The Final Car/Track List Whining and Crying Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Farushi, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Farushi

Farushi

Since you can't discuss them in those pinned threads...

Car list:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8684773.html#full_car_list_2017_Oct

Track list:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/05/the-cars-and-tracks-of-gran-turismo-sport/

---

No McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, Ford GT 2017, Audi R8 V10, Lexus LFA. No Pagani, Maserati, Koenigsegg, Lotus... What a disaster.

And the car list is bloated with fake cars and duplicates.

No Spa, Le Mans, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley or Deep Forest either.

Also what happened to Redbull Ring? It was a dlc track in GT6 (so probably the newest track they had made) and it just disappeared.

breyzipp, VBR, Flying Scots and 6 others like this.
  2. Topsu

Topsu

All signs point to massive amounts of DLC and keeping GT Sport active for years. If that's not the case, then this franchise is dead to me. Not having so many essential cars and tracks, even after a year long delay, is odd.

3. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

No Ford GT. Where is the Ford GT?
    In regards to the duplicates and fake cars, I can see how the same car model being in several classes can get a bit samey, but I don't see the GTR'17 as being a duplicate of the GT3 model. As for fake cars, I don't really have a problem with them, at all. I can't care less if a car is real or not. If it looks great, sounds great and drives great(in game), i'm fine with it. I'd personally take a bunch of VGT's and GT originals as opposed to 30 "different" Skylines or Miatas.

4. TS050

TS050 Premium

a) we live in the age of DLC and updates

b) does this really warrant a new thread you could easily talk about this in the existing whining and crying thread

5. Timlour

Timlour

I said this in the general discussion thread, but I really can't fathom why PD have gone and made their own road car variants of their own race car variants of road cars. I'm more than willing to meet PD halfway when it comes to the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, but they're really pushing it here.

breyzipp and cutmeamango like this.
  6. Master Weasel

Master Weasel Premium

This is PD we're talking about.

jake2013guy and koldar.308 like this.
  7. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

I thought it would be much worse. Lots of lovely surprises and modern machines. I'm pleased with the car list.

The new fictional tracks better be good though.

8. Vspectra

Vspectra

Crappiest car list of any GT and current gen racer. Now that they have enough cars to satisfy the FIA requirements, hope most of their DLC focus is on real production street cars and classic racing cars.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    koldar.308 and Flying Scots like this.
  9. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

It could have been better, but I think is not that bad, obviously are tracks like Le mans, Spa or Silverstone that are missing, but most probably they will add those tracks in DLC's (hopefully free of charge to do not divide the user base a la DRIVECLUB). Considerong the quaility of the interiors and sounds in the cars I think we got a pretty solid number (even if you consider Gr3 and Gr4 duplicates which are not)

SZRT Ice and GT6champNK_69 like this.
  10. Lain

Lain Premium

a) We live in the now. We can't drive future DLC now.

b) Probably not. :lol:

11. Vspectra

Vspectra

Gr3 and Gr4 might not be considered duplicates, but they got street versions of Gr3 which is the exact same wide body without the tail and livery. Gr4 is basically the street model with a lip splitter and tail, kits we could just customize and add on in previous games. Hope they don't do this for the DLC.

12. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

Yes, fornutally there only 6 or 7 seven ars with this situation in the car list?, here what can be questioned is the speed that PD needs to bring constant and enrinched updates to the car and track list, I think that they souhld focus in the first 3 or 4 motnhs to bring at least 5 tracks (Spa, Le mans, Silverstone, Monza and Red Bull Ring at the top of the list) and some car variety based in Kaz interviews (R34, Supra, 350Z, RX7, BMW I8, Aventador, classic muscle cars, etc)

SZRT Ice, cutmeamango and Vspectra like this.
  13. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

I personally like the Gr.3 Corvette road car. I don't know why, but if I ever get a Corvette C7, I'd love to find a bodykit that's close to that.

14. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Prepare for the truckloads of post-release content on GT Sport, cause it's the only GT game that's gonna be on the PS4. Mark my words.

Also there's been a lot of talk in interviews about GT Sport being treated as a service. Sounds like post-release support to me.

Insert "source please" here

I-Runner, GT6champNK_69 and j0nny0093 like this.
  15. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Got a link to some of those interviews? Any of them involve anyone even remotely connected with Sony or PD?

16. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

17. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

18. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid

I think this game is far more likely to get more DLC than 5 and 6 considering both of those games already had way more cars than most people even used. And since it’s online oriented there is more incentive to do it to keep up interest in the title.

19. Snaeper

Snaeper Premium

The car list is exactly what I expected it to be.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  20. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

I think you're asking too much too soon. I believe PD at some point will maybe add Trial Mountain or a classic original circuit, but that takes time. Same goes with cars. If PD were to take the time to model let's say 700+ cars from scratch, it would take a long time and would probably cause another delay.

And for the record, the '09 Lotus Evora is in the game.

21. gtone339

gtone339

Le Mans is now part of the Scapes photo location now. Shame that P.D hasn't added the track in time. :(

http://www.gran-turismo.com/images/c/i1SHsZl9nyMWz.jpg

22. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The circuit list is absolutely awful. Where is Red Bull Ring which only arrived in GT6? Surely that was made with future games in mind.

The car list is just about bearable, and there are quite a few really cool cars, but the focus on so many GT3 / Gr3 has left many amazing machines sidelined.

Obviously going forward PD really need to add great depth to the car and circuit offering and I will be interested to see how efficient they are in this area.

SDSPOWER01 and j0nny0093 like this.
  23. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Materials, shaders, assets are completely different for GTS, so other than what they scanned and photographed, and maybe some models?, it wasn't made with GTS in mind.

---

And I agree with the concerns on Road Car versions of Gr.3/B. Their sole purpose seems to be filling the higher N brackets, which is ehhhhhh. I have to see their interiors but it doesn't look positive.

I'd much prefer if they got in contact with tuning/performance builders from/close to manufacturers and produced "GT Performance" tuned cars with different body kits.

The rest aren't "dupes" because I luckily have a brain and eyes.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Timlour and Scuderia Paul like this.
  24. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

25. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

If you're like me and care more about real cars that you can actually buy in real life and drive on public roads, you're only getting 43 cars.

Yes, 43.

N 100
    Mazda Roadster S (ND)
    Toyota S-FR

N 200
    Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition
    Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport
    BMW i3
    Citroën DS3 Racing
    Mazda Atenza Sedan XD L Package
    Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport
    Peugeot RCZ GT Line
    Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy
    Toyota 86 GT
    Volkswagen Golf VII GTI

N 300
    Audi TTS Coupé
    Ford Focus ST
    Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
    Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
    Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy
    Subaru WRX STI Type S

N 400
    Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
    BMW M4 Coupé
    Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
    Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4MATIC

N 500
    Chevrolet Camaro SS
    Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7)
    Jaguar F-type R Coupé
    Lexus LC500
    Lexus RC F
    Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT S
    Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)

N 600
    Dodge Viper GTS
    Ferrari 458 Italia
    Honda NSX
    Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4
    McLaren MP4-12C
    Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
    Nissan GT-R Premium Edition

N 700
    Dodge Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
    McLaren 650S Coupe

N 800
    Aston Martin One-77
    Lamborghini Veneno

N 1000
    Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    Ferrari LaFerrari

Pretty underwhelming, eh? This is the lowest count of road-going cars of any GT, including Prologue. I'm still going to buy it, though...

Imari, Rinsky, SDSPOWER01 and 2 others like this.
  26. Greatbee

Greatbee

It's quality over quantity.. but in future updates/dlc there will be more cars.

27. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Your fault then. :lol:

Seriously by paying money for this we validate what they have done.

28. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Visually yes. Everything else, we will see.

How many? How often? How much? What ratio of road to race?

Without that kind of info right now it doesn't help someone looking to buy GTS at launch.

GT has always been a series that favours production cars over race cars, this release changes that quite considerably.

If you compare it to PC2, which has always favoured race over road, that also has 43 production road cars (22% of the total cars in it), while currently AC is the one for production car fans (on PS4) with 72 (53% of its total cars).

GTS is unquestionably out of kilter with the series norms, and while for some that's not an issue (myself included - I have a bigger issue with the Vision GT cars), for others its a fundamental problem with this title. Promises of what may come in future DLC (given PD's track record in this area) are unlikley to change that issue for many. Nor does it invalidate the point for them.

breyzipp, I-Runner, Pete05 and 6 others like this.
  29. dacc10

dacc10

I think that's the problem many of us have. Those fictional tracks don't seem as interesting as some from previews games. El Capitan comes to mind, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi and others mentioned above. I mean, ovals? Why ovals?
    As for real tracks, we have 4 or 5 variants of one of the least interesting tracks in the world, Willow Springs, while leaving out some of the most iconic tracks.

I'm worried that if they don't start releasing new content soon after release, people will quickly lose interest in the game.
    If in the past people would keep their interest in the game even if it was just by grinding to buy their favorite cars, now that won't happen when many favorites are not even in the game.

30. George Jakob

George Jakob

First of all this cars you gave as an example most likely will be added later. Now as for the fake & duplicate cars whats the problem? they are awesome look at the Impreza Gr.3 F-Type Gr.3 etc
    also they may be based on the same car but they are not GT6 like Duplicates thet have performance Difference's & Different Purpose's.
    For the track list i agree but tracks like Sarthe are Confirmed & under Homologation. So not the drama after all & Remember GT1 & GT3 were like that but now are legendary