The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I haven't watched Disappearance
So don't wait as long as I did.

I think he's refering to the show, not her per sé.
No, it was her. Yes, I know that sucks but I mean, I look at for instance at the last scene we really see her in, in that sleeping bag and I just thought she looked so...nice.

But then I already liked her a little bit. Which is weird because there's a lot wrong with her. But there's something in her that's just right and that makes her not so bad after all. But I fear it might be hard to quantify.

Chanced it and started watching Shigatsu.. I'll probably be lying to myself in saying I didn't get goosebumps. Visuals work so well with the music it just enthralls me. I'm not acute to classical music or music in general but this is something else. The visuals and music are just impeccable.

The pieces played in here are probably more easier to take in than other performances you'll find on Youtube.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Twinkle Little Star Soundtrack.

Released in March 24. I didn't even know about it, but it's like the addition to the Boku to Kimi tono Ongaku Cho soundtrack.

I've been playing the soundtrack pretty frequently. It's the kind of music that just sticks around.

Last edited:
Amongst my busy schedule of Project CARS, Infamous Second Son, monumentous amounts of rooibos tea and running errands.... I burned through the 2nd season of Higurashi. Finishing the last episode just now.

Animation woes from the 1st season aside, man that show was actually good! I liked it. Especially how in the 2nd season pretty much all the questions get answered along with tying up the loose ends. The ending itself though was decent.

Something you should watch in my books. That's if you wanna read my books :D

Anyways, I'm debating on whether to watch Welcome To The NHK or Panty & Stocking tomorrow.

This tea fine doe, can I get another cup? :P

I can't stop listening to this....

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that was why. The seiyuu.
I like Aya Hirano, quite a lot. But even so that's not the biggest possible reason why. The only other seiyuus I really notice are Emiri Katou, who voices a lot of characters I love, and Yuka Iguchi, who seems to voice each one that I hate.

Anyways, I'm debating on whether to watch Welcome To The NHK or Panty & Stocking tomorrow.

In all honesty, I'm torn. Welcome to the NHK is a darkly funny series about the life of a hikikomori who wants to snap out of his sedentary lifestyle, while Panty & Stocking, well... It's the spin offspring of Dirty Pair and South Park. Both shows are really good in my opinion; if I were you I'd do heads or tails. :lol:

In all honesty, I'm torn. Welcome to the NHK is a darkly funny series about the life of a hikikomori who wants to snap out of his sedentary lifestyle, while Panty & Stocking, well... It's the spin offspring of Dirty Pair and South Park. Both shows are really good in my opinion; if I were you I'd do heads or tails. :lol:

My bro saw NHK sometime back and says it's a good watch. However after Higurashi I need something that is just unapologetic and unserious like Panty & Stocking :lol: I believe that show doesn't have any darkness attached to it no?

Last edited:
So don't wait as long as I did.

No, it was her. Yes, I know that sucks but I mean, I look at for instance at the last scene we really see her in, in that sleeping bag and I just thought she looked so...nice.

But then I already liked her a little bit. Which is weird because there's a lot wrong with her. But there's something in her that's just right and that makes her not so bad after all. But I fear it might be hard to quantify.

I would like to get back into it, but where should I start?

11390278_10153362179684320_5598000145704593313_n.jpg

I believe that show doesn't have any darkness attached to it no?

Panty & Stocking does get darker par its course, but it's nowhere near as dark as Higurashi; heck, even the darker parts of the series can be particularly hilarious. Welcome to the NHK, on the other hand, while it does have its genuinely funny moments, embraces darker thematics than Panty & Stocking. With the way you're put right now, I'd most definitely watch Panty & Stocking just for a good laugh. Oh, and, the soundtrack is awesome.

I stopped listening to the PSG soundtrack pretty fast.

I should get to completing the playlist ensemble in my music library.

Also, let's see some drawings soon, guys!

One thing I noticed in Disappearance is that since I watched the series long before I did the film, Haruhi now seems far more attractive as a whole.
But then the film was drawn better. So that's probably part of the reason.

Never got a part of the Haruhi bandwagon. She has her moments but to be fair I just find her massively over hyped.

Also, drawing, I haven't started yet. :lol: Been busy this week but thankfully I have the advantage of being further ahead than y'all, so I'll work on it Friday (tomorrow) night. :)

Because KyoAni nailed facial proportions for the appeal of "moe".

<--See avatar.

And because less people know of Bakemonogatari/like Tsunderes.

Finished School Days today.
I don't normally watch harems, but I was advised this one, "the end is crazy", they said.

Honestly, the first 11 episodes were annoying to me (Makoto, you bastard!), since I don't like this genre, but then...
:crazy: :mischievous: :D Totally worth it!

I should try the game sometime... :sly:

I'm actually considering watching this :lol: I saw the reviews and said nah but now I'm curious.

Panty & Stocking on the other hand..... Reminds me of Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi but rated R18. I like it so far, it's stupid but a good kinda stupid. Catchy soundtrack too.

That is all.

Last edited:
It makes me cry myself to sleep every night.
But I can't say I didn't like Chuunibyou :P

With pink panty on top.

----

I was going to do a new scribble from scratch but before I reached a new page, my finger stopped at some point in my sketchbook and on it was an incomplete pencil sketch of a pose. I decided to just finish it up by covering up the body with clothes and hair.

fLFuXI3.jpg

Done in pen. Maybe I should give the pen a break.

Character: Naze Izumi

tumblr_inline_mwkxfrGF1K1rrn5dn.gif

tumblr_mwy8lvsBHw1qbvovho1_500.gif

dcaBVxC.gif

Last edited:
@AOS- Nice. The mouth is weird but it's just a sketch

-------

Wrapped up Shigatsu today. Sadly I didn't shed (manly) tears, but instead some chuckling... I'm such a masochist... But it's still hurting inside, I can tell you that. Probably won't go away anytime soon either

Kaori's death was no surprise. They've thrown a crap ton of flags beforehand. But once it actually happens it hurts a bit more than it should.

I thought the "lies" the show is titled with is a pretty fascinating theme to use in spite of this show being a love letter to music. Y'know, with the romantic relationships being wrong, that things weren't going to change, that Kaori is going to be alright... Pretty interesting how the show used the theme to carry out the drama. I have to say though that Kaori's condition is the worst lie because she barely plays after she faints at Towa Hall. It's quite sad really

Now with Kaori passing away: I'm thinking it's a way for Arima to move on from depending on his mom and Kaori. Kaori said so herself that Arima shouldn't depend on her because she doesn't have much time. And with his mom when Arima does reconcile with her it's in seeing the truth in the beatings she gave him and the joys outside of the harsh training. But in a positive light, Arima's still got Tsubaki to support him even if Kaori isn't physically here anymore. But perhaps Tsubaki will just be another thing for Arima to hold onto, and that might convince him to refuse her offer.. In the end all of the cast will just have to move on, and I highly doubt Arima will stop playing the piano.

And another thing too: When Kaori quoted to Arima to commit double suicide. Now that was an insanely heavy and scary thing to say, even if it was just a quote. This part alone set the ending, really. If Kaori lived it would have been half-assed...

hmm... I'm thinking of writing a small review for this show...

Last edited:
With pink panty on top.

----

I was going to do a new scribble from scratch but before I reached a new page, my finger stopped at some point in my sketchbook and on it was an incomplete pencil sketch of a pose. I decided to just finish it up by covering up the body with clothes and hair.

fLFuXI3.jpg

Done in pen. Maybe I should give the pen a break.

Character: Naze Izumi

tumblr_inline_mwkxfrGF1K1rrn5dn.gif

tumblr_mwy8lvsBHw1qbvovho1_500.gif

dcaBVxC.gif
Uck.
No me gusta Kyoukai no Kanata.

It's KyoAni, but I like Ninja Slayer and Boobfest 2015 more.

Hey @AOS-, I challenge you to draw the Sonozaki twins with your own kinda flavour to them :sly:

@SVX , is it 12 episodes or over 20? I'm planning to watch it once it's done.

Back