The Fish Shop | Updates coming soon!

• Thread starter Cod_Father
  • 1,577 comments
you surely have been an inspiration C_F! I have learned a lot from seeing all your great pics. I hope your wifes birth goes well, and that you have an absolute blast with Spencer. Hope you can show us some pics sometime. 👍

i forgot the corrent name, but the playstation car looks great. but that 350z, looks stunning... the lighting and tone look awesome. i always liked your artistic ability. and good luck, hope to see you back soon

thanks swiss and djskyline!

Well, the last nine months have come down to this:

ta da! Hereeeee's Spencer!

spencerbirth221ax2.jpg

He was born yesterday weighing in at a very healthy 9 pounds and 2 ounces. Mom and Spencer are doing great and Dad couldn't be happier!

Good to hear everything went well buddy, he's a beautiful little boy. Like franz said, Spencer is a great name. 👍

Great photo too, I am sure you will capture lots of great ones in the years to come.

Hi guys, just wanted to drop by to confirm I'm still alive ;-)

No GT4 over the last little while but I can't leave you guys hanging without some car pics can I (all pics were taken by me except the wheelie shot)?

My brother in law upgraded the motor in his Daytona to a 572 cubic inch monster. The engine makes about 800 horsepower in basic form and can handle around 1500 with some tuning (and some different parts). It's big, yes, but he wanted something that can take a bit of a beating and not blow up ;-)

Racing_2009_May_Long-20.jpg

Racing_2009_Daytona_motor-3.jpg

I know the motor might not look different to those who may have seen the old one, but it is;-) It is using the same cylinder heads, intake and valve covers as the old, but that's all that is the same.

The additional power means the car will go faster in the 1/4 mile so my brother in law had to install a parachute to comply with regulations.

Racing_2009_May_Long-2.jpg

This is how the car leaves the line now (the front wheels actually get higher than in this shot)

wheelsup.jpg

So how fast is the Daytona now? Hard to say. Last weekend was the first weekend out with the new motor and only 1st and 3rd gear was working. With no 2nd gear the car still ran faster than it did all of last year. The best run was 9.50 at 149 mph and the best 60 foot time was 1.26 seconds (2/10ths faster than last year, which in drag racing is a LOT faster). The transmission should be fixed in time for next weekend so hopefully then we'll see what the car can actually do.

Along with the new motor there is also a NEW car on the team. My brother in laws wife bought a dragster from the US. It's a 235" Boulton Dragster with a 468 cubic inch Chevy (it's a 454 with a small bore). Her car has run 8 second quarter miles at 169 mph.

Racing_2009_May_Long-17.jpg

The graphics are her own design. I wasn't sure about the colors at first but they do seem to work.

Racing_2009_May_Long-19.jpg

Everything (Daytona, dragster, quad, tools, etc) gets towed in a 44 foot trailer but my brother in laws trusty 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 HD Diesel:

Racing_2009_May_Long-7.jpg

I hope every one is well here. I do drop by every now and again to see what's going on. Hopefully some day I'll be back into the GT4 photomode thing... or here's hoping GT5 will have one ;-)

For those interested, my family is doing well. Spencer has grown like a weed (he's 10 months old and about the size of a 2 year old) and is quite happy. The adjustment to fatherhood has been trying at times but overall an excellent experience. Having a child makes you find out a lot about yourself.

Oh yeah, and of course, if you guys are interested you can always check out the latest news and pictures of the race team at http://www.pozernickracing.com

oh my god!!!! I would love a ride in one of those one day. it is a total beast indeed.
it's great to see real dragsters, instead of seeing those stupid front wheel drive dragster wanna be's. i just love how the tires in the back wrinkle when doing a wheelie. what's the compression ratio on the mustang ?

oh my god!!!! I would love a ride in one of those one day. it is a total beast indeed.
it's great to see real dragsters, instead of seeing those stupid front wheel drive dragster wanna be's. i just love how the tires in the back wrinkle when doing a wheelie. what's the compression ratio on the mustang ?

te he, it's a Dodge Daytona ;-)

Compression ratio is 14.5:1

Back from the dead! I have GT5 now and after seeing that there is a photomode section in the GT5 are I'll be putting a new gallery there! I'll let you know when it's ready!

Back