The F1TV Fantasy League '12 I *Weekend Results & Race Video Post #426*

What should the race distance % be set to?

• Total voters
I've broken into the 1:35's; 1:35.964.

I really can't get a suspension set-up that I like, and I get the feeling that the Honda Engine isn't really the best on the straights. I'm running more than 50% downforce just to stay glued onto the road for that Sweeping 2nd to last corner. Still haven't played with the balance yet, maybe thats where that elusive Extra second lies.

@DJ can we see confirmation of your lap time? I think everyone should post theirs.

I've broken into the 1:35's; 1:35.964.

I really can't get a suspension set-up that I like, and I get the feeling that the Honda Engine isn't really the best on the straights. I'm running more than 50% downforce just to stay glued onto the road for that Sweeping 2nd to last corner. Still haven't played with the balance yet, maybe thats where that elusive Extra second lies.

@DJ can we see confirmation of your lap time? I think everyone should post theirs.
You sure can:

60989507.jpg

I'll PM Liquid now.

EDIT:

I've not had any confirmation images myself yet and there's only an hour and a half before the cut-off point where no more times will be accepted. Hurry everyone!

EDIT 2:

Everyone please welcome ipswich1992 as the newest entry to the league, t3hgt3ftw1n; I didn't think you'd be alone for long. :P

Last edited:
0414121114.jpg

Alright, I'm finished trying to do any better. Whenever I push, I end up running wide or spinning. Some of the kerbs are downright dangerous.

I supposed a Second off the pace of a McLaren isn't as bad as it sounds, but still.. pretty horrid result.

1:35.250- BAR Honda- Jenson Button

Yeah if you go over one your best letting off the accelerator until you get back on the track or you WILL spin out, no doubts about it.

I supposed a Second off the pace of a McLaren isn't as bad as it sounds, but still.. pretty horrid result.
1:35.250- BAR Honda- Jenson Button

The Honda is DEFINATLY the 4th fastest car overall, some others are close to it.

Here a speed comparison between all cars for all of you, I guess it's rather legitimate, especially Nr. 1, 2, and 3.

Part1:

Part2:

Ye as you can see by the amount of laps though I kept hitting the kerbs and ruining laps :@

Plus I was expecting F1 2011 grip levels lool

Just tried again, and did no better. I hate this track (Racing excuses). Ah well, Im sure that with superior strategy, Button will do better in the race.

Ye as you can see by the amount of laps though I kept hitting the kerbs and ruining laps :@

Plus I was expecting F1 2011 grip levels lool

Good point. All of you have done far too few laps judging by the pics, 50 or 70 tries should be approriate I think, but to each his own...

Ye I would have done 50/60 laps if I had the time, I had a bit more time in hand but as we've all said - those kerbs -_-

I know what you mean, can be crazily frustrating. I was screaming all the time while doing those laps at Jerez hahaha.

Qualifying results for all active users taking part can be found in the first post. However I've not finished updating the grid with reserved and free drivers yet.

The race is currently recording & it should be up by early morning.

Ye every time I improved in one sector, the next sector I fooked up lol. Amazingly annoying this game I tell ya. Weird cos the PS2 version you could kerb ride

****, that's a lot of laps. I think I did about 10-15 before I got that 1:34.

Everyone can now start getting their best time on Sepang. And a heads up for random-qualifiers, the game is real cheap now! In the UK you can buy it for £4 from CEX and on eBay worldwide for £4-5, so I suggest you think about buying the game to compete fully!

Saturday the 21st of April, 8pm (UK Time). Deadlines are always every Saturday at 8pm (UK Time).

Race over, but it only shows the top 10 finishes at race end. I don't think it should pose many problems but the racers without any of the points could be unknown in the standings. You'll see what I mean when you see the end result of the race, which is uploading now.

EDIT:

akmuq: *HINT-HINT* I think you should have chosen someone else. On a one-off occasion I will allow you to switch to a temporarily reserved driver if you wish. But you won't switch until Sepang.

EDIT 2:

Full qualifying results are up in the first post. Race results and race video will follow shortly...

Last edited:
Really glad to get pole in Round 1, I fully acknowledge the car was superb but it was really tough to get it down into the 31's. A 31.5 was manageable but meant a perfect lap riding the kerbs without getting thrown. Really excited for a race long battle with my team mate.

Im looking forward to a great race. Really hoping I can at least hold on to the front 2, and if not, defend like a mad man to keep 3rd. Im looking forward to bringing home some solid points this weekend.

Uh. Stupid Youtube decided to tell me my video was too long AFTER I spent hours uploading it. **** I'm mad.

Can someone suggest a different video hoster? It needs to accept files up to 3GB and up to 2 hours in length. Otherwise I will have to split the video.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back