The Fish Shop | Updates coming soon!

• Thread starter Cod_Father
  • 1,577 comments
you're back!! with a great update to boot! the first and third are very good. looks like something you'd take in real life, i mean photography wise. but the third one reminds me of motorsports magazine shots a lot. you're making me wanna do a new update again. anyways great to have you back here.

I have missed you. Anyway, I love the first two shots the most Cod_Father.

Thanks TVR&FF:)

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:your pictures are beyond the word of "awesome".

Thanks:) Not sure the pictures are that good, but I'll take the compliment;)

I like the first and third shots. The in-game blur is really nicely done.

:cheers: From another c_f member. :dopey:

Thanks Ceiling_Fan. I wanted to stay as true to the ingame feel as I could. I've done the edited motion blur and don't feel it is as realistic as using what the game gives you... not that the game is truly realistic either but it has a more gritty, dirty look to it which I can appreciate:)

you're back!! with a great update to boot! the first and third are very good. looks like something you'd take in real life, i mean photography wise. but the third one reminds me of motorsports magazine shots a lot. you're making me wanna do a new update again. anyways great to have you back here.

Thanks jgda:) I've taken over 4000 shots with my new camera and feel that I have a better idea at how to shoot properly in GT4 now... although I haven't taken too many pictures of automobiles at all with my camera:D

The fish God is back. Those screens are very lightedited for you, but they have got that touch from real photography.

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks alex. Yeah, they were lightly edited for the most part. I'm getting that habit from my actual photography editing where I only rely on the basics to help the picture become what it wants to be;)

👍 Nice shots man! The first two are my favourites. I like the smooth colour of the first shot, and the dark black and white of the second shot. The viginetting is also very nice. Great stuff, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

lol, it's a bit in the far area. The overall feeling is quite real, as it were being driven in a public road. I'd pay to see you cleaning that, surely you'd get a perfectly polished car with those crazy textures :D

Salu2.alexwrc

hi guys, back again.

Was bored today so I popped Tourist Trophy in a took a couple (really, it was two) shots. Thought this one came out good enough to process. Might be a little too artsy for some, but I like it. Kinda like if Batman rode a Ducatti.;-)

Click to view full size

For even bigger news, please say hello to my son, Spencer:D

baby1smallij8.jpg

Spencer will be making his official debut mid July. My wife and I have been trying to have a child for a number of years and this time it finally happened:) to say we are both very excited would be an extreme understatement.

Congratulations on your son C_F, hope everything goes smoothly for you and your wife. 👍

It's nice to see you around here again, I have missed your shots which were such a big inspiration for me. I like this new one, reminds me of some of [es]'s recent work. The bike almost looks like an animal rather than a machine.
The Peugeot shots are awesome, just your kind of sweet style.

Hope you can update some more, I guess when Spencer comes you won't have much spare time though. :D

the elise is great. very simple yet so much in it. the tt update i'm not so sure, just not my cup of tea. great to have you back here and best of luck to your baby! 👍

Wow, he looks just like you! :lol:👍

Congratulations to you and your wife, I'm sure everything will go well. Youalways seemed a great guy, I'm sure you'll be an excellent parent. :cheers:
Don't forget to teach him all about photography and driving simulations.

The pics of the 205 (sorry I missed them before) look great. The 1st is incredibly realistic, the tones are spot on, and the in-game blur on the 3rd suits it like a glove. Great job as always, C_F! 👍

Congrats C_F about your son:D Hope everything goes well!!!
I will comment now your Peugeot 205 pics...all of them have great quality, lovely tones and in the 3rd one I love the action feeling, well done.
The Lotus...hmm, yeah its cool, and the blur IMO looks well...so its pretty shot mate:tup:
The TT shot, WOW, quite artistic!!! Great work C_F!!

:D :cheers: :D

Congratulations on your son C_F, hope everything goes smoothly for you and your wife. 👍

It's nice to see you around here again, I have missed your shots which were such a big inspiration for me. I like this new one, reminds me of some of [es]'s recent work. The bike almost looks like an animal rather than a machine.
The Peugeot shots are awesome, just your kind of sweet style.

Hope you can update some more, I guess when Spencer comes you won't have much spare time though. :D

Thanks TW:) I'm sure for the first few months there won't be time for much, but I'm looking forward to it. I've wanted to be a Dad for a long time now.

I wanted to convey speed in the Ducatti shot, while leaving it with a more organic feel. Hope that makes sense:D

Long time no see Cod_Father, other than that it is good to hear you will finally have a son.

Thanks TVR. I've been around on the site, just not always logged in. The latest Jaguar shot you have in your gallery is quite nice:)

the elise is great. very simple yet so much in it. the tt update i'm not so sure, just not my cup of tea. great to have you back here and best of luck to your baby! 👍

Thanks jgda. Yeah, the bike shot isn't going to be everyone's cup o tea;) I'm going to try and take the time to get some more shots soon, but I'm still working on our basement (putting flooring down now) and new duties have work have me tired out.

Wow, he looks just like you! :lol:👍

Congratulations to you and your wife, I'm sure everything will go well. Youalways seemed a great guy, I'm sure you'll be an excellent parent. :cheers:
Don't forget to teach him all about photography and driving simulations.

The pics of the 205 (sorry I missed them before) look great. The 1st is incredibly realistic, the tones are spot on, and the in-game blur on the 3rd suits it like a glove. Great job as always, C_F! 👍

Thanks Beerz. I hope I can be as good a parent as my parents were too me:) I told my wife a couple days ago that as soon as he can sit and steer he learning how to play GT ;) My wife was/is a photographer and painter so he'll get the art from both of us.

Congrats C_F about your son:D Hope everything goes well!!!
I will comment now your Peugeot 205 pics...all of them have great quality, lovely tones and in the 3rd one I love the action feeling, well done.
The Lotus...hmm, yeah its cool, and the blur IMO looks well...so its pretty shot mate:tup:
The TT shot, WOW, quite artistic!!! Great work C_F!!

:D :cheers: :D

Thanks NTX:) The Peugot shots were really me being lazy to a point. I figured why not use the in games blurs to my advantage instead of trying to make artificial ones... which take too long to do;-)

Great news for getting a child ... specially when you have been trying for few years 👍
I hope your cat to get along with him :)

Congratulations! I hope he doesn't turn out to be a cod! ;)

Cool shot too, it's really artistic!

I never come into the GT4 section anymore but the big news grabbed my attention. Congratulations on the baby, and I hope everything goes really smoothy for you. 👍

Hey, that's great. You're living one of the most sweet part of your life, you know, so I hope the best for you and your family. We'll have another photochopper for GT16, Polyphony has to be proud :D

Salu2.alexwrc

Great news for getting a child ... specially when you have been trying for few years 👍
I hope your cat to get along with him :)

Thanks franz=) I'm sure the two cats and dog will be ok. They may have their noses out of joint for a while, but we know from having friends over who have small children that the animals love them.

Congratulations! I hope he doesn't turn out to be a cod! ;)

Cool shot too, it's really artistic!

Thanks mini=)

I never come into the GT4 section anymore but the big news grabbed my attention. Congratulations on the baby, and I hope everything goes really smoothy for you. 👍

Thanks Speedster!=)

Hey, that's great. You're living one of the most sweet part of your life, you know, so I hope the best for you and your family. We'll have another photochopper for GT16, Polyphony has to be proud :D

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks alex=) With the way the GT series goes however we'll be lucky to have GT6 before Spencer is ready to do some photoshopping;)

One of the other reasons I've been away for a while is that we are working on our basement and making it a livable area. It's been a long time coming but I was actually down there tonight playing some Tourist Trophy:D

I decided to put this shot up as I believe it came out well. This one should be viewed full size.

Yamaha SR400

Click to view full size

If anyone wants to check out pictures of the basement they can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40770&l=5933a&id=753236608

Haha, that's true, for GT8 being optimist.

I had a problem with the translation, I always thought basement was a military base or something haha, but I see what it means right now. About the TT photo, nothing new to say, it's a pleasure to see your style signing the pic as usually!

Salu2.alexwrc

The bike shot is pretty good, you really know how to use in-game blur. The overall feeling is great, and the way you got the handlebar detail is top notch. 👍

I also checked out all the pics of your basement, and must say that's a hell of a good job you did there. Love the color scheme and all the materials used, looks extremely comfortable and in good taste.
The cat seems to find it comfortable too, and by now I'm guessing he 'owns' your basement. Great looking cat, btw.

Mmmmm, more of that sweet style that I love from you and it's sideways too. Which is always good. :D Lovely lighting, very cool shot.

Love that bike shot too, awesome blur you captured and the colour/tone gives it a old feel, which goes well with the bike.

Checked out the basement pics, looks very nice. You have done a great job. The cat seems to like it, very cute cat too. Always wished we had a basement, but they aren't very common here in NZ.

Hows your wife and baby? Hope all is well and as usual, look forward to seeing more from you. 👍

Nice pictures again ... the 350Z looks like it is standing still
but I love the lighting and the tone

My basement was under renovation as well during last summer
We hire some people to do the work and spent almost $22,000 including material
Kitchen, Shower and two rooms for tenants ... very simple and no fancy stuff

I love those halogen lights you have installed and the green wall looks very interesting as well

very nicely done man! the bike photo is very well done for the era it represents. i love it.
the nissan on the other hand is like it's waiting for a storm to come, the softness is very well done too, must of been that magic 'action' you showed me before :D well done mate!

Hey guys, long time since I've been around. Just a few more weeks and my son will be here. Hope everyone has been keeping well. I drop in every now and again to check on things:)

I was experimenting with some different photoshop stuff I have now. Not my usual work but I figured I'd post it up anyway:D It's quick and dirty.

Click for full size

Thanks for the comments TVR and Alex!

I'm sitting here having a look at the forum and decided to enter one of the comps as a "last hurrah" so to speak. My wife is 39 weeks pregnant and there are signs that Spencer wants to get out and see the world very soon. After he is born I doubt I'll have much time to even visit the forums let alone have time to play GT4 for a while so I want to thank EVERYONE who has visited my galleries and left a comment. I hope that I have inspired some people with the pictures I posted here in the past.

Ciao!

Tony

Back