The FIA GT Manufacturer Series & Nations Cup Discussion and Race Calendar Overview Thread

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 436 comments

Which manufacturer will you sign your contract with?

• Total voters
Most people move over in the races I've had, if not right away then definitely when I flash my lights. But some guys block like crazy, it's annoying..

I hope the Racing Etiquette section gets updated soon.. With both videos and tests you have to do and really get a 100% score on to proceed.. Not just half-ass it and think "oh well. Online is a mess anyway". That's how bad drivers are born.

One question guys - does that Lambo Huracán (car for today's Nations Cup) have brakes??? I am trying today's combos and this one surprised me with 50% longer brake distance than usual.

One question guys - does that Lambo Huracán (car for today's Nations Cup) have brakes??? I am trying today's combos and this one surprised me with 50% longer brake distance than usual.

Road tyres - which is dull in a racing game. It surprises me that PD make the difference between road and slicks hoops so big when, in reality, it's not that huge a difference.

Manufacturers Cup - Alsace Village - Honda NSX Gr.3

Q - 17th
R - 15th
P - 48 (217 points in total from 3/4 races (no change))

I dunno what happened, I got super time in practice yesterday, today I wasnt able to reproduce that time in both - Q and R. My Q time was 3s slower than that one from practice, so i assume i was matched to quicker tier of drivers. Therefore my bad Q. In race, first lap was ok, gained few places. 1st corner of lap 2 i had a battle with a Porsche, i went to inside, turning hard to be sure to leave at least 1-car wide place on my left at the out of turn, yet Porsche driver pushed on me and started to spin, i slowed a bit to avoid penalty, "helped him" to manage that slide. Later on few guys from behind got closer as i was also approaching group in front of me. One of them rammed my back so i was wide in one corner, lost 2 places and contact to the group.
Starting to gain the time back again, yet there were few mistakes i made (usually) where i ran off the track and spun on grass, lost another 2 places, to run it down the finish on P15. Disappointed about this race, not about the result, but the way i was feeling on the track.

Nations Cup - Lago Maggiore - Lamborghini Huracán

Happily skipped as i have not practiced this car enough to get all brake points right, and now I'm off to go to work.

Not sure why all the races in Nations Cup are no no for me this second season. ^^

That describes my Willow Springs race last night to a "T".

Same thing happening for me in the Manufacturer Cup. Not adjusting to the Mercedes yet.

Big rookie mistake last night at Alsace Village. Win the pole, lead the first 7 laps by a nice margin, then get conservative and slow down a little (no racer in view behind me), Mid lap 9 when I look back there is a Porsche closing fast, so in an attempt to get back to my normal speed, of course I make a few mistakes slowing myself down even more, get overtaken on the uphill, and the guy in the Porsche drives a near perfect final lap I end up second.

lol, still eating at me this morning.

Nations Cup - Autódromo de Interlagos - VW Beetle Gr.3

Q - 8th
R - 10th
P - 97 (163 in total from 2 races)

After a surprisingly fast practice lap - it was like 3rd since i started to test - 1:34,143, which was cca 2.7s behind top time in practice, or 2.2s behind top 10, I came with a decent lap 1:35,0 in Q. After race start i lost 1 place, and settled in P11, focused to do my best to avoid any huge mistakes. I gained 2 more places in first 3 laps, but been a bit wide after a battle in the mid-section and lost few places back. Since then i was doing pretty well, came back on contact with others (group of 6) and we had great battles, clean, touch here and there, not a push. And i made 2 really nice overtakes for P10 finish. Finally i was feeling well, and consistent enough to have a great time.

Manufacturers Cup - Kyoto - Yamagiwa reverse - Honda NSX Gr.4

Q - 1st
R - 7th
P - 115 (277 in total from 3/5 races)

For comparison, my best lap in practice (as in Q and in race afterwards were similar values) was 4.5s behind top spot. Took the pole in last flying lap.
Start of race was great, as i led the field. In the downhill esses i got tailhappy and lost my spot, but guy who overtook me, slowed down (may be the penalty), so i came back to P1. I maintained my position till end of lap 5, where once again i had spin in the esses (and i was more scared of the chicane., where i was losing few tenths each lap. I continued on 5th, in lap 7 i got to P3, yet messed up in R35 hairpin and went wide, lost my spot again. From that moment i was just catching guys in front of me. My fastest in race lap came in last lap - 1:47.1.

So a bit disappointed to know i messed another race I could win. :banghead: 212 todays points is relatively good, for driver of my skills.

Haven't raced any of the FIA cup races until today. DR:B SR:A

Nations cup, racing Interlagos in the BMW M3.
Qualified in second with a 1.33.1 - top qualifier was FAST with a 1.32.5
First corner, some ******** in a beetle comes flying up beside me, forces me off the track - I manage to get back onto the track spinning a little and P4 see's me spinning around but drives into my back end anyways.
Punts me down to P18 after qualifying in P2.

I contemplated quitting, but race myself back up to P9.

Manufacturers cup, racing for Ferrari.

Qualified in 3rd, the mustang who qualified in 2nd was a little slow and loose coming out of the right left of turn 2/3 and bumped me off track as I was going around his outside.
Ended up dropping to 6th, got as high as 4th, but some sloppy racing on my end dropped me down to 5th place finish.

Overall incredibly disappointed with the Nations cup, as I had the pace to win that event if I wasn't punted off track on the first ****ing corner of a 10 lap race and Interlagos is one of my favorite tracks.

Manufactures was meh, I'm not a huge fan of Kyoto, and especially not Kyoto in reverse - so I surprised myself with a P3 qualifier - but deserved to finish 5th with the inconsistent driving I managed.

Manufacturers Cup - Brads Hatch GP - Honda NSX Gr.3

Q - 14th
R - Dead last, wait, no, moving up 2 turns to go and one up after penalty calculated ^^
P - 21 (277 in total from 3/6 races, no change)

As newly promoted to DR C tier, had a nice practice time (again, 3.6s behind top), yet 1s slower in Q and another 1.5s slower in race. Race itself was disaster, from my point of view, not a carnage and destruction derby, that not. Been wide in turn 3, lost few places, had a good part of race then though, for 4-5 laps, yet then i lost my consistency, messed up few corners in each following lap, struggling to catch the front, losing all places to opponents. In last lap i was dead last, after being wide after turn 1. So i just wanted to finish this race and forget about it. 2 turns to go there was one guy wide and slipped into wall, so i won one place back. In the finish i then moved one place more as there was one guy with 14s penalty. Other than that, even on the back of the field, we had nice fights there, bumper on bumper, yet all was correct from each rider - when messed up everyone kept free road for faster guys approaching from behind.

Nations Cup

Happily skipping this Honda Sport VGT event.

Manufacturers Cup - Brads Hatch GP - Honda NSX Gr.3

Q - 14th
R - Dead last, wait, no, moving up 2 turns to go and one up after penalty calculated ^^
P - 21 (277 in total from 3/6 races, no change)

As newly promoted to DR C tier, had a nice practice time (again, 3.6s behind top), yet 1s slower in Q and another 1.5s slower in race. Race itself was disaster, from my point of view, not a carnage and destruction derby, that not. Been wide in turn 3, lost few places, had a good part of race then though, for 4-5 laps, yet then i lost my consistency, messed up few corners in each following lap, struggling to catch the front, losing all places to opponents. In last lap i was dead last, after being wide after turn 1. So i just wanted to finish this race and forget about it. 2 turns to go there was one guy wide and slipped into wall, so i won one place back. In the finish i then moved one place more as there was one guy with 14s penalty. Other than that, even on the back of the field, we had nice fights there, bumper on bumper, yet all was correct from each rider - when messed up everyone kept free road for faster guys approaching from behind.

Nations Cup

Happily skipping this Honda Sport VGT event.
Doing Brands now. Got demoted to D driver rating even though not played, so this will be csrnage at paddock hill and druids in lap one...

Doing Brands now. Got demoted to D driver rating even though not played, so this will be csrnage at paddock hill and druids in lap one...

Well, some carnage. Managed to survive and up to P4 from p12 after getting punted off three times in qualy. Then some asshat smashed me off at paddock on lap four, spent 15s in the gravel and then got another 10s penalty for privilege. Still beat the **** though from dead last to seventh. ****ing furious.

Sorry if it’s been posted but when does the test season finish and start for real ?

Thanks
The proper FIA events should start in March or April, although no schedule has been announced that I can tell.

Just a quick note. I'm trying to refine my guesses on how the points system works. So if you're posting a result in here and want to help out, please provide the following:
Your finishing position
Your points score
The DR ratings for you and everyone in your lobby (just the numbers of S, A, B, C, D and E-ranked drivers)

So for example if I had a race today in an entirely B-ranked lobby, came 12th and scored 270pt, I'd note:
Finished: 12th
Drivers: B-20

If there were two C-ranked drivers and four A-ranked drivers, I'd have noted:
Drivers: A-4, B-14, C-2

We're not going to nail these numbers down... ever. But we can get close. Ish. Probably.

PD have changed the times on the FiA Test Season 3 for Asia Pacific, putting New Zealand at midnight till 4 in the morn, effectively removing a country from competing. I'm very disappointed if it stays that way. Prior it was 10pm till 2am, which running 10pm races was borderline but ok.

Tonight's results:

Suzuka:

Finished: 3rd
Drivers: B-6, C-3, D-10

Brands:

Finished: 9th
Drivers: A-1, B-14, D-4, Strange no C

Sorry for being away from this thread. Been busy with life and the decal uploader, making and uploading and fixing ones that doesn't upload correctly.. I might need help with updating the OP here. Either: I update it once a week WITHOUT mention of # of laps, or I get help.. :P

New race times make it impossible for me to participate...why not just add more races or spread it out a bit more, I don't get it?! Why would you exclude your customers from enjoying your product?? Shouldn't it even be better for the servers if the peak times are spread out? What's a possible reason

I know that, you want to understand the point system,But where are the numbers from?
it is the count of drivers with E, C, D, B, A or S DR in your room, as stated in the post from Famine

The proper FIA events should start in March or April, although no schedule has been announced that I can tell.

Just a quick note. I'm trying to refine my guesses on how the points system works. So if you're posting a result in here and want to help out, please provide the following:
Your finishing position
Your points score
The DR ratings for you and everyone in your lobby (just the numbers of S, A, B, C, D and E-ranked drivers)

So for example if I had a race today in an entirely B-ranked lobby, came 12th and scored 270pt, I'd note:
Drivers: B-20

If there were two C-ranked drivers and four A-ranked drivers, I'd have noted:
Drivers: A-4, B-14, C-2

We're not going to nail these numbers down... ever. But we can get close. Ish. Probably.

Had an epic race in FIA Nations at Yamagiwa. Qualified 8th. People are so stupid in Qualifying. Whats the need to Overtake so aggressively in a freakin Outlap . Make space and have a clean lap but no They hit each other, atleast 4 guys Spun coz they were fighting in a freakin Quali lap.

Anyways, never had a more tense race before. It was so fast and nervy. Constant swap between 4,5 and 6th starting from lap 3rd till 8th.

One guy was ramming into people who ever passed him. I mean seriously?

Finished 4th. Epic Epic race.DR almost B now.

Also, PD have changed time. First race here in India used to be at 11:30pm but now its 10:30pm. Good Job PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Won the 1st race and bagged 950+ points (cant remember exactly) my biggest points haul yet :D Nearly got my "A" DR rating. Manufacturers Race 1. Having watched the replay everyone seemed very clean lap one which was a huge surprise, maybe the realisation that dive bombing 7 people into turn 1 isn't going to end well is hitting home. Everyone DR:B SR:S.

Nations Cup - Kyoto Yamagiwa - Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3

My status: C/S
Room status: C-4, D-16

Q - 4th
R - 3rd
P - 176

Had a great race from begin to end, no big mistakes, although almost spinned by one guy in lap 1. right after chicane. I kept myself on track and the guy behind me, so i could concentrate on the race again. From P8 i started to climb up, keeping the pace of guys in front of me and waiting on the one moment. It came 3 laps to go, after esses i was faster than guy in front of me, but during overtake i pushed him harder than i wanted so i decided to give him the place back. However, in the chicane he had a bit problems so i was again faster than him on exit, and this time passed by him without contact before the hairpin. In the end of next lap i passed one more guy and i was on P3, where i managed to finish this amazing race.

My first Podium, yay! :D

Manufacturers Cup - Dragon Trail - Volkswagen Scirocco Gr.4
(yup, i signed contract with VW ^^)

My status: C/S (still)
Room status: C-20

Q - 12th
R - 11th
P - 140

As of Scirocco is to much understeery, i didn't expect much from this race at all. Q proved me right about this, as P12 on start wasn't much, well, decent though. Race proved me wrong. I had really fun, fighting my way up through the field, fighting up with the huge understeer, messed up busstop twice in the race, but other than that, it was a great start to the Test Season 3.

Edit: just got a consumed fuel achievement with 10030 liters of fuel used, that made up the earned Mi points achievement with 100000+ Mi points, and last but not least - Promoted to level 31. :D

Last edited:
Won the 1st race and bagged 950+ points (cant remember exactly) my biggest points haul yet :D Nearly got my "A" DR rating. Manufacturers Race 1. Having watched the replay everyone seemed very clean lap one which was a huge surprise, maybe the realisation that dive bombing 7 people into turn 1 isn't going to end well is hitting home. Everyone DR:B SR:S.

Well done, nice win, I was the guy in 2nd :)

Back