I don't have the cpu cooler. As long my monitor HDCp fits this gpu everything is ok. Please if you guys can find cheaper prices for all these hardware let me know I would be really grateful. I think this is the cheapest upgrade I am going to get if I go down the X99 route.

Or do you guys think I would be better going down the socket 1150 Z97 motherboard route. Bundle I found here with Socket 1150 Z97 haswell and Core I5 4690K cpu for £275.58.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-014-AS&groupid=2833&catid=2836

BU-014-AS_93199_800.jpg

Then priced up a EVGA 960 GTX with 4096MB for £199.99

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-290-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2379

GX-290-EA_115900_800.jpg

Team Group 16GB 2666Mhz DDR3. Priced at £159.95 WILL THIS MEMORY WORK WITH ASUS 1150 Z97 HASWELL MOTHERBOARD?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-056-TG&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=2548

MY-056-TG_80929_800.jpg

Alltogether the price comes to $635.52, unless I buy 16Gb of 1600Mhz DDR3 memory which doesn't hit the limit of the cpu FSB or motherboard FSB. But if I did buy 16Gb of 1600Mhz I could go for this. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-376-CS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1517

Corsair 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 priced at £99.95. This puts the total to £575.52. Do you guys think socket 1150 motherboard and core i5 4690K cpu would have enough power to play any games with ddr3 1600Mhz + even if I upgraded my gpu to a 970 or 980 gtx later on? Also do you think any of the memory I have mentioned will work ok with the motherboards?

MY-376-CS_72157_800.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for your help yzfmike. It seem like socket 1150 is the way to go and will be great for gaming according to your specs and experiences. It looks like my mind is set then. Just to wait until I have the money and who knows by then the prices might have come down. I'm going all out cheapest options when I do. All I need to be weary of is will that corsair vengeance 16gb memory be qualified to work with that Asus Z97-K. If its on the motherboard memory QVL list and works ok I'm ok. Then I have a DDR3, GPU and HDD upgrade path where I can eventually get faster parts. I know theres some things I didn't mention like case fans, cpu cooler, and OS. I have most things including a mouse and keyboard too. If the parts are cheaper when the time comes I'll buy a corsair Liquid cooler if they are better than CPU cooler. Does anyone recommend the Corsair Liquid coolers? Also what are some good high flow case fans which are't too noisy?

I have just Air cooled, and that screengrab from speccy was done with the computer running for several hours. I would just go with air cooling. I run all games without issue. I have only had the CPU get hot when I was running a 3D project in rotation continously in LDviewer. Lego 3D design program.

Ok yzfmike. Thanks again. cpu cooling I suppose is simpler and cheaper. I have always loved the aerocool extreme turbine fans, 16 blade fans I bought from performance-pcs. People in the past have recommended sharkoon silent eagle fans. I just need high flow low dB fans. Also I put a 16 blade aerocool extreme turbine 120mm fan on my thermalright heatsink cooler on my old system and it dis pretty well except that the thermal tdp of say an old lga775 q6600 Core 2 Quad could get quite hot, over 60C or more with prime or when testing multiple cores with other benchmark programs. I'm sure newer cpus run a lot cooler?

I'll see what kind of money I can put together because can't make up my mind. Because I didn't mention this but I kind of like the x99 and ddr4 core i7 and when I saw I that it came with wifi. Now WIFI is vital for me and my laptop I just have internet, never have to worry. I don't have a good way in my bedroom of connecting through ethernet currently.

So there was this urge inside me to go for x99 with wifi and wifi was a deal breaker in a way even though more money for all the hardware. So basically I'll just see what money I can scrape up nearer the time and try to save up enough to buy the better system. I know its going to be more expensive.

Also I didn't realize until I saw the memory qvl list for an asus x99 deluxe board yesterday. It becomes suddenly apparent but it seems massively daunting to me after reading the qvl document how many items I am going to have to check that they are either A - are compatible or supported or B - are not compatible?

This feels worrying. Why all the hassle with modern tech and hardware. In the past it was just Memory qvl or cpu. But now do you really have check every long code on all your hardware to make sure even my psu is compatible, or even my raptor hdd drives????

Last edited:
The biggest issues I see is that will the CPU work to the motherboard and RAM as well. Pretty much everything else will slide right in. OH and PSU setup for that type of motherboard.As you see I used tigerdirect and all the parts minus blu ray drive, win 7, and graphics care was all part of a complete bundle that is already set to be exactly what it needs to fit and work. Maybe you can go that route. There is alot of info to go over on that site. It will help you to cross reference the CPU code to motherboard etc etc.

The biggest issues I see is that will the CPU work to the motherboard and RAM as well. Pretty much everything else will slide right in. OH and PSU setup for that type of motherboard.As you see I used tigerdirect and all the parts minus blu ray drive, win 7, and graphics care was all part of a complete bundle that is already set to be exactly what it needs to fit and work. Maybe you can go that route. There is alot of info to go over on that site. It will help you to cross reference the CPU code to motherboard etc etc.

Hi yzfmike. I just registered on steam, downloaded and logged into the app. I bought the Euro Truck 2 Simulator deluxe bundle. It includes euro truck simulator, euro truck 2 simulator, bus driver, scania driving simulator, trucks and trailers. Wohoo. Can't wait to play. The Euro truck Simulator 2 also includes all paint packs, Going East and Scandinavia. How good and how big is the original Euro Truck Simulator. Should I play that first?

Just installed Euro Truck Simulator 2. My only problem I'm stuck on choosing a company name and I have no idea what the company logos mean and which to choose ugh??? :/ How about X51 Elite Haulage. Because I like aliens and alienware or sci fi stuff lol. Truck 'N Go, North Star, Load 'n Go, Hot Wheels, Top Star Liners. The following are what I found other people use. Mother Truckin, Mother Truckers, Hauling Ass. I live in Leeds in North West Uk. hmm?? any suggestions to help me with my company name decision.

I have some other suggestions but not sure where to go with it. Think I might go with Northern/UK Star trucks, based on the American Western Star Trucks, Or Sterling trucks or Home Run, You call it We Haul it!, Home Run, Uk Express. I want my trucking company to be a big haulage including freight. expand to across europe wide. I think I'll call my company UK Freight Exchangers. Hmm

Last edited:
Company name wont apply much truth be told. Do what you feel is best for you holmes. I went simple and use my last name and finished it with Trucking Co. The trailer mods will help with the frieght. It will get insane when your hauling a earth mover, locomotive, miller, or transformer. lol

Company name wont apply much truth be told. Do what you feel is best for you holmes. I went simple and use my last name and finished it with Trucking Co. The trailer mods will help with the frieght. It will get insane when your hauling a earth mover, locomotive, miller, or transformer. lol

I decided to call it UK freight Exchange. Well how did my first session go and experience with this game. Firs of all. Crikey. Theres so much to learn in terms of the trucks functions and learning them on the keyboard, i.e all the brakes. I seriously need to learn what every key does. Theres so much. I'm a bad trucker I guess. 14% damage to my truck, also had to call services and be taken to birmingham because I went of the road and got stuck. Lets see what else, headlight offences, failing to rest offences. Offence for driving in the service petrol station the wrong way. Offences for hitting cars. I'm down to £600 from all the offences. I pulled into the petrol station but theres only a flashing symbol for petrol filling.

So heres my questions and problems I have experienced so far. Ok. Seriously can someone please tell me because the game doesn't seem to tutor you and tell you how to rest?????. I parked up and turned off the engine. Also it didn't matter if i had low beam or high beam or my lights off, the game was telling me I was getting headlight offences????/ whyyyy????

So heres my questions and problems I have experienced so far. Ok. Seriously can someone please tell me because the game doesn't seem to tutor you and tell you how to rest?????. I parked up and turned off the engine. Also it didn't matter if i had low beam or high beam or my lights off, the game was telling me I was getting headlight offences????/ whyyyy????
You have to press enter after turning off your engine to sleep. Depending on the time of day or weather, you'll need to use headlights. You must use your low beams at night (it's not when it gets dark. Turn them on when you see the traffic turn theirs on) and in the rain. During the daylight, you must have your lights off or have your fog lights on. High beams can be used at night, but when there's on coming traffic, they'll flash you because you're binding them.

I recommend watching some videos if you want to get better at trucking.

To refuel , stop in the icon , turn off the engine and press enter.

All the fines will hurt you now but once you've learned the dos and don'ts and accumulate some money , they become less significant. Alternatively , there are mods that give you more starting money and higher payment and xp rewards but I never used them and I think its a lot more satisfying building your company honestly. :)

All the functions and key assignments will become natural after a while , you may even prefer to reassign some keys / buttons if that helps you remember them or makes them easier to use.
Most important of all , take your time , enjoy the scenery and find a good radio station to keep you company in the cab. :)

Keep on truckin'

You have to press enter after turning off your engine to sleep. Depending on the time of day or weather, you'll need to use headlights. You must use your low beams at night (it's not when it gets dark. Turn them on when you see the traffic turn theirs on) and in the rain. During the daylight, you must have your lights off or have your fog lights on. High beams can be used at night, but when there's on coming traffic, they'll flash you because you're binding them.

I recommend watching some videos if you want to get better at trucking.

Ok so the weird thign was it was at night and even though i turned my lights on to low beam it was still giving me headlight offences, that's what i don't understand. And even when i switched them off. I couldn't understand what the game was trying to tell me. If I use low beam why was i still getting headlight offences?

Also thanks for this I was getting an offence for not stopping to rest. I tried stopping when i heard the driver yawn or saw fatigue but you can't actually stop and rest until the game tells you to I know this now. And thanks for telling me how to rest, the game does not tell you or tutor you enough on how to do things.

All the fines will hurt you now but once you've learned the dos and don'ts and accumulate some money , they become less significant. Alternatively , there are mods that give you more starting money and higher payment and xp rewards but I never used them and I think its a lot more satisfying building your company honestly. :)

All the functions and key assignments will become natural after a while , you may even prefer to reassign some keys / buttons if that helps you remember them or makes them easier to use.
Most important of all , take your time , enjoy the scenery and find a good radio station to keep you company in the cab. :)

Keep on truckin'

I started a new profile today. And managed to do the first job in 18mins, better than the 1hr+ yesterday. Today I noticed I could get into the paint shop but didn't see anywhere to aply the paint job and does the paint job cost?

So I am using my Xbox One controller. The default controls all me to accelerate and brake and switch my lights between low beam, high beam and fog. Also the controllers joypad allows to attach unattach trailer with the up button. I think the left and right on the joypad is indicators.

Not sure how to make use of and configure my Xbox One controller to do other things. I'm using the automatic shifting set up and enabled the auto brakes exhaust brakes and trailer brakes? to be done automatically in the options menu. But I'd like to have things like hazard lights and other functions be on my Xbox One controller instead of the keyboard. Is this possible?

Use F3 to bring up the navigation HUD , at the top there is a bed icon. It will go from white to blue as time goes on , then red when you need to stop and rest. Pause (ESC) and check the map for resting places so you can plan your trips. Also , use F6 to show how long until you need to take the next rest break. Its listed down the bottom.

I havent used a controller before but I know with a wheel and keyboard , I can assign anything to anywhere.

I sometimes use the exhaust brakes or retarder to control speed going down hills. Don't think I've ever used the trailer brakes. In the current version of the game , the nights are not dark , I don't use high beam at all. Low beam is on all the time , day or night.

Painting the truck does cost money , I cant remember if you need to gain xp before you can paint a truck. I don't think so ? You should be able to choose the paint then click confirm. Many of the custom parts require a certain level of xp to purchase. At this early stage of the game , you wouldn't own a truck yet , so keep driving for other companies for now.

Keep on truckin'

Personally I use EKR Rock Radio. I even have their Android App to listen to outside of ETS.

You can only do so much with controller. For me, I was rollin' with a keyboard and controller setup. Keep ti to defaults for most, but I have a custom setup with the G27. (this is in good humor) Spinner you ****ing b******. You made it again for weekly post. Soon I will post there. lol.

You can only do so much with controller. For me, I was rollin' with a keyboard and controller setup. Keep ti to defaults for most, but I have a custom setup with the G27. (this is in good humor) Spinner you ****ing b******. You made it again for weekly post. Soon I will post there. lol.

Yes after using my Xbox One controller again today, LB and RB are indicators, Trailer attach / detach is UP on the Xbox Ones left Joypad. Window wipers are RIGHT on the left joypad, LT and RT are accelerate and brake. LEFT on the left joypad is lights, low, high, fog. And the left analog or axis stick is steering left and right. But I'm wondering how to set other functions like hazard lights or other useful features to the Y, B, X, A, buttons. I couldn't find where to do it the control options were confusing and I didn't want to screw up the control profile and so left it at these default.

Well My ATI radeon HD5870 is amazing. It play this game at 1920x1200 with no aa, no as, but most other settings on high with advanced settings set to simple. Everything is on high and I only get a little bit of stutter now and again with the A.I traffic, or when driving. I turned on HDR last night before quitting to go to bed.

I still get speeding fines. Even when I'm doing 55 mph when the sign says 60 mph. I set up cruise control increase decrease controls to my keyboard. Don't know how top work this yet as pressing C on keyboard didn't do anything.

Also guys what is a retarder? Also set functions like realistic air brakes and air horn / horn thing. Most things are set to automatic and ticked in the options for the truck. Thinking of setting hazard lights to my controller but don't know when to use hazard lights?

Do you guys recommend any other vital functions I should set to my xbox controller?

Last edited:
Back