The Final Car/Track List Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter Farushi
  • 119 comments
if you guys can't i don't have any luck
It's not that we can't find it, but that we've never heard it. You keep on stating it, so you obviously have a different source than us. We'd like to see it so that we can write about it.

It's not that we can't find it, but that we've never heard it. You keep on stating it, so you obviously have a different source than us. We'd like to see it so that we can write about it.
im going with everyone else its a rumor that makes much sense

im going with everyone else its a rumor that makes much sense
Wait, it's definitely happening and you're telling people it's a real thing, and Kaz definitely said it in an interview one time... but it's just a rumour?

*sigh*

Road car.
Production-based racing car. Must use original body shell, with modification permissible for strengthening (including additional welds) and safety (including interior skin panels) purposes. Roll cage, race-grade fuel tank, polycarbonate windows, homologated seats and harnesses, rapid release steering wheel are commonly mandatory, and some grades use regulation engines and subframe assemblies.
Tube-frame racing car. Very rarely shares any significant parts with the road car, although floorpan and basic powertrain layout are common - engine and gearbox are similar to, but radically different from, road version. Body panels usually superficially similar, but not identical and commonly made of lighter weight materials. Rear-wheel drive by regulation.
Tube-frame racing car. Very rarely shares any significant parts with the road car - similar to GT3, except for different regulation set for rally vehicles. Bespoke engine, gearbox, drivetrain and four-wheel drive by regulation. Required to be road legal, including full lighting and IVA regulations.
Road car based on rally car, commonly required for series homologation purposes. May not be related in any way to original road car. Will share power/drivetrain components with Group B rally car, but commonly slightly sanitised for daily road use and normal service intervals. Full interior, no roll cage, normal standard road glass (sometimes side windows remain polycarbonate), seats (sometimes remaining as racing models), usually seatbelts (requiring road legal fixings) rather than harnesses.

It's like you've seized on these five cars as being the same thing because they all have "Evo X" in the name, when really they're all rather different - as every other part of the name should tell you. Would you consider the GT-R Nismo and the Nismo GT-R as duplicates, despite one being a four seat, four-wheel drive, 600hp road car and the other being a single-seat, LMP-1 class, 1,000hp hybrid? Probably not.

If you're going to point to duplicates, there's two almost identical M6 GT3s with different liveries to look at.
I recognize when I'm defeated in a discussion.
Still, I don't like this car list and I think it's the worst in all the series.
Maybe I'll buy this game when it reaches 500 cars.

I'm actually not put off by this car number. Remember that many regard GT3 A Spec as being the best in the series and that game only came with approximately 170 cars.

And those cars could be modified. So by the standards of GTS, where anything with different performance parts on it counts as a unique car, GT3 probably gets well past a thousand cars.

Really, GTS doesn't clear the bar of GT5P by that much.

I recognize when I'm defeated in a discussion.

It'll reach 500 with 4 variations of each.
So when it reaches 125?

Both perfectly acceptable opinions to have, and statements to make. Using the word "duplicate" was the main issue.

What i don't understand is how does PD go threw the McLaren car list and completely ignore the McLaren F1 GTR LM and McLaren P1 GTR.

Those two cars would had made a wonderful addition to the game :)

What i don't understand is how does PD go threw the McLaren car list and completely ignore the McLaren F1 GTR LM and McLaren P1 GTR.

Those two cars would had made a wonderful addition to the game :)
maybe Mclaren didn't let them

Worst car and track list ever... Only one road going BMW and Audi and it's the TTS... where's the new R8 Plus? Disaster... Prologue made for 4 years and for a full price.

Worst car and track list ever... Only one road going BMW and Audi and it's the TTS... where's the new R8 Plus? Disaster... Prologue made for 4 years and for a full price.
The R8 plus is more than likely be included vie DLC. Kaz has promised us 500 cars.

The only good thing in this game seems the livery editor, that will allow a decent, realistic car customization.

Tracks: no Fuji, no Silverstone, no Monza, no Le Mans (only to mention those that were present in the previous episode). 👎

Cars: I agree with with those claiming that this is the poorest list in the whole series, with drastic numerical downsizing of cars, and above all, too many duplicates (the recent addition of some breed horse by Toyota and Porsche does not really shift the appetibility of the game).
Another not good trend that has taken this series is the steady increase in fancy machines, which i personally hate.
But the most serious thing is the total absence of Super GT cars, a true battle horse for the series, probably the best category represented in the old chapters (and certainly one of the most loved by the players), which is now TOTALLY ABSENT. 👎

The direction is not good PD. I will not buy a PS4 to play with this downward compromise.

Last edited:
yes but is not clear maybe we get free cars or both lets wait & see

Like most games there will almost certainly be some free cars. But there's no way that Polyphony adds all 300+ cars to the game for free. That would be setting fire to an enormous pile of money, especially since they're likely to only have one game this generation. No developer is that stupid.

Let's hope La Sarthe and maybe even Spa just had some licensing issues just like the Lotus (presumably), and we get them in an update right after release... Here's hoping.

You're very likely to have to pay for them though.

We don't know, we might as well get a couple of cars every update or something, as they finish modelling them. Assuming of course that even this close to release they keep making cars that just didn't make it into the game because they weren't ready yet. Wouldn't mind a nice day one (or week one) patch, bringing a few cars.

Maybe 3 to 6 months after release they will start dropping DLCs and hopefully a sensible season pass.

Like most games there will almost certainly be some free cars. But there's no way that Polyphony adds all 300+ cars to the game for free. That would be setting fire to an enormous pile of money, especially since they're likely to only have one game this generation. No developer is that stupid.
you forgot the most important factor how many cars will PD actually add?

Let's hope La Sarthe and maybe even Spa just had some licensing issues just like the Lotus (presumably), and we get them in an update right after release... Here's hoping.

We don't know, we might as well get a couple of cars every update or something, as they finish modelling them. Assuming of course that even this close to release they keep making cars that just didn't make it into the game because they weren't ready yet. Wouldn't mind a nice day one (or week one) patch, bringing a few cars.

Maybe 3 to 6 months after release they will start dropping DLCs and hopefully a sensible season pass.
No sesson pass please no!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back