The Fish Shop | Updates coming soon!

• Thread starter Cod_Father
  • 1,577 comments
Holy crap guys:D

I haven't turned on my PS2 for a while now. Still working on the yard and the end is in sight. I don't have any GT4 stuff as of right now so how about a RL shot of my brother in law's Daytona?

wheelsupbytonydicksit0.jpg

I did pick up a new "toy" earlier this month in the way of a new digital SLR. Went with a pentax K10D. My free time since then has been taken up snapping shots. Some of you already know I'm on deviant art, but if you want to check out some of my RL photos, you can see them here: http://tonydicks.deviantart.com

I'll see about getting some GT4 shots up this week. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow so that will put a damper on yard work.

Great powerful shot!!!! Thats American power all over!!
Hope to see those GT4 shots soon too, we must let not GT4 die mate:tup:

Damn that car looks fast!, all I can hear is the sound of engines now, its driving me crazy:crazy:!

Hope to see some GT4 shots soon!

Tommi:D

I was taking a look to deviant art and I'm amazed with the photography I see there. People have got so talent... now is when I think it's better to go sleeping and forget everything lol.

Cool pic you showed in your post. As I said many times, it's so exotic for me! Wonderful look.

Salu2.alexwrc

Damn, that car looks even more powerful on this other shot!
Is it a match to the one on the left? That thing looks mean... :scared:
As alex said, that's pretty exotic for me too, it's unlike anything we have here.

Also I chacked out deviantart, you're one serious photographer. :cheers:
Are those cats all yours?... Beautiful work on the focus there, Tony. 👍

The car isn't as powerful as it looks... well I guess it is, but it's not as powerful as some of the cars normally out at the track. We have a 440 (7.2 litres) in it that puts out about 650 horsepower. Zero to 60 mph is just a shade under 2 seconds.

Beerz, the other car in the shot runs the 1/4 mile in the high 8 second range and around 160 mph. Compared to my brother in laws that runs a bit under a second slower (9.50s to 9.60s) at 140mph. The fastest cars we get out at the track run the 1/4 mile in the low 6 second range at over 200 mph.

Hope one day I could see it in real live, I can't imagine that. I saw a lot of hours of drag video, but those specifications are evilish lol. I think Europeans will think the same.

Salu2.alexwrc

The quality of the shots is quite good mate!!! I specially notice that in the Viper shot, look at that incredible background!! And like LDS said the clouds look amazing!!!
The RL shot has a fantastic colour!! I really like to see all that shiny paint in the car (at least on the door side :lol:)

Hope to see more from U Tony:D

someonelse found HDR i see. good for you man. i havent touched that program for a while now though. nice set of updates you got goin' on. i want that old car in the bush. if i had lots of money i'd buy one and rebuild it.

I saw interesting images of HDR but... after reading a few of webs I think the beter way to improve them is using manual tools as we do. Sometimes various exposure images are needed to do not kill the "bandwich" of dark areas when or adjusting 2 areas with extreme exposure difference in the same image.

I don't know if you added your usual glow to those photos, or it's the HDR. Nice to see the experiment, they are the best HDR I saw on GT.

Salu2.alexwrc

Welcome to the HDR party Cod_Father, but while on the subject of HDR, I have done HDR shots in the past, even jgda9rs, has done HDR shots in the past. However, one thing I found with HDR shots is they need a good amount of time invested into them to take full use of HDR done on top of GT4 shots.

Anyway, before I finish this message, I must say is you have done great with those HDR shots.

Thanks guys. The HDR shots were just an experiment.

Hopefully these shots get a better reception.

Nissan Brothers

Same frame, different angle with a rough attempt at Tilt Shifting

Better attempt at tilt shift

Stunning..abseloutly stunning work C_F:tup: those nissan shots are amazing:tup: a great mood in each shot and a real sense of speed and action, they are very clean too:tup:

thanks

Tommi:D

p.s I love those HDR shots, ive never seen anything like it before:tup:

The first two shots are just stunning, but if I had to pick one out of the two, it would have to be the first.

Thanks guys, glad you liked the shots. I'm going to experiment a bit more with the fake tilt shift look a little later.

Today is kind of a big day as well as it's our (as in me and my wife) fifth wedding anniversary:D

Sometimes I feel like copying some ideas here :D. I don't like very much the blur because it never looks natural. The 1st one has not a lof of contrast, but all of them has a high quality.

I love the frontal relfections of the 2nd photo, and the 3 brothers are a great idea to photograph in that specific place.

Finally, the SLR is another great idea. I think that car is very special, and no all tracks and phototravels are good to fit with its style. I can see now NY is perfect for it and could give amazing shots there.

I wish those ideas came to my mind before... :D

Salu2.alexwrc

Well, I'm back again. I dusted off the DFP and popped in GT4 for some driving. Minimal of editing on the following shots but I was aiming for better composition over cleanliness. Since I've been shooting real world photography with my K10D I've come to appreciate imperfection;)

Any blur was in game. Saturation was reduced in game and as stated I did some minimal editing (curves, color balance, contrast, etc)

Remember to click each photo for a full size view (ie: no resizing done on the original picture).

I believe this is a Peugeot 205 Rally car, although I may be wrong.

Back