WnHywnb.jpg

g2RRX8r.jpg

XSBaMog.jpg
2pLLXbY.jpg
L3LfuOx.jpg
24XYAHS.jpg

Some cars are worse offenders than others

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4462/37461836142_9a63d1066e_o.jpg

It seems the old classic cars seem to get this the most, where as modern newer cars have less of an issue with it. The 370z doesn't look like it's ahead of the light, like you see in that pre-release trailer for Forza 7, but it actually looks like its on the lens of the headlight.

Look at the Audi, literally right above your shot.
Not only old classic cars but old assets from older games. The light isn’t reflecting right eirher, look at the BMW and Bugatti below your post. It doesn’t look natural when the light is "edited in" rather than a part of the simulation. If I had this game I could make my point more clear. All I have (xbone games) is FM6 and FH3. FH3 is a lot better lighting wise than FM6. Not perfect, but a lot better. Reflection, not the obvious light ball in front of the headlight(most of the time) and the light(and reflection) doesn’t dissappear when you view the car from the side. I will get FM7 when I have time and money, but right now my focus is on GTS. :)

Not only old classic cars but old assets from older games
No, not quite. The M5 I linked is an old asset, but it looks fine. It looks more if an issue on older cars age wise, as they look like the worse offenders.

The light isn’t reflecting right eirher, look at the BMW and Bugatti below your post
Some cars only have their DRLs on where as some have their full blown lights on, do you know which is which? Not owning the cars I wouldn't know in game.

If I had this game I could make my point more clear.
Yes, if you had the game you'd also notice it's worse on some than on others. Old and new content alike.

FH3 is a lot better lighting wise than FM6. Not perfect, but a lot better. Reflection, not the obvious light ball in front of the headlight(most of the time)
All iterations suffered from the same issue, some more prominent than others.

light(and reflection) doesn’t dissappear when you view the car from the side
It doesn't on this game. Hell, if the light is projected that far ahead of the car like you say it is, then it wouldn't disappear at all.
will get FM7 when I have time and money, but right now my focus is on GTS.
well that's just awesome, but can we get back to what this topic is actually about?

Some cars only have their DRLs on where as some have their full blown lights on, do you know which is which? Not owning the cars I wouldn't know in game.
I do. But still not the point.
well that's just awesome, but can we get back to what this topic is actually about?
Yep, I wasn’t the one wanting to discuss this anyway. I just wanted to point out my point of view. I fancy good graphics in all areas not just some. Lighting is important to me.

/end discussion

I do. But still not the point.

Yep, I wasn’t the one wanting to discuss this anyway. I just wanted to point out my point of view. I fancy good graphics in all areas not just some. Lighting is important to me.

/end discussion
that very much is the point of you're going to realize why a head light projection isn't reflecting off the ground.

Whatever the case, Take it to a different thread if you want to keep going on, thanks.

Tried the game with 21:9 custom resolution (on my TV @ 2560x1080) and certainly found the cockpits more enjoyable with the wider aspect.

However look what happens with photomode, the settings are visible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back