The FIA GT Manufacturer Series & Nations Cup Discussion and Race Calendar Overview Thread

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 436 comments

Which manufacturer will you sign your contract with?

• Total voters
Hi guys, new to the forum but definitely not new to the game, avid driver since the first GT was released on PlayStation. I signed for BMW although I'm actually a bit fed up with getting smashed around and punted off track, it annoys me that the punishment isn't high enough for things like this. I know it's only a game but come on, I've come up against a fair few drivers that really don't care about etiquette.

However my biggest gripe is how PD have changed the times around as realistically I was only able to get on for the last two time periods an evening and now I've missed both of today's sessions. But what's worse is how they have basically stopped NZ from entering as someone mentioned before.

Manufacturers Cup - Dragon Trail - Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4 (yup, i signed contract with VW ^^)

My status: C/S (still)
Room status: C-20

Q - 12th
R - 11th
P - 140
This race interests me, as all 20 drivers have the same DR.

Do you think that you can find out the points scored by some of the other drivers in the race?

This race interests me, as all 20 drivers have the same DR.

Do you think that you can find out the points scored by some of the other drivers in the race?
I am not sure, I can look at replay and call out all participants in that race tomorrow, hopefully someone of them is GTP active. Till now, had no luck to see someone in more than one race, or someone clearly recognisable from GT Planet. We will see.

Just completed Yamagiwa Nations Cup.

Finished: 2
Drivers: A-1, B-5, C-1, D-13

Totally convinced now that the points are connected to strength of field which only makes sense.
My DR is B, and last night I score 390 for a 9th place finish. The field consisted of mostly all B drivers.

Maybe there weren't enough B drivers to match up this last race.

Seaside:

Finish:11
Drivers: B-13, C-3, D-4

It appears as though the Manufacturer Cup races are closer DR ratings then the Nations Cup.

Last edited:
Hello guys!

Kyoto Nations Cup. I started from DR B SR S!!!!!!!!

Qualification: 3!!!!!!!!!!!
Finished: 17
Drivers: B-11 C-9

IN My first 4 laps, I did good job, I was 3 in the race.... Lap5; I made a little mistake, I was trying to take a late brake at the last Turn... ok, I got the field, and came back to 6... next lap, the guy behind me, pushed me out to the field also... the story is, I finished 17!!!!:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: I don't care the 75 points! my problem is that, I was in DR B, and get back to C! why??? this wasn't even my fault! ok... point! next race. thats it

@Manufacturers Cup..@ GR4 Mitsubishi Lancer

Dragon... I was a new DR C driver again....

Qualification: 5..
Finished: I did not finished this race...
No points...
Drivers: C-18 D-2

First lap of this race, at the turn( 2), a took over 2 guys clearly, so I was 3 in that moment! and the turn( 5,) the Argentine guy with a Honda, just like an idiot, no brake ,nothing, like a vendetta , pushed me out from this race.... why??? because I did the turn (2 )clever than him! Do YOU UNDERSTAND this??? guys! seriously!!!! what the f.ck is this???? THESE guys are with SR S!!!!!!

I was so upset... I was turning off my PS4 then (position 18), and I'm writing this message for YOU GUYS! This is incredible! Im a f.cking fair player... and Those guys?
This wasn't my day .....:banghead: I never had any problem like this before...

What could we do with those guys??? any idea? they just killed my DR rating, and my two FIA races from today.....

For my yesterday's races:

Manufacturer's Cup (with Dodge Viper):
Q: 7th
F: 8th
P: 620
DR-Ratings: all 20 B-S

Good race, although I made a few small mistakes but had some good battles all around. Could've even reached the podium if not for my mistakes.... oh well. Loved the Viper though! :)

Nations Cup (with Beetle Gr. 3):
Q: 13th
F: 8th
P: 590
DR-Ratings: all 20 B-S

Good race as well, did not make many mistakes. Qualifying could've been a bit better but all in all I'm happy.

Hello guys!

IN My first 4 laps, I did good job, I was 3 in the race.... Lap5; I made a little mistake, I was trying to take a late brake at the last Turn... ok, I got the field, and came back to 6... next lap, the guy behind me, pushed me out to the field also... the story is, I finished 17!!!!:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: I don't care the 75 points! my problem is that, I was in DR B, and get back to C! why??? this wasn't even my fault! ok... point! next race. thats it

No points...

First lap of this race, at the turn( 2), a took over 2 guys clearly, so I was 3 in that moment! and the turn( 5,) the Argentine guy with a Honda, just like an idiot, no brake ,nothing, like a vendetta , pushed me out from this race.... why??? because I did the turn (2 )clever than him! Do YOU UNDERSTAND this??? guys! seriously!!!! what the f.ck is this???? THESE guys are with SR S!!!!!!

I was so upset... I was turning off my PS4 then (position 18), and I'm writing this message for YOU GUYS! This is incredible! Im a f.cking fair player... and Those guys?

What could we do with those guys??? any idea? they just killed my DR rating, and my two FIA races from today.....
Sad to hear this but everyone faces problem like this. Move on.

Best thing is to steer clear of these Idiots. Drive fast and form a lead. First 2 laps, be a little over cautious. Back off, eventually these Idiots will take each other out. If you can consistently put together few good laps, these guys will be way far behind.

Hello guys!

No points...

I know exactly how you feel, unfortunately there isn't much we can do, especially when PD aren't implementing any real punishment or even disqualification for incidents like this. I've had this so many times it's unbelievable, qualifying top 3 and then on the first lap get whacked by someone being careless and stupid trying to overtake two or three cars, or worse just getting pushed off the track by someone purposely punting me. I had it last night on a daily race 2nd place guy couldn't get past me on the Nürburgring 24hr and just kept late braking and nudging me.

Last nights manufacturers cup.
I'm currently DR:B SR:B
12 DR:B drivers, the balance were DR: D

441 points for qualifying 1st, finishing 1st, setting fastest lap

I'm a little annoyed with the matchmaking system, I've had races where I drove much worse on tracks I don't drive as fast (Brands Hatch GP), but scored 600+ points from finishing 7th due to strength of field. However in this race where I was 4 seconds up from 2nd after really not driving well my first 5 laps, and 30+ seconds ahead of a good chunk of the field I get 441.

I wish the points scored took into account your overall race pace and finishing time more than the strength of the people you race against.
As it stands, Dragon Tail - one of my best tracks, ended up being wasted on a field of mostly weaker drivers.

Last edited:
Last nights manufacturers cup.
I'm currently DR:B SR:B
12 DR:B drivers, the balance were DR: D

441 points for qualifying 1st, finishing 1st, setting fastest lap

I'm a little annoyed with the matchmaking system, I've had races where I drove much worse on tracks I don't drive as fast (Brands Hatch GP), but scored 600+ points from finishing 7th due to strength of field. However in this race where I was 4 seconds up from 2nd after really not driving well my first 5 laps, and 30+ seconds ahead of a good chunk of the field I get 441.

I wish the points scored took into account your overall race pace and finishing time more than the strength of the people you race against.
As it stands, Dragon Tail - one of my best tracks, ended up being wasted on a field of mostly weaker drivers.

I hear you. Wonder if there just isn't enough drivers that fit the particular driver ratings, so they just fill them to get a race going?

Knew from the get go last night I wasn't gonna score a lot of points when there were 13 D rated drivers in the field and I have a B rating.

Nations Cup - Kyoto MiyAbi -Kart

Room Status: C-11, D-9 (2xD dropped during Q)

Q - 8th(?) damn, not remembering it already , ups ^^
R - 15th
P - 52 (228 in Total from 2/2 races)

As i hate these Karts riding with DS4 Motion control - slightest turn of controller means a huge spin, even with steering sensitivity set to -2, I had to give it a try, but with help of counter steering assist, to be able to stay at the track. It was so so, Race alone was ok, just been wide before finish of first lap and as avoiding slow guy in front of me in the end of lap 3 i hit the pit wall straight and lost almost all, yet, managed to keep at least not the last of remaining field. Not so happy with result, but happy to finish that race without a real carnage.

Manufacturers Cup - Lago Maggiore - VW Beetle Gr.3

Room status: C-18, D-2

Q - 1st (Yeah! Another pole ^^)
R - 4th (Yeah... Still keep myself messin' up with my results)
P - 217 (357 in total from 2/2 races)

Almost forgot to turn off the counter steering assist before Q, but had a great flying lap, slightly slower than i had in practice, but it was enough for the pole. Race started really good. Was keepin' everyone behind me, on around 1s distance. It lasted like that till lap 5, then i managed to increase the lead to more than 2s, and achieved the fastest lap of race - 1:59,0. Anyway, the closer the finish was, the more nervous i went, resulting in a cut on esses and a 2s penalty, which i wanted to serve in some turns (i know not so fair, shame on me), yet guys behind me gettin' really close behind me was another distraction, so the second turn after hairpin i cut again (not intentionally) and got additional 8s penalty, i served it after letting all 3 guys passing me before the end of lap and then started to catch them. To be honest, as they were keeping the pace with me, i didnt expect anything in my favor, we were really equally fast. In second to last lap i lost all hope as been wide in hairpin, and i hope didnt ruin someones race, when came back on track (need to watch replay for that), if yes, my appologies. As mentioned above, it was in my hands, yet still messin with my results, by not avoiding those silly mistakes i am repeatedly doing.

@Famine

My race results and points. Hope this is helpful - Oceania/Asia

Nations Cup - Kyoto - Yamigawa

1st - JUN-_-JEEEEN - S/S- 1501
2nd - Saika159 - A/S - 1422
3rd - Nik-Makozi A/S - 1343
4th - Legacy0193 - A/S - 1264
5th - yukiku - A/S - 1185
6th - blackbeauty-79 -A/S - 1106
7th - Lion-Face A/S - 1027
8th - ZenRazo - B/S - 948
9th - Mr_Natty_Gains - A/S - 869
10th - V32R - B/S - 790

Manufacturers Cup - Lago Maggiore

Rysei6110 - A/S - 1418
APEX-Evolution - A/S - 1343
JAKAevo4 - A/S - 1268
Lion-Face - A/S - 1194
saika159 - A/S - 1119
Mr_Natty_Gains - A/S - 1044
MAX-MACH-5 - A/S - 970
rohrl - B/S - 895
Noway34 - A/S - 820
nintaro - B/S - 746
Bryan_F - B/S - Can't Find....
TE0306R - B/S - 597

I was hoping to see this changed up a bit. Nations cup should be only among players from your nation, or at least continent. The Manufacturers cup should be a cup race with all the same cars. As it stands, they are really similar to the regular daily races.

Besides, at the end of the week, it's just the people who finish 1-2-3 who get heralded. Where do I see who lead the series for my country or my manufacturer?

I only ran the nation's cup tonight. I was pleased the time is much better for me :D

It was all A/S and B/S

I qualified 3rd and swapped around between 1st and 4th the whole race. It was fun. I finished 2nd but ended up with the win. The leader was lagging really bad and I guess he disconnected at the end.

Ended up with 1040 points.

Hi :)

I told You guys about my story yesterday.... I was so upset ok, no problem,
Today was a new day
I was hoping, everything is going to be fine....
Manufacturer Cup; Mitsubishi Lancer GR3... Lago Maggiore...
I was qualifying my car for position 6... ( I don’t like this circuit so much)but I really enjoyed the race, I came up from 6 for 3,under 5 laps... and I got a message in the race,;disconnected from network.... great! This was my second disconnection under 3 weeks! HAHA
So Life is life, and this is only a game.. move on!
So after 2 races of this test 3, I went back from DR B to DR C, and I have zero so 0 point!!!
Positive thing of this day, I didn’t race with assholes, that was a fair race over 6 Laps!
This way, I can’t help You guys to find out this point system... sorry

Last edited:
I mostly focus on the manufacturers races, which is all I did today.

20 people, 19 started.
17 were DR: B and 2 were DR: C
I qualified P1, finished P1 and had the fastest lap.

692 points.

Hey, here are my results:

Nations Cup @Yamagiwa Kart

Q: 7th

F: 4th

P: 794

DR-Ratings: all 20 B-S, 1 disconnected during Quali

Very good race, I had the best pace and started moving up the field. I was chasing down the leader by lap 4. Got a better exit out of the hairpin and was alongside of him before the last chicane. And then he hit me (twice!) in the side, sending me out of control. I hit the guy in 3rd (sorry! :|) and got a 10s penalty while the leader sped off as if nothing happened… penalty system at it’s best right there… Anyway, recovered at 5th position, then was lucky to avoid 2 guys playing Mario Kart, and the leader spinning out on his own (ha, Race Gods seem to exist after all!). Had a good clean battle for 1-2-3 but having to serve my penalty (which I left for the end as it wasn’t fair in my opinion) meant I could only manage 4th overall. Too bad, for a while the win was mine for the taking.

Manufacturer’s Cup @Lago M. Viper GT3

Q: 15th

F: 13th

P: 289

DR-Ratings: all 20 B-S, 1 disconnected

Not my track, not my race. But I didn’t make any huge mistakes (just a couple of small ones) so it’s ok. I still finished with a red S although the contact I had with others was what I would consider normal in touring car racing. Nobody had any disadvantage because of it just some normal “friendly” exchange of paint. PD should really adjust the SR system to allow for small contact as it is in RL.

My Question: What is the difference btw. Manufacturer and Nations Cup, in terms of: get the drivers rated against the same nation, or, as I would assume, which country in the world has the fastest drivers?

Same for Manufacturer: What car brand has the fastest Drivers, eg.

Do you know what I mean, at the moment it seems like it is just a longer daily race, an you get points the count for one week...

My Question: What is the difference btw. Manufacturer and Nations Cup, in terms of: get the drivers rated against the same nation, or, as I would assume, which country in the world has the fastest drivers?

Same for Manufacturer: What car brand has the fastest Drivers, eg.

Do you know what I mean, at the moment it seems like it is just a longer daily race, an you get points the count for one week...
For now it is how it looks, PD is testing the mechanics of the races, so it has its fast pace, for main competition (starting in April) i expect to be a weekly race, or maybe throughout weekend, could be slightly longer races, and even starting times could be more spread out, separate for each region as it is now, but within given time span of 8 hours for one region, then 8 hours span for second region and then last 8 hours for third region, so there won't be situation as now, where NZ guys cannot participate as there is the time of races after midnight.

For your second question, take a look on the middle submenu in the Sport mode menu, named i think live reports, where is, i think report from the beta (or demo) final. It may, possibly answer you on how it will be when the event starts for good.

Dr B sr S

Came 6th nations

758 points

15th to 6th

My mates race

Dr B sr A

Came 4th

495 points

Started 4th

Ended with A Dr

What the hell is going on with the points system and why don’t they tell us

So how do they work cos I just did the nations cup race at Bathurst just now 10laps
Dr B
Sr A
I did a 2:05.2 and was on pole by like 1.5seconds
And won the race flawlessly by over 25 seconds no barrier touches or anything
Fastest lap 2:04.7
I got 215 points

That seems like a pathetic points tally for that performance during the race in my opinion

So how do they work cos I just did the nations cup race at Bathurst just now 10laps
Dr B
Sr A
I did a 2:05.2 and was on pole by like 1.5seconds
And won the race flawlessly by over 25 seconds no barrier touches or anything
Fastest lap 2:04.7
I got 215 points

That seems like a pathetic points tally for that performance during the race in my opinion

Basically, a simple explanation is this.

For every DR: S driver, there are a 15 points added to the pool.
12 for DR: A
9 for DR: B
6 for DR: C
3 for DR: D
1 for DR: E

So a lobby filled with DR: S drivers (20/20) will have a 300 point maximum, which the winner gets - regardless of performance.
Everyone below him would get a % of the maximum based on where they finished.

So a lobby with 5 DR: B and 15 DR: C would have a max of 75 points for the winner.

Back