The Forgotten Cars Thread

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by el fayce, Feb 20, 2016.

1. el fayce

el fayce

A thread dedicated to cars that you haven't seen in forever, Or forgotten about,
    And the car that inspired me to create this thread, The Smart Roadster coupe
    image.jpg

ToyGTone, Inferno251, C-ZETA and 4 others like this.
  2. LivingWithGames

LivingWithGames

I have one aswell. I seen it in early days, or younger in the 90's, early 2000's. The Chevrolet Veraneio.
    [​IMG]

I wish I seen this vehicle more often but, it's like it has finally..vanished. It's sad.

Pedinhuh and The87Dodge like this.
  3. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

The Suzuki Equator. I remember when it first came out, but I haven't seen one in a long time.
    image.jpeg

4. LM7325

LM7325

This thread reminds me I have not seen a Renault Le Car (aka Renault 5) for years now.

[​IMG]

I would say Yugo, but I actually noticed one in a yard recently.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Gave PC a lobotomy :lol: Here is some pictures

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  5. ViscousTraction

ViscousTraction

Ford Five Hundred

[​IMG]

6. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Factory Five GTM
    [​IMG]

7. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

There's a guy who lives near me that has an RMZ-4 Equator, which I think was supposed to be similar to the Nissan's PRO-4X package Frontier. Apparently they weren't horrible trucks either.

On the same note, I often forget that Mitsubishi sold a rebranded Dakota.

[​IMG]

8. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Mazda B400

I forgot all about this Ranger re-badge until I moved into my apartment, where someone has one.

[​IMG]

Razor440, synchromesh and The87Dodge like this.
  9. Fastcarguy

Fastcarguy

There is a house down the street from my house with five of those sitting in the driveway

Mazda also did one with the Ford Escape, called the Tribute. A classmate at my school had one. From what he told me they were pretty good

2001-2004_Mazda_Tribute_--_03-21-2012.JPG

10. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

image.png

Anyone remember the SSC Tuatra?

Did they even produce it?

11. Pupik

Pupik Staff Emeritus

Isuzu i-290

A Chevy Colorado named after a busy arterial in Chicagoland; also given a grill that goes great with fava beans and a nice Chianti. Isuzu's last light-truck hurrah in America, which ironically began with the Chevy Luv.

[​IMG]

synchromesh and The87Dodge like this.
  12. LM7325

LM7325

I forgot the Isuzu Hombre. Funny because 12 years ago I actually owned one.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Not mine, but close enough to how it looked.

Death2508 and The87Dodge like this.
  13. INEEDNAWZZZ

INEEDNAWZZZ

fiat_punto_cabrio_06577.jpg

Saw one today for the first time in years. Kind of forgot it was even a thing.

14. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

Could be the worst badge engineering I have ever seen.

15. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

Weirdly enough, Isuzu started selling their version of the truck 2 years prior to the Colorado/Canyon going on sale.

The87Dodge and Fastcarguy like this.
  16. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

Chrysler E-Class, the most forgotten K-Car. It was an ultra-luxury K-Car, more luxurious than the Lebarons. Unfortunately, it did not sell well, because it looked too similar to the successful Lebaron, and had a high price tag. Never seen one in person.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

17. TexRex

TexRex

ul·tra
    [ˈəltrə]
    ADVERB
    1. very; extremely

TeamCZRRacing likes this.
  18. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

It is though. It may not be as luxurious as the 1983 Imperial but is more luxurious than Cadillac's Cimarron and all the other K-Cars.

The Aries, Reliant, 600, and Caravelle were the basic K-Cars.
    The Lebarons were the luxurious K-Cars
    The E-Class was more luxurious than the already luxurious Lebarons, so I guess that would be ultra-luxury.

I'd say the E-Class is basically as luxurious as a Cordoba or a Fifth Avenue, but smaller and front drive.

19. wahthewalrus

wahthewalrus

If it weren't for the fact that it's in the GT series, I probably would have forgotten about the Chrysler Prowler. The only time I've ever seen one was when my dad visited a Dodge/Chrysler dealer to buy his current car. I have never seen one actually on the road or anything.

[​IMG]

20. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

I don't forget about these, since the woman down the street from me owns one in gold, and never garages it.

wahthewalrus likes this.
  21. TexRex

TexRex

Not the benchmark.

1983 Cadillac Cimarron
    [​IMG]

1983 Bentley Mulsanne Turbo*
    [​IMG]

*Not necessarily the benchmark either.

TeamCZRRacing and VXR like this.
  22. LM7325

LM7325

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnos3B-pnLAhVLaz4KHYuXD1AQFggjMAA&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_E-Class&usg=AFQjCNGKboqznmQUUKMzShpvmNoeoF2hlg

From the article.

The Chrysler E-Class was a mid-size-car produced by Chrysler. Introduced in 1983 on a stretched version of the Chrysler K platform, the E-Class was a less expensive, less equipped version of the identical 1983 New Yorker. It was targeted at those who wanted Chrysler luxury, but could not afford the opulence nor hefty price tag of the flagship New Yorker.

Anyone remember the Mitsubishi Tredia?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

1981 Chrysler LeBaron - a photo on Flickriver.jpg
    My Mother had a blue one back in '88.

Razor440, SVX and The87Dodge like this.
  24. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

We can't compare the E-Class's interior to other cars, since I can't find any pictures. But the Bentley was well over twice the price of the E-Class, and probably the most extravagant car you could've bought at the time. Here is a picture of a 1984 Lebaron (K-body) interior:
    image.jpeg
    Looks as luxurious as the Cimarron's interior. Therefore, the E-Class's interior would be more luxurious, since it is a step above both the Lebaron and the Cimarron.

@LM7325 you are right. The E-Class was never the most luxurious Chrysler you could've bought. Think of it as a Fifth Avenue, shrunken and less expensive, but it still is almost as luxurious.

25. TexRex

TexRex

What I'm having an issue with is the use of the word "ultra," as using it to describe any characteristic of an '80s-90s Chrysler product doesn't leave much room for the better that undoubtedly exists.

TwinTurbo LM, Razor440, SVX and 3 others like this.
  26. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

E-Class is the ultra-luxury K-Car, I said. Never said it was the most ultra-luxury car you could've bought in the 80's.

27. TexRex

TexRex

28. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

How many times do I need to say it? By K-Car and FF standards, the E-Class (and New Yorker) were ultra-luxury. I'm not saying that the E-Class was the most opulent car you could have bought, in fact, it wasn't even close.

yabiggoose and TeamCZRRacing like this.
  29. TexRex

TexRex

30. The87Dodge

The87Dodge

Ok, enough is enough. I'm not going to fight, but I will say this: I think that the E-Class and New Yorker were ultra luxurious by front drive, K-Car standards. You do not, and that's fine. But this thread is about discussing cars we don't see anymore, not a debate over the term "ultra-luxurious". I understand that we all have our own opinions, but I think my opinion isn't too far from being correct.

XJ40 likes this.