The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
The diagonal text on the rear half of the car is good. That's standard-level decal application to me. I still am not a fan of pasting shots of a character's body on the car's body though. However, its position is meant to work with the text so I'm kinda alright with it.

Would've looked for another solution, but that's just my finicky taste in "graphic design" on car bodies.

-> ...
More fanart because I have absolutely nothing better to do!
View attachment 341454View attachment 341466
(you know, its a shame Tsumugu wasn't more important overall; he was pretty cool imo)
^ Trigger should consider a nice side/back story of Tsumugu before his exploits with Ryoko.

Kinagase.Tsumugu.full.1623340.jpg

tumblr_mvvir6u1CI1slnf7ro1_1280.jpg

ep5-5.jpg

tumblr_ndvqx0J6uk1s13i4ro2_1280.jpg

KILL.la.KILL.full.1624196.jpg

kill_la_kill____ryuko_and_tsumugu_by_ipgae-d6u84jf.png

tsumugu_ryuko_by_chikao_j-d7czt1v.png

kill-la-kill-episode-5-pic-1.jpg

^ That would be cool!

tumblr_n2dlxqfDw91qfb777o1_1280.jpg

;)

Since it's April fools, I'm going to reminisce on the past when Adult Swim was at it's prime.

Back in 2004, for April Fools day, the wizards at Adult Swim drew mustaches on all the faces of the characters in all the anime shown for the night. EVERYTONE HAD A MUSTACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember waking up in the middle of the night and seeing Faye with a black streaked mustache. Full blown WTF face.

Amon5.jpg

attachment-4165.jpg

images

attachment-4166.jpg

Anyone remember this? I miss those days.

Nope because back then I was almost 10, and had no idea what the hell anime was. I didn't actually really start watching [adult swim] until November 2008 when I was 14 after hearing about a show called Bleach after I was all sad Toonami was gone (This was how I finally got into anime).

I do really like this April Fools they did that actually led to it coming back.

Has anyone got suggestions of Anime with at least some reference to truth in them?
I don't mind mixing fact and fiction but I am not too keen on all fiction.

Currently I have watched.
Sengoku Basara. The characters (except Kasuga) and some events are true, just not their extreme power.
Currently ploughing through Zipang (yes I am late to the party) and I am quite enjoying it.

Any more suggestions?

Has anyone got suggestions of Anime with at least some reference to truth in them?
I don't mind mixing fact and fiction but I am not too keen on all fiction.

Currently I have watched.
Sengoku Basara. The characters (except Kasuga) and some events are true, just not their extreme power.
Currently ploughing through Zipang (yes I am late to the party) and I am quite enjoying it.

Any more suggestions?

Maybe Zankyou no Terror? I haven't seen it yet but I guess it has some truth behind it

This has been on repeat for the whole day....

Let's see what will happen with "Tank!"...

Think it's time to blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together... okay, three, two, one, let's jam~ :D

God, that song is awesome. I'd definitely put this song on loop while playing GTA V on my Xbox. ^^

Maybe Zankyou no Terror? I haven't seen it yet but I guess it has some truth behind it

Hmm might be worth something.

Anything military based whilst fulfilling the criteria in the previous post? Ie no future stuff.

To be honest, underneath the surreal surface, FLCL is probably the most realistic work of fiction I've ever encountered.
So, aliens, self-driving Vespas, Rickenbacker bass guitars capable of firing some kind of ammunition and smashing pretty much anything without shattering into pieces of maple, robots and a Gibson Flying V spontaneously popping out of a child's head are realistic? :P

I'm missing the point completely.

Should've had Patchouli for my avatar for April Fools, really...still, it's Maribel for now.
Or maybe you should have Patchouli year round ;)
I used to love her. I'm not into Touhou as much ever since the specially themed TF2 server went to hell and came back with tons of lag and bad administration. Did anyone here ever play there?

China cracking down on violent and explicit anime... http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32149754
The Ministry of Culture found Terror in Resonance, High School of the Dead, etc. to be explicit shows.

They'll allow illegal streams, but have some concern for the actual content itself? Perhaps officials fear potential incidents in the future where stuff like the shows they mentioned will be scapegoated. Whatever, really. Some stuff anime does is pretty out there so I can understand. But still...

"Blood-C is accused of containing a "particularly bloody" beheading scene that would cause "extreme discomfort""

I need to see this. @TheCorvette, do you recall what episode this is from? :dopey:

Should've had Patchouli for my avatar for April Fools, really...still, it's Maribel for now. Well, not her, but her hakutaku.

And now I want to post her...

67UlkNU.jpg

beO2pUh.jpg

B2ywNdt.png

8Y8vYpy.jpg
Give her a few years and she'll probably resemble Yukari in looks. ;)

Also, cute avatar. :)

China cracking down on violent and explicit anime... http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32149754
The Ministry of Culture found Terror in Resonance, High School of the Dead, etc. to be explicit shows.
The funny thing is they allow live-action Hollywood movies that can be on the same level of violence. Like Kingsman: The Secret Service was allowed there. Oh and then there's Transformers, which the Chinese LOVE to death. Transformers 4 is now the biggest movie there ever, made $301 million (That's more than it made here, $245 million).
They'll allow illegal streams, but have some concern for the actual content itself? Perhaps officials fear potential incidents in the future where stuff like the shows they mentioned will be scapegoated. Whatever, really. Some stuff anime does is pretty out there so I can understand. But still...

"Blood-C is accused of containing a "particularly bloody" beheading scene that would cause "extreme discomfort""

I need to see this. @TheCorvette, do you recall what episode this is from? :dopey:
I haven't seen the show since it aired, but lots of episodes had that kind of stuff (Stop blinding me sun censors!), and then there's the ending of the final episode that is a total troll. CLAMP sure trolled us, and kept trolling us even after the movie that was even worse (At least the visuals were very nice) which also for some reason got funding from the Japanese government.

It doesn't have much relation, but it's complete crap, a total nonsensical mess, and a total troll. That seems to be the only reason it exists, to troll people.

Latest Posts

Back