The FIA GT Manufacturer Series & Nations Cup Discussion and Race Calendar Overview Thread

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 436 comments

Which manufacturer will you sign your contract with?

• Total voters
So how do they work
The points for finishing positions are modified by "group average rating" - the average driver rating of everyone in the lobby.

I don't know what the raw points are, and I don't know what the numbers behind the DR are, but I'm pretty comfortable with the above statement. If you score low, as a B-ranked driver, it's likely you beat a load of people with DR rankings of C, D and E. If everyone was DR B and you won, you'd get approximately 765pt.

The points for finishing positions are modified by "group average rating" - the average driver rating of everyone in the lobby.

I don't know what the raw points are, and I don't know what the numbers behind the DR are, but I'm pretty comfortable with the above statement. If you score low, as a B-ranked driver, it's likely you beat a load of people with DR rankings of C, D and E. If everyone was DR B and you won, you'd get approximately 765pt.
So you can win a race by a mile or a metre it doesn’t matter just depends who your racing
That’s a shame cos I nailed that race so well such an anti climax to see such a poor score at the end oh well hopefully it will put me in more difficult lobbies next time aha

Basically, a simple explanation is this.

For every DR: S driver, there are a 15 points added to the pool.
12 for DR: A
9 for DR: B
6 for DR: C
3 for DR: D
1 for DR: E

So a lobby filled with DR: S drivers (20/20) will have a 300 point maximum, which the winner gets - regardless of performance.
Everyone below him would get a % of the maximum based on where they finished.

So a lobby with 5 DR: B and 15 DR: C would have a max of 75 points for the winner.

That’s can’t makw sense :/ because people that win dr-s races get like 1600 points for winning :/ ?

Or am I missing something ?

That’s can’t makw sense :/ because people that win dr-s races get like 1600 points for winning :/ ?

Or am I missing something ?
I think it was just an example, with made-up numbers to make it easy to understand.

I think the maximum is 2,000pt, for reference.

Nations Cup - Mount Panorama - VW Beetle Gr.3

Room status: C-20

Q - 6th (4 bugs within 6 places on start :D )
R - 15th (dead last this time, as 5 guys dropped out)
P - 70 (298 in total from 3/3 races)

This race, well, i can swear on myself and myself only for this. I couldn't find the right rhythm, and as i started to like this track i was really bad today, even in my Herbie Beetle. :D from the start i was keeping my pace within 2 laps, then mistake after mistake, guys were simply faster than me today, i was 12th going into last lap, but doing the same mistake at the same place as the lap before made me to drop to last 15th place. That place was the Dipper, after downhill esses. Disappointed afterall, even i was looking forward to this combo.

Manufacturers Cup - Alsace Village - VW Scirocco Gr.4

Room status: C19, D-1

Q - 2nd
R - 5th
P - 211 (568 in total from 3/3 races)

Whoa, this one was a great race from beginning till the finish line. We were group of 6 guys fighting for every bit of empty track for the whole race, no big mistakes this time, all was super tight and what was more praised by me, totally clean (trading paint is what i don't count to dirty racing). There were multiple overtakes from all of us, except guy in front, who kept his nerves tight and us behind his tail. :D In the last - 8th lap was difference between leader and P6 (myself in time) around 5-5.5s as it was for the entire race. Today it was about tiny mistakes, and guys made them less than me so i finished 5th (one guy was wide on the second, tighter flat turn and dropped behind me. This was simply excellent racing, which I wish to everyone.

So you can win a race by a mile or a metre it doesn’t matter just depends who your racing
That’s a shame cos I nailed that race so well such an anti climax to see such a poor score at the end oh well hopefully it will put me in more difficult lobbies next time aha
It might be because you were matched with slower opponents, due to slower or no practice (the reason can be different though), therefore yougot less points. DR status is mainly about the amount of racing you do, the speed and consistency seems not to be that strong factor to the formula of the DR status. So there can be slower guys in higher rankings, yet the higher ranking the less slower guys, I mean, speed can affect your progress through the ranks (well, until PD and/or FIA make the statement about DR, SR and point system in game, we can only guess how the mechanics works).

It only makes sense and is fair. I guess my only issue, which is out of our control, is how the room is matched. It is deflating to know before warm ups (due to DR strength) that you won't score many points if there are to many drivers below your current DR. I have had at least 3 races the last few days where they were 10+ D drivers in the field and I am at B. Not a big deal, still love the racing...

It only makes sense and is fair. I guess my only issue, which is out of our control, is how the room is matched. It is deflating to know before warm ups (due to DR strength) that you won't score many points if there are to many drivers below your current DR. I have had at least 3 races the last few days where they were 10+ D drivers in the field and I am at B. Not a big deal, still love the racing...
Indeed, but there's a few points to remember.

Firstly, this is a test season, with nothing riding on it.
Secondly, you're being matched according to the matchmaking factors. These don't seem to prioritise DR, instead focusing on SR, geography and practice time. That's because DR isn't an indication of speed in a given situation - you may have a high DR through racing tracks and cars you're familiar with, and not be that fast with this car on this track. Not to mention that, a month into the game, people may simply not have built up a DR yet but be incredibly fast. And the game can only match up the people that enter the race you've entered. If you've got a couple of thousand people, you're going to be matched more accurately, but with just a couple of hundred, chances are that outside the A/S, B/S and E/B (initial rating) lobbies, you're going to have a fairly varied spread!

Mount Panorama Ray Charles Memorial Demoliton Derby

All DB

Q10 R6 P 127

Everyone bar the winner got dropped two SR places by the end. Chaos.

Getting ready for "Mount Panorama Ray Charles Memorial Demoliton Derby", p.s. that is just so funny.

The other day when this was a single night race I had more wrecks in two races than in one month.

Yesterday’s races:

Manufacturer’s Cup Alsace with Viper Gr.4:
Q: 2nd
F: 8th
P: 586
DR: all 20 B-S, 1 quit
Still loving the Gr.4 Viper, had a really good Q-lap and a good start. During the battle for 2-3-4 with 2 Caymans I slightly touched the wall with the right side of the car at the last chicane and the car suddenly stopped completely… WTF?! Recovered as 11th, made up 3 spots till the end, but the hard-stopping wall messed up my race…

Nations Cup: Mount Panorama with Porsche 911 RSR
Q: 15th
F: 16th
P: 285 (I think…)
DR: all 20 B-S, 3 quit
I was just too slow for the competition. At the back there was a little of a wreckfest, plus I made quite a lot of stupid mistakes myself. A race to forget.

Indeed, but there's a few points to remember.

Firstly, this is a test season, with nothing riding on it.
Secondly, you're being matched according to the matchmaking factors. These don't seem to prioritise DR, instead focusing on SR, geography and practice time. That's because DR isn't an indication of speed in a given situation - you may have a high DR through racing tracks and cars you're familiar with, and not be that fast with this car on this track. Not to mention that, a month into the game, people may simply not have built up a DR yet but be incredibly fast. And the game can only match up the people that enter the race you've entered. If you've got a couple of thousand people, you're going to be matched more accurately, but with just a couple of hundred, chances are that outside the A/S, B/S and E/B (initial rating) lobbies, you're going to have a fairly varied spread!

How confident are you that practice time is playing a factor? I have my doubts.
Simply because my last 2 races (DR : B and SR : S) I hit qualifying times that were roughly .3 to .5 slower than my best practice times, and those qualifying times were enough to get me P1 by almost a second each time.

Whereas one of my races last week on Interlagos the top 10 were separated by 1.2 seconds.

I don't think practice time has anything to do with it, but that's just my opinion based solely of my circumstantial experiences.

Races of 23.11.2017:

Manufacturer’s @ Suzuka with Viper
Q: 18th
F: 15th
P: 285
DR: all B-S
Started even before the last chicane because of my lack of pace in the GT3 Viper. Got spun in the chicane and was dead last and 8s behind everybody. Lucky for me there were other drivers who made mistakes or got spun and I could overtake them. Didn’t make any mistake, which makes me happy, although the result doesn’t.

Nations Cup @ Tokyo Inner Loop with Mitsubishi Lancer:
Q: 4th
F: 5th
P: 783
DR: all B-S
Good quali, close race from 2-5, amazingly no pile up in Turn 1. The winner was 2s faster a lap than the rest :embarrassed: I ran 4th almost the whole race but was under pressure from the guy behind me. In the penultimate lap I made a small mistake and touched the wall so he passed me. Still, good result and a good point haul imo.

First disconnect then this with 12 mins before entry stops... anyone else seen it?
6216CD97-08CB-49D0-B7A7-E6B85C5ED286.jpeg

Test season 4 is going to have only 2 races (for now). I expect PD to add more after the update.

EDIT - Now they are 6 races again for season 4.

Last edited:
The times for the Asia/Oceania events seem to be tailored for the Japanese, as here in NZ the first race doesn't start until 12:00AM. It's absurd that they haven't considered this, & it seems unlikely to change.

Just off the back of a win at suzuka. Qualified 1st, finished 1st with a 40s lead. I haven’t done much racing online so my rating does not whatsoever match my driving for now! I also qualified 2s ahead of the 2nd place gentleman posting a 2:02.3

I absolutely dominated and walked away with 187 points.

Driver rating was all D/A

Test season 4 has 6 rounds and is as follows:

26th nov - Gr3 Suzuka
27th nov - Gr4 dragon trail - seaside
28th nov - Gr3 Interlagos
30th nov - Gr4 Kyoto driving park - Yamagiwa II
1st dec - Gr3 Nürburgring gp
2nd dec - Gr4 brands hatch gp

Actually won the group 3 suzuka race Sunday in a scooby. Don't care where I finish rest of week I have actually won a race on gts even though I only got 46 points lol

I now know exactly* how points are assigned in the FIA events, but I need some more data to come up with a fully fleshed-out way of working out your likely points score. We'll chuck this into an article on GTPlanet's front page, so any help is appreciated.

At the moment, what I need more than anything else is points/positions from lobbies where all drivers have the same DR. I can't easily gather that because it means changing my own DR too much and I can only do two races a day at most. That information will provide the basic structure on what the DR letters translate to in terms of numbers.

This, for example, is perfect:

I absolutely dominated and walked away with 187 points.

Driver rating was all D/A
Second place in that lobby would have scored ~176pt, by my calculations.

Data from mixed DR lobbies is useful, as it will allow me to make estimations and check my results off, but I want to approach that once I've got a handle on what the letters means.

The latest update has made this easier. All drivers' points are now displayed on the screen at the end of the race. Just screengrab that (tap the Share button, then triangle to save the image) and post it here if you wish to help.

I've got enough information on B-ranked drivers for now, I think (more is fine), so I need to fill in my blanks on all-E, all-D, all-C and all-A lobbies.

Many thanks to everyone who's posted so far, particularly @Mires and @Lion-Face whose data got me thinking the right way about it.

*I'm about 3% out, at most now.

I now know exactly* how points are assigned in the FIA events, but I need some more data to come up with a fully fleshed-out way of working out your likely points score. We'll chuck this into an article on GTPlanet's front page, so any help is appreciated.

At the moment, what I need more than anything else is points/positions from lobbies where all drivers have the same DR. I can't easily gather that because it means changing my own DR too much and I can only do two races a day at most. That information will provide the basic structure on what the DR letters translate to in terms of numbers.

This, for example, is perfect:

Second place in that lobby would have scored ~176pt, by my calculations.

Data from mixed DR lobbies is useful, as it will allow me to make estimations and check my results off, but I want to approach that once I've got a handle on what the letters means.

The latest update has made this easier. All drivers' points are now displayed on the screen at the end of the race. Just screengrab that (tap the Share button, then triangle to save the image) and post it here if you wish to help.

I've got enough information on B-ranked drivers for now, I think (more is fine), so I need to fill in my blanks on all-E, all-D, all-C and all-A lobbies.

Many thanks to everyone who's posted so far, particularly @Mires and @Lion-Face whose data got me thinking the right way about it.

*I'm about 3% out, at most now.
My yesterdays races:
Nations Cup
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171127193757.png Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171127193817.png

Manufacturers Cup
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171127204733.png Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171127204753.png

Both races were all C/S

My nations cup race today was also all C/S, but i forgot to make those screenshots

I received 508 points for winning the GR.4 Manufacturers race last night. Everyone in the race had a DR of 'B'. I hope these images help. 👍

Edit: Actually not very useful without the other drivers' points. I can find them if you'd like?

38705837531_7c9b859bdc_o.jpg

26930091729_c7c448b050_o.jpg

37818020525_13ef0df801_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back