The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
bout a year now

No wayyyyyyy :0

Congrats dude!
They finally made it!! Ooku: inner chamber. I have waited a years for this to translate into a anime.
I started the manga on that the other day and it was pretty damn good, but didn't go on because the site I found it on sucked, lol. Alas, I'll be back because I really need to know what happens, it's really well written.

Lately I've been reading a ton of manga instead of watching anime, and the only anime I wanna watch is beacuse it comes from a manga that I like haha

I watched the entirety of A.I.C.O. -incarnation- last night.

I found it to be a rather interesting show, but I feel like they could have done the story better by bringing the "what is a human?" theme/subplot earlier in the story. The action in the final couple of stages of the journey were also kinda glossed over a bit to speed up the group's progression - but I'm just splitting hairs. It was a pretty solid 7/10 to 8/10 story with good animation and art style.

There's also another racing anime airing this season called Overtake, about F4 racing in Japan. Such a weird coincidence after a long dearth of car focused shows.

Attack on Titans is finally over. Still having to double take that it's been 10 years since the very first season.

Thoughts on how you felt about how this all concluded?
A part of me wanted to see Eren's will to destroy humanity succeed, because this show has been very good at conditioning us that the task of taking out the titans is a next-to-impossible to come out of unscathed (except for plot armor Mikasa of course), it would've presented one of those dystopian endings where despite all their last ditch efforts, they eventually succumbed to the titans.

But Inevitably the main group finally takes the W after all the losses throughout the show. Finally.

The sudden push for romantic development between Eren x Mikasa and Armin x Annie felt a tad rushed to me, but they needed to resolve it in one way or another.

I liked when Eren revealed his idea of freedom. For him, it was to make the choice to permanently eliminate all potential threats to the Eldian race. As for his friends, he was neither opposed to them going after him or joining him. Whatever was left of the Survey Corps was entirely up to them if they wanted to stop Eren. Eren didn't harbor any evil intent in killing his friends, but he wasn't about to let his friends stop him in completing his mission. It's a predicament we would normally find ourselves making compromises on.

What was a heck of a let down was how Eren lacked foresight despite him thinking so long-term about future-proofing the Eldians' survival. Don't recall the exact wording, but after discussing with Armin, he came to some realization that all his efforts only netted a small return, but at a massive cost of his friends' lives, and that he made a critical miscalculation in all of this.

Say what.......?

Other than AOT, I've also bveen catching up on Spy Family. Currently up-to-date with the latest episode:

Finally we got more Yor assassin screen time. Ever since the first few episodes of the first season, Yor has only been seen being a super althetic awkward wife. All the OP videos we've seen still depict her in her dress swinging the golden needles around, and yet all the attention has been on Anya and Loid's development.

cmhjemK.jpeg

My fandom and geekery was born with Dragonball. RIP Toriyama-san

Last edited:
Back