The Final Car/Track List Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter Farushi
  • 119 comments
Since you can't discuss them in those pinned threads...

Car list:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8684773.html#full_car_list_2017_Oct

Track list:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/05/the-cars-and-tracks-of-gran-turismo-sport/

---

No McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, Ford GT 2017, Audi R8 V10, Lexus LFA. No Pagani, Maserati, Koenigsegg, Lotus... What a disaster.

And the car list is bloated with fake cars and duplicates.

No Spa, Le Mans, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley or Deep Forest either.

Also what happened to Redbull Ring? It was a dlc track in GT6 (so probably the newest track they had made) and it just disappeared.

No old great cars, like Lancia Delta, Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Countach. Most of the cars are new models , duplicates and fake .

Talking about tracks, on GT6 if I remember the last track added was Midfield Raceway ( made from scratch ) . It's a shame that all of the greatest GT series tracks miss this chapter. Ok , they surely are non-real tracks, but they're something that for us represent something real.

Visually yes. Everything else, we will see.

How many? How often? How much? What ratio of road to race?

Without that kind of info right now it doesn't help someone looking to buy GTS at launch.

GT has always been a series that favours production cars over race cars, this release changes that quite considerably.

If you compare it to PC2, which has always favoured race over road, that also has 43 production road cars (22% of the total cars in it), while currently AC is the one for production car fans (on PS4) with 72 (53% of its total cars).

GTS is unquestionably out of kilter with the series norms, and while for some that's not an issue (myself included - I have a bigger issue with the Vision GT cars), for others its a fundamental problem with this title. Promises of what may come in future DLC (given PD's track record in this area) are unlikley to change that issue for many. Nor does it invalidate the point for them.
So my advice for those who are not sure about GTS, lets wait after the game will be 6 month around, but for now we can only speculate wich, how often and how many cars will be.
For me, as a GT fan, I am happy for this product with this information what we have, I pre-ordered, I played beta and now Im waiting for demo. 👍

First of all this cars you gave as an example most likely will be added later.
There's no "most likely" about it. We have no idea what PD will add after launch.
Now as for the fake & duplicate cars whats the problem? they are awesome look at the Impreza Gr.3 F-Type Gr.3 etc
also they may be based on the same car but they are not GT6 like Duplicates thet have performance Difference's & Different Purpose's.
Some people, like me, prefer real cars over fictional cars just like some people prefer Ferrari's and dislike Porsche's. It's called personal preference and I'm always baffled as to why people feel the need to question someone's personal preferences when it comes to VGT cars.
For the track list i agree but tracks like Sarthe are Confirmed & under Homologation. So not the drama after all & Remember GT1 & GT3 were like that but now are legendary
GT1 and GT3 were more than a decade ago. Times change, expectations rise. This is normal.

It'd be interesting if the base content, particularly the tracks, were effectively 'Season 1' content in relation to the FIA Championships, with future tracks coming in for the next couple of years and new seasons...

There's no "most likely" about it. We have no idea what PD will add after launch.
Some people, like me, prefer real cars over fictional cars just like some people prefer Ferrari's and dislike Porsche's. It's called personal preference and I'm always baffled as to why people feel the need to question someone's personal preferences when it comes to VGT cars.
GT1 and GT3 were more than a decade ago. Times change, expectations rise. This is normal.
agreed in everything you said but that dosen't mean GT sport will fail like many pepole say

Wait, did I miss something?
yes Sarthe map can be found in the interior of TS050 Hybrid so that pretty much confirm's it will come latter but due to the FIA Partnership every track must go under homologation first like irl

agreed in everything you said but that dosen't mean GT sport will fail like many pepole say
Of course.
yes Sarthe map can be found in the interior of TS050 Hybrid so that pretty much confirm's it will come latter but due to the FIA Partnership every track must go under homologation first like irl
Nope. What is this homologation process like in real life? Have a link to that?

yes Sarthe map can be found in the interior of TS050 Hybrid so that pretty much confirm's it will come latter
No it doesn't. It just means they have modeled the interior well.

Its not confirmation that Le Mans is coming.

but due to the FIA Partnership every track must go under homologation first like irl
Ahh the vague marketing homologation thing again.

I think that's the problem many of us have. Those fictional tracks don't seem as interesting as some from previews games. El Capitan comes to mind, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi and others mentioned above. I mean, ovals? Why ovals?
As for real tracks, we have 4 or 5 variants of one of the least interesting tracks in the world, Willow Springs, while leaving out some of the most iconic tracks.

I'm worried that if they don't start releasing new content soon after release, people will quickly lose interest in the game.
If in the past people would keep their interest in the game even if it was just by grinding to buy their favorite cars, now that won't happen when many favorites are not even in the game.

They have enough content to hold interest for a while in my opinion. If they add 3-4 more real world tracks by next year, then I'm good. The fantasy tracks are hit and miss. Dragon Trail is so much fun with the GT3 class. Hope the other Tokyo layouts are fun.

I'm actually not put off by this car number. Remember that many regard GT3 A Spec as being the best in the series and that game only came with approximately 170 cars. We do live in the age of DLC, but let's look more at how things are divided. There are absolutely no older cars in the lineup, right? Perhaps we see a classic car group appear at a later time. Tracks can be modeled and added. Cars can be placed into groups.

If they want you to stay engaged in the game for the long term, DLC is how they keep it fresh. They probably have dozens of other models ready to keep that pipeline from slowing down. Think of MMOs. They keep us with patches and upgrades.

"But the game is going to have 500 cars…" They took 4 years to make 160 cars! When will they reach that number? 2030?!

Talking like they just started modelling them the day after GT6 came out? They were still modelling some cars for GT6 into 2016. The reality is you don't know when they actually started work on this stuff.

If there's one thing that really bothers me, it's the exclusion of the Lotus Evora. I love how the car sounds in beta, so there might be a chance of it to be featured in DLC?

Road car.
Evo X Gr.4 :confused:
Production-based racing car. Must use original body shell, with modification permissible for strengthening (including additional welds) and safety (including interior skin panels) purposes. Roll cage, race-grade fuel tank, polycarbonate windows, homologated seats and harnesses, rapid release steering wheel are commonly mandatory, and some grades use regulation engines and subframe assemblies.
Evo X Gr.3 :indiff:
Tube-frame racing car. Very rarely shares any significant parts with the road car, although floorpan and basic powertrain layout are common - engine and gearbox are similar to, but radically different from, road version. Body panels usually superficially similar, but not identical and commonly made of lighter weight materials. Rear-wheel drive by regulation.
Evo X Gr.B :mad:
Tube-frame racing car. Very rarely shares any significant parts with the road car - similar to GT3, except for different regulation set for rally vehicles. Bespoke engine, gearbox, drivetrain and four-wheel drive by regulation. Required to be road legal, including full lighting and IVA regulations.
Evo X Gr.B Road Version :banghead:
Road car based on rally car, commonly required for series homologation purposes. May not be related in any way to original road car. Will share power/drivetrain components with Group B rally car, but commonly slightly sanitised for daily road use and normal service intervals. Full interior, no roll cage, normal standard road glass (sometimes side windows remain polycarbonate), seats (sometimes remaining as racing models), usually seatbelts (requiring road legal fixings) rather than harnesses.

It's like you've seized on these five cars as being the same thing because they all have "Evo X" in the name, when really they're all rather different - as every other part of the name should tell you. Would you consider the GT-R Nismo and the Nismo GT-R as duplicates, despite one being a four seat, four-wheel drive, 600hp road car and the other being a single-seat, LMP-1 class, 1,000hp hybrid? Probably not.

If you're going to point to duplicates, there's two almost identical M6 GT3s with different liveries to look at.

Like it was mentioned before, this means nothing.

They have enough content to hold interest for a while in my opinion. If they add 3-4 more real world tracks by next year, then I'm good. The fantasy tracks are hit and miss. Dragon Trail is so much fun with the GT3 class. Hope the other Tokyo layouts are fun.

It depends on what kind of player each one of us is.
For me atleast, I'm missing many road cars. Some of the N classes, as opposed to Gr.3, either have a laughable amount of cars in them or their cars make no sense to match up together. 650S vs Dodge Charger Hellcat? M4 in a class where there's no C63 AMG nor an RS4? Just like the original tracks,the car list is a complete hit or miss.
Dragon Trail is amazing, but then you have that oval.

Talking like they just started modelling them the day after GT6 came out? They were still modelling some cars for GT6 into 2016. The reality is you don't know when they actually started work on this stuff.
The reality is also that the DLC for GT6 is equivalent to the work of a handful of modelers for one year, not the entire team and not for the nearly four years since the game was launched.

So yes, I think we can safely say, unless they were sitting around twiddling their thumbs, the modelers have spent most of their time modeling for GT Sport.

Last edited:
My reaction when I see the word "duplicate" tossed around in this thread:

upload_2017-10-6_9-55-40.png

Remember that many regard GT3 A Spec as being the best in the series and that game only came with approximately 170 cars.

That over-simplifies, though. GT3 came out nearly 17 years ago, and while it had a similar car count to GT Sport, it was the largest that generation had seen up until that point. That's not the case this go-round. There was also a lot more diversity in GT3's car list: JGTC, a V8 Supercar, F1 cars, real-world rally cars, older car models, etc.

The big difference of course (and it's a good one) is that Sport can benefit from post-launch support. We just don't know what that will be. Yet...

Which GT6 cars were being modelled last year?

It's just math. 160-ish cars so far; even if we assume work didn't begin on Sport until the day before the unveiling in October 2015 (which we know isn't the case), that's two years. 340 cars, at the same rate, would take an additional four years and a bit.

Perhaps there have been more made — substantially more if that 500 total is the goal — and have been intentionally held back. Though, over the years, there's been a lot of rage directed at other franchises on the assumed basis of them doing just that.

Maybe PD has streamlined the car modelling process, and it no longer takes six man-months for a single car. We haven't heard otherwise yet — and the numbers roughly align between PS3/PS4 eras — but it's entirely possible. If I had to guess, working to transform a PS3 Premium car to Sport quality would take less time than starting from scratch, so that'd work.

But then, we're left wondering how that will be added to the game. Free? I can't think of a pure racing game that's tripled its launch car count without asking for a penny. Paid? It'd have to be substantially lower than the genre average (~$1 per car) to avoid being very expensive. A mix? Seems likely.

Of course.
Nope. What is this homologation process like in real life? Have a link to that?
Hope these will help. https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&sour...TBLYQFggjMAM&usg=AOvVaw2eqo7lvfBEcsMV_AUCt9pk

https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&sour...TBLYQFgghMAI&usg=AOvVaw3dkPqhoYWnXHnjV2VKx5KE

No it doesn't. It just means they have modeled the interior well.

Its not confirmation that Le Mans is coming.
Yes & no it makes you wonder why sarthe & not any other Wec track like Cota etc. also what about the scape?

Ahh the vague marketing homologation thing again.
is true tho

Hope these will help.
Not really. They explain real-life homologation process for circuits. They don't show that Gran Turismo Sport's circuits must also be homologated, as you claim here:
but due to the FIA Partnership every track must go under homologation first like irl
We'd love to know how you know this, because we don't and it would go very nicely on the blog if it's true.

Not really. They explain real-life homologation process for circuits. They don't show that Gran Turismo Sport's circuits must also be homologated, as you claim here:

We'd love to know how you know this, because we don't and it would go very nicely on the blog if it's true.
i Remember Kaz & FIA stating that That make sense if you consider its the official Game kind of

Until anything is announced we don't know so no point guessing or in, in fact, stating those things as facts.

Yes & no it makes you wonder why sarthe & not any other Wec track like Cota etc. also what about the scape?
What about the scape? None of this confirms Le Mans is coming. As for why model it? Most likley because it was the Le Man car they modeled.

Is it highly likely it will? Yes.

Is this confirmation or even close to confirmation? No.

is true tho
Which bit?

That the FIA and PD have a marketing agreement that they hope will benefit both or that Le Mans is being delayed so that the FIA can homologate a digital version of it?

What about the scape? None of this confirms Le Mans is coming. As for why model it? Most likley because it was the Le Man car they modeled.

Is it highly likely it will? Yes.

Is this confirmation or even close to confirmation? No.

Which bit?

That the FIA and PD have a marketing agreement that they hope will benefit both or that Le Mans is being delayed so that the FIA can homologate a digital version of it?
the first one

Your fault then. :lol:

Seriously by paying money for this we validate what they have done.
Blind loyal fans are getting the game they deserve.

That map is also in the cockpit of the LMP1 cars and the Toyota in Assetto Corsa, but the track isn't in game nor is it coming. You have jumped to conclusions.

Back