The F1TV Fantasy League '12 I *Weekend Results & Race Video Post #426*

What should the race distance % be set to?

• Total voters
You won't be able to view that video on anything, it won't even let me watch it on my laptop.

I verified my account on YouTube and it says I can now upload videos longer than 15 minutes.

I'm re-uploading now, it should be posted in 343 minutes.

EDIT:

More good news, the upload froze. I'm doing it again now for the third time, please bear with me and sorry for the delay.

Last edited:
Qualifying Results

1. Ferrari - Michael Schumacher (ipswich1992 - 1:31.914)
2. McLaren-Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya (dj_hazardous - 1:34.254)
3. Honda - Jenson Button (hawkeye122 - 1:35.250)
4. Ferrari - Felipe Massa (t3hgt3ftw1n - Random-Quali)
5. McLaren-Mercedes - Kimi Räikkönen (lbsf1 - Random-Quali)
6. Renault - Fernando Alonso (Hollow - Random-Quali)
7. BMW Sauber-BMW - Jacques Villeneuve (nitrorocks - Random-Quali)
8. Super Aguri-Honda - Takuma Sato (akmuq - Random-Quali)
9. Honda - Rubens Barrichello (Liquid - Random-Quali)
10. Williams-Cosworth - Nico Rosberg (Omer Said - Random-Quali)
11. Williams-Cosworth - Mark Webber (BlaquesJaques - Random-Quali)
12. BMW Sauber-BMW - Nick Heidfeld (RACECAR - Random-Quali)
13. Toyota - Jarno Trulli (Gillard17 - Random-Quali)
14. Toyota - Ralf Schumacher (Appie - Random-Quali)
15. Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella (GT4 Genius - Random-Quali)
16. Toro Rosso-Cosworth - Vitantonio Liuzzi (Reese - Random-Quali)
17. Toro Rosso-Cosworth - Scott Speed (Rex - Random Quali)
18. Red Bull-Ferrari - Christian Klien
19. Red Bull-Ferrari - David Coulthard
20. MF1-Toyota - Christijan Albers
21. MF1-Toyota - Tiago Monteiro
22. Super Aguri-Honda - Yuji Ide

Race Video

Please give the video a 'Like' if you enjoyed watching it and don't forget to watch in high quality - 480p.

Race Results

1. Ferrari - Michael Schumacher (ipswich1992) - 10 pts
2. Ferrari - Felipe Massa (t3hgt3ftw1n) - 8 pts
3. McLaren-Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya (dj_hazardous) - 6 pts
4. Renault - Fernando Alonso (Hollow) - 5 pts
5. Honda - Jenson Button (hawkeye122) - 4 pts
6. McLaren-Mercedes - Kimi Räikkönen (lbsf1) - 3 pts
7. Honda - Rubens Barrichello (Liquid) - 2 pts
8. BMW Sauber-BMW - Nick Heidfeld (RACECAR) - 1 pt
9. Williams-Cosworth - Nico Rosberg
10. Toyota - Ralf Schumacher
11. Toyota - Jarno Trulli

Congratulations to ipswich1992 for achieving pole and his first race win of the season:

goldq.png

Congratulations to t3hgt3ftw1n for achieving 2nd:

silvernw.png

Congratulations to myself (don't mind if I do!) for achieving 3rd:

bronzedf.png

Last edited:
Well done to the whole Ferrari team,

I am really happy with my performance, and extremely glad that my team mate did very, very well from 5th on the grid.

Bring on Sepang :D

Well done to everybody who participated.

Cheers again hazard for running this

Last edited:
No problem, but please don't spoil the race results before everyone gets a chance to watch it. If you can, please edit out anything revealing in your post. I'm not saying don't talk about it, just wait a while first please. :)

Edit 1: I forgot, just use [ spoiler ] tags (without the spaces), that will be fine.

Edit 2: I've finshed updating all results and standings as of race 1 end, if anyone spots any mistakes please let me know.

Edit 3: I will be dropping Omer Said, Reese, Rex & BlaquesJaques soon if I do not receive a response from them as I've been unable to get into contact with them.

Last edited:
No problem, but please don't spoil the race results before everyone gets a chance to watch it. If you can, please edit out anything revealing in your post. I'm not saying don't talk about it, just wait a while first please. :)

Edit 1: I forgot, just use [ spoiler ] tags (without the spaces), that will be fine.

Edit 2: I've finshed updating all results and standings as of race 1 end, if anyone spots any mistakes please let me know.

Edit 3: I will be dropping Omer Said, Reese, Rex & BlaquesJaques soon if I do not receive a response from them as I've been unable to get into contact with them.

Thanks for reserving a spot for me, with Giancarlo. I'll partake in the random qualy mode for the first few weeks.

I may be able to submit lap times at a later stage but right now my PS3 is in a yellow light coma and I'm too busy with end of university assignments and exams to fix it or take part in this actively.

Well, finished in a Points scoring position so not bad all things considered. Sepang is one of my far better tracks, suits my driving style for some reason so I should be able to put down some strong laps for Qualifying.

I'll start off with my first time for Sepang:

1:35.931

Edit:

1:34.586

Everyone should be posting their fastest times as soon as they have them. It doesn't have to be your definitive time.

Edit 2:

1:33.225 :D

No doubt ipswich will still manage another 1.31 though! :lol:

Last edited:
1'33.657 for me so far, picture incoming.

Edit: Scratch that, 1'32.827

Last edited:
You don't have to provide a picture until it's your final time (whereby you have no plans to improve on it).

I get the feeling that will be my final time because I feel I've run out of talent after that one:lol:

I get the feeling that will be my final time because I feel I've run out of talent after that one:lol:

I officially no longer know what I'm talking about :lol:

1'32.329, which beats the record I had set there afew years ago in a Mclaren :eek:

Damn, I'm now struggling to even achieve my current fastest lap. Just out of interest, is everyone here using car setups they've done themselves or from the internet? Either way is OK I'm just wondering...

EDIT:

Come on ipswich we're waiting....

Last edited:
I myself just do minor adjustments to Tire Pressure and Wing, I never really spent time on tuning in this game so I only know those options.

Do you use a wheel and manual gears?

I use a wheel (Logitech Driving Force Pro) and automatic gears. But I'm really unfamiliar with this game. I played it a little bit in 2007 when the PS3 first came out and my mate had it but I'm really new to this game and Sepang (and all of the other tracks) feel and look very different from F1 2011.

Do you use a wheel and manual gears?

I use a wheel (Logitech Driving Force Pro) and automatic gears. But I'm really unfamiliar with this game. I played it a little bit in 2007 when the PS3 first came out and my mate had it but I'm really new to this game and Sepang (and all of the other tracks) feel and look very different from F1 2011.

I'm using a pad and automatic gears. Really had spent about two or three years with it, one of those racing in a series. Hadn't played it for two years but other then Bahrain and Magny Cours (a track I despise), I pretty much know all the tracks.

Pretty happy with 5th. The only cars ahead of me were cars which are clearly faster.

Will be excited to mix it up with the Mid-field!

And the Manufacturer battle should be fairly close! (Except Ferrari, of course! )

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season, and hope to snag the podium at some point!

Last edited:
RACECAR
I'm using a pad and automatic gears. Really had spent about two or three years with it, one of those racing in a series. Hadn't played it for two years but other then Bahrain and Magny Cours (a track I despise), I pretty much know all the tracks.

You hate.....Magny Cours??? :(

You hate.....Magny Cours??? :(

The final chicanes at Magny Cours are as bad as the ones before the start-finish straight at Montreal. Totally ruin perfectly good laps by running a bit too wide.

Too slow and back on the gas? Spin. Too fast? Spin. I cant hit those consistently enough to get good times.

4th for Alonso, the power of teh beard ain't working too well. :P

Also, great job on the videos Haz! 👍

Thanks! :)

Actually though, the video is pretty jumpy in places and not overall smooth.

I think it's because I had the Chinese Grand Prix playing in the background while it was recording so hopefully the next one should be a lot smoother.

Noone else got a time for Sepang yet?

RACECAR
I just can't stand it, it seems impossible to have some sort of rhythm there.

This sums up what I endured everytime I was there.

I love it. :) the first corner with the quick left-right hand part. I love it.

Really going to have trouble finding the time to carve out a lap... busy week ahead (going to be in a Car Show and what-not)

Back