The General Airplane Thread

• Thread starter Crash
  • 2,741 comments
Hey guys, check out FedEx's newest addition to their fleet!

image.jpg

Link to original image on Instagram here.

Had some nice views flying to Anguilla yesterday :drool:

Some nice looking island in the Bahamas
View attachment 628033

Providenciales
View attachment 628034

Final approach into Anguilla looking at St. Maarten
View attachment 628035

Nice sunset on the way home
View attachment 628036

This is from a different flight, but it's one of the few landing videos I have. A little bit faster than the cub eh? @Gravitron @GTP_Patrick1

Great photos and video! Which version of the Beechjet is that, by the way? Also, are you a private pilot, or part of a private airline (Travel Management, NetJets, etc)?

View attachment 628033

Providenciales
View attachment 628034

View attachment 628035

View attachment 628036

This is from a different flight, but it's one of the few landing videos I have. A little bit faster than the cub eh? @Gravitron @GTP_Patrick1

Great pics and vid. :bowdown: The Piper Cub was insane, I need to find my old phone and upload that landing you @GTP_Nail 'd in the wind. :D

Dan
Great photos and video! Which version of the Beechjet is that, by the way? Also, are you a private pilot, or part of a private airline (Travel Management, NetJets, etc)?
Thanks! It's a 400A. I fly for a private charter company like Travel Management, just a lot smaller.

Dan
Ah ok. Nice. How long did it take for you to work your way up to becoming a charter pilot?
I worked as a flight instructor for 5 years before I started flying charter, although that's a pretty unique path in the industry right now. The airlines and some charter companies will hire people with pretty low time for those that are looking to get into jets right away.

It is so damn annoying how often Flightaware screws up the aircraft type for NetJets. It says the plane is a Citation III or V, but it's actually a Sovereign. This has been going on for at least a month now and shows zero signs of stopping soon.

I worked as a flight instructor for 5 years before I started flying charter, although that's a pretty unique path in the industry right now. The airlines and some charter companies will hire people with pretty low time for those that are looking to get into jets right away.

Interesting. How often a month do you fly, and do you only operate the 400A?

The more videos I see of the ICON A5, the more I want to be rich and have a pilot's license. It's such a beautifully simple plane that has so much versatility and ease of use.

Dan
The more videos I see of the ICON A5, the more I want to be rich and have a pilot's license. It's such a beautifully simple plane that has so much versatility and ease of use.
It looks like a modern-day version of the old Republic Seabee. My personal dream plane is a modern Piper Cub from Cubcrafters with over-sized wheels for landing off the beaten path.

Something like this:

Last edited:

View attachment 628033

Providenciales
View attachment 628034

View attachment 628035

View attachment 628036

I feel like a pleb now that these are on the same page lol:

Trip from Columbus to Boston. I was surprised to see we flew over Lake Erie so early (I didn't look up what our route was going to be so it was kinda neat to be surprised a bit. I wish I knew this though as I could've spotted Niagra Falls and tried to get some shots of that).

Second time flying on an ERJ (170) for me. They're alright, not a fan of them though for commuter routes (Was a 90 minute flight but I've seen 757s do shorter legs). It wasn't quiet that's for sure.

I find this picture breathtaking.

h266haN.jpg

Such a nice photo, shame this is the only angle where this aircraft looks good.

Dan
A Dash-8 Q400 has crashed at Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport after landing during a storm. The right side main landing gear collapsed on touchdown and the #2 prop was destroyed. There were no injuries. Photos and videos can be found inside the link.

Not a double post because an hour has passed.

It was quite the day for Dutch standards yes :P

That was a pretty firm whack on that side, though.... Wonder what the descent rate was as it touched, because it looked like it dropped sharply just as it rolled right. Bit of a breeze there, too!

Have you folks seen this site: http://www.luft46.com/ ? It documents the various aircraft the German aircraft industry was working on during WWII but never (or almost never) saw the light of day. The illustrations are amazing.

I've seen it an other various sites like it in the past, had them saved as bookmarks on my old comp that broke. nice to see this one again, some crazy stuff in it as well. Stuff that seems to have inspired SW.

170308DreamDSC_6352.jpg

Two of Boeing’s four Dreamlifter cargo planes sit on the tarmac on Wednesday afternoon, March 8, 2017, at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. (Erik Hill / Alaska Dispatch News)

170308DreamDSC_6430.jpg

I've had them fly directly over me at low altitudes. They are hard to miss.

I've also watch them land and take off. As they take off, they keep rolling and rolling and rolling down the runway and you can't help but think "Come on! Accelerate! You can do it! Oh, it's nose has pivoted up! Oh, it's finally leaving the ground!"

Latest Posts

Back