The Funny License Plate Thread

always lucky.jpg

I'm not entirely sure I understand what's funny about these two plates. I imagine it's some kinda language barrier on my end.

I just saw this in the parking lot of the most dismal Safeway in America.
359CDDB3-3A04-49C6-8859-3E0CC90124C7.jpeg

960C5CC9-8965-4862-A731-73D81A60D0E4.jpeg

If you’re having trouble reading it, it says “Plate got stolen will replace when I have the $”.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what's funny about these two plates. I imagine it's some kinda language barrier on my end.
My bad, should've been more clear.
Basically, س ك س or reads out as.., uh,"sex".

It's more juvenile than funny I'll admit.

^ Damn, I appreciate the honesty on that one.

Sort of on topic, so I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but my project car should finally be getting its dyno tune within the next month or so (waiting to hear back from the shop to nail down an appointment). That means finally registering the car, and I'd like your guys' opinions on my idea for a personalized plate. I tend to be of the opinion that vanity plates are dumb, but at the same time... I can't help myself, after all the work I've put into this car. That said, I may or may not go through with it, so let me know what you really think. Cringey or no?

SHFTAT8

"Shift at 8", if it's not obvious. Or maybe "8KSHIFT"? I just think that in the context of an old station wagon ('93 Accord, built-up naturally aspirated Prelude twin cam) seen in what makes up traffic these days, it's cool that it not only has a manual trans, but revs higher than most modern actual sports cars. Two great characteristics of a bygone era.

As a bonus, Colorado just released these PPIHC plates that I'll be getting for it regardless of added personalization. A joke I've seen is, who will be the first STI/Focus RS owner in Colorado to get one of these with "KB43VR".

License-Plate.png

PP%20Hill%20Climb.png.webp

^ Damn, I appreciate the honesty on that one.

Sort of on topic, so I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but my project car should finally be getting its dyno tune within the next month or so (waiting to hear back from the shop to nail down an appointment). That means finally registering the car, and I'd like your guys' opinions on my idea for a personalized plate. I tend to be of the opinion that vanity plates are dumb, but at the same time... I can't help myself, after all the work I've put into this car. That said, I may or may not go through with it, so let me know what you really think. Cringey or no?

SHFTAT8

"Shift at 8", if it's not obvious. Or maybe "8KSHIFT"? I just think that in the context of an old station wagon ('93 Accord, built-up naturally aspirated Prelude twin cam) seen in what makes up traffic these days, it's cool that it not only has a manual trans, but revs higher than most modern actual sports cars. Two great characteristics of a bygone era.

As a bonus, Colorado just released these PPIHC plates that I'll be getting for it regardless of added personalization. A joke I've seen is, who will be the first STI/Focus RS owner in Colorado to get one of these with "KB43VR".

License-Plate.png

PP%20Hill%20Climb.png.webp
I have a feeling someone has already registered all the Ken Block variations, but yeah, I imagine the first WRX wearing one is not far away! Im actually heading today to hopefully get my personalized plate switched to the PPIHC plate and register it to my new-to-me 12 BMW 128i.🤞

Although not necessarily funny, I pulled up at the Belfry golf club (many years ago) and the first car I saw was this. I dislike Porsche's but my name is on the plate (just about) so had to get a pic of it.

The golfer Colin Montgomerie was at the club so can only guess this may have been his car but is unsubstantiated.

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 5
EV owners with electricity references in their plates are insufferable. Here's some sweet justice for this owner who thought what appears to be an abbreviation for "Charge Much?" was oh-so-clever. This Tesla hit a utility box and killed power to an entire neighborhood. Supposedly it was from an autopilot failure.

esfsdfs_2-copy.webp

Latest Posts

Back