The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,350 comments
Bahrain
Island In The Sun
A thread dedicated to cars that you haven't seen in forever, Or forgotten about,
And the car that inspired me to create this thread, The Smart Roadster coupe
image.jpg

The Suzuki Equator. I remember when it first came out, but I haven't seen one in a long time.

There's a guy who lives near me that has an RMZ-4 Equator, which I think was supposed to be similar to the Nissan's PRO-4X package Frontier. Apparently they weren't horrible trucks either.

On the same note, I often forget that Mitsubishi sold a rebranded Dakota.

mitsubishi-raider-6.jpg

Isuzu i-290

A Chevy Colorado named after a busy arterial in Chicagoland; also given a grill that goes great with fava beans and a nice Chianti. Isuzu's last light-truck hurrah in America, which ironically began with the Chevy Luv.

isuzu_i_290_extended_cab_s_2wd_2008_exterior_2.jpg

Isuzu i-290

A Chevy Colorado named after a busy arterial in Chicagoland; also given a grill that goes great with fava beans and a nice Chianti. Isuzu's last light-truck hurrah in America, which ironically began with the Chevy Luv.

isuzu_i_290_extended_cab_s_2wd_2008_exterior_2.jpg
Could be the worst badge engineering I have ever seen.

Chrysler E-Class, the most forgotten K-Car. It was an ultra-luxury K-Car, more luxurious than the Lebarons. Unfortunately, it did not sell well, because it looked too similar to the successful Lebaron, and had a high price tag. Never seen one in person.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ul·tra
[ˈəltrə]
ADVERB

• very; extremely
It is though. It may not be as luxurious as the 1983 Imperial but is more luxurious than Cadillac's Cimarron and all the other K-Cars.

The Aries, Reliant, 600, and Caravelle were the basic K-Cars.
The Lebarons were the luxurious K-Cars
The E-Class was more luxurious than the already luxurious Lebarons, so I guess that would be ultra-luxury.

I'd say the E-Class is basically as luxurious as a Cordoba or a Fifth Avenue, but smaller and front drive.

If it weren't for the fact that it's in the GT series, I probably would have forgotten about the Chrysler Prowler. The only time I've ever seen one was when my dad visited a Dodge/Chrysler dealer to buy his current car. I have never seen one actually on the road or anything.

'01-'02_Chrysler_Prowler_(Orange_Julep).JPG

If it weren't for the fact that it's in the GT series, I probably would have forgotten about the Chrysler Prowler. The only time I've ever seen one was when my dad visited a Dodge/Chrysler dealer to buy his current car. I have never seen one actually on the road or anything.

'01-'02_Chrysler_Prowler_(Orange_Julep).JPG
I don't forget about these, since the woman down the street from me owns one in gold, and never garages it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnos3B-pnLAhVLaz4KHYuXD1AQFggjMAA&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_E-Class&usg=AFQjCNGKboqznmQUUKMzShpvmNoeoF2hlg

From the article.

The Chrysler E-Class was a mid-size-car produced by Chrysler. Introduced in 1983 on a stretched version of the Chrysler K platform, the E-Class was a less expensive, less equipped version of the identical 1983 New Yorker. It was targeted at those who wanted Chrysler luxury, but could not afford the opulence nor hefty price tag of the flagship New Yorker.

Anyone remember the Mitsubishi Tredia?

1983+Mitsubishi+Tredia+4+Door+Sedan+1.jpg

Last edited:
Not the benchmark.

1983 Cadillac Cimarron
5657454946_6e8ab8ac12_z.jpg

1983 Bentley Mulsanne Turbo*
1983%20Bentley%20Mulsanne%20Turbo%20Front%20Interior.jpg

*Not necessarily the benchmark either.
We can't compare the E-Class's interior to other cars, since I can't find any pictures. But the Bentley was well over twice the price of the E-Class, and probably the most extravagant car you could've bought at the time. Here is a picture of a 1984 Lebaron (K-body) interior:
image.jpeg

Looks as luxurious as the Cimarron's interior. Therefore, the E-Class's interior would be more luxurious, since it is a step above both the Lebaron and the Cimarron.

@LM7325 you are right. The E-Class was never the most luxurious Chrysler you could've bought. Think of it as a Fifth Avenue, shrunken and less expensive, but it still is almost as luxurious.

What I'm having an issue with is the use of the word "ultra," as using it to describe any characteristic of an '80s-90s Chrysler product doesn't leave much room for the better that undoubtedly exists.
E-Class is the ultra-luxury K-Car, I said. Never said it was the most ultra-luxury car you could've bought in the 80's.

What I'm having an issue with is the use of the word "ultra," as using it to describe any characteristic of an '80s-90s Chrysler product doesn't leave much room for the better that undoubtedly exists.

How many times do I need to say it? By K-Car and FF standards, the E-Class (and New Yorker) were ultra-luxury. I'm not saying that the E-Class was the most opulent car you could have bought, in fact, it wasn't even close.

Ok, enough is enough. I'm not going to fight, but I will say this: I think that the E-Class and New Yorker were ultra luxurious by front drive, K-Car standards. You do not, and that's fine. But this thread is about discussing cars we don't see anymore, not a debate over the term "ultra-luxurious". I understand that we all have our own opinions, but I think my opinion isn't too far from being correct.

Back