The General Anime Thread...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 66,881 comments
  • 3,693,960 views
Not exactly. Like any tv show, anime main income should be from broadcast. People buying DVDs or BDs is a just a bonus really. And, of course, what really matters is Japan, export is also just a bonus.

Don't get me wrong, they do matter, but there would still be plenty to watch without them.

Is that right? I thought because anime was so diverse that when it's being broadcast it was like a promotion for their Manga, DVD's/BD's and merchandise where their main income will come in, since almost every show is limited to one broadcast(I only know of soul eater to have gotten 2 airings in recent years) I was convinced they relied on product sales for their real cash. I've took that as fact for years, so I'm kinda surprised.
 
486px-Xzm-fe05g.jpg
 
Yes, GTP is back up to speed. I will have a stream up in 5 minutes. We'll decide what to watch later.

It's going to be Abalasluoria in my sig.
 
What series is that gundam from T12?

123.jpg


124.jpg


:drool::drool: Compare the details to the HG versions.
 
^ Um, its SEED. It say it on the pic... :lol:
 
What? No wanna watch Deadman Wonderland, you 2?
 
AOS- -> I'd like to watch Deadman Wonderland, but I'm with my mom right now...

MHPALA -> Oh that, 'doh!!! :dunce:
 
^ I miss that show... :(
 
Don't take this to mean that I'm going to bed or anything, but I am done posting for the night.

To cut down on my apparent lameness, here's a Madoka picture I found today. I don't believe it's been posted before.

f1006ce0c8434a5d3541b6cf0884489f.jpg


Goodnight everyone!
 
No, VB.... I hate that silly girl. She can't communicate with people but she can call people stupid so indiscriminately?

you're still lame for another 14 days, Sean.
 
Don't take this to mean that I'm going to bed or anything, but I am done posting for the night.
Not posting when you're not going to bed is lamer than going to bed and not posting.
 
Excuse me while I post some pictures.....
Holo-Cosplay-okamimimi-25379499-467-700.jpg


457988-6082679756_cae1db6945_b.jpg


Cute-Koyuki-Cosplay-as-original-character1.jpg


Koyuki-Cosplay-as-Holo-from-side-view.jpg


I believe I thoroughly murked that Kobato cosplay photo.
 
Quit crying and take her already.

Koyuki's the name of the last 2.
 
Which is my biggest gripe with cosplayers. If you don't look like a charater, then don't cosplay it :mad:

Only the first one remembered she has red eyes, btw.
 
My biggest gripe is "single-piece" glued hair... it looks so gross and unnatural.

Anyway, to rival the Holo photos:

4666_6bee_707.jpeg

Yun Kousaka

0401_a679_700.jpeg


5825_d6f7_500.jpeg


Uriu

 
First girl, maybe.

Second girl? Heeeeelll nawwww.

Which is my biggest gripe with cosplayers. If you don't look like a charater, then don't cosplay it :mad:

Only the first one remembered she has red eyes, btw.

I noticed that as well.


Her tail should also be exquisite wolf fur. :3
 
-> Holo...Horo...ugh! I'm confused...

276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1920x1200.jpg


:boggled:
 
Tomato Tomata.

And to top the previous photos:

8862_bcbe.jpeg

Sakuragi Mui
 
Her name is supposed to be Holo, but the Japanese and their clunky language have no 'L' sound, so they try to get as close to it as possible, calling her Horo.
 
Japanese L's are R's, while Chinese L's are N's. True story.

3077_e087.jpeg
 
Back