The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
No clue why but every two weeks or so I inexplicably stop receiving alerts from this thread and then I have to read through a page and a half of discussion after I realize that I've probably been missing stuff.
I think it has to do with how often you check the thread. GTP is very weird with how alerts work.

Shoooo cuuuuuute.
218656.jpg

No, I didn't forget. Here it is the previous week's doodle. And since no one has posted zqwat, I have to ask. Is this still going or am I the only idiot running this?
19276548992_2376fba532_b.jpg

Purposely left without detailing as to try to colour it with Photoshop later on. You're free to try too.

Hey, I posted mine. :P

Well I guess I can post something I've been working on since yesterday.

It's not exactly anime/manga but an anime inspired it.

Iketani's Nismo golf Tee shirt from the Initial D First Stage

1389251246024.jpg

I thought about making my own soon. Maybe a bunch that I could sell.

So what did I do exactly? The old skool Nismo logo. It's kinda hard to get some good HD vectors of that logo so I ended up making my own vector using Photoshop. I may use Illustrator if it ends up being a bit cleaner.

Here's the original logo 800x467. Looks to be scanned

11709511_10153356951153904_7761936516100614117_n.jpg

Here's my re-creation of that. Everything was done from scratch, no magic wand. The biggest headache was the 'Nissan Motorsports International' text. I dunno how many adjustments and different merged fonts I used but I got it close I think. 1280x1080 resolution

11202605_10153356951298904_7109690211983139499_n.jpg

Here's a comparison photo

11061675_10153356951308904_8754547882807791938_n.jpg

These aren't the raw files, just some copied off of Facebook. I can't draw anime/manga style to save my life so yeah :lol: I did draw cars a while back, like designed my own.

Was meant to be in my previous post, but since you both got in the way I can actually give Niku an alert for this :boggled:

We could have a newcomer, who swipes the royal rug from beneath Hestia's fine feet, and then said newcomer becomes the new Hestia... :lol:
We'll have to see who the next wonderkid is. Who has a breakout season. Wait that actually works in anime terms

Was meant to be in my previous post, but since you both got in the way I can actually give Niku an alert for this :boggled:

We'll have to see who the next wonderkid is. Who has a breakout season. Wait that actually works in anime terms

Why thank you for being so considerate over the alerts. Don't worry, this post of mine proves that I've noticed. ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure you could use the "breakout season" expression, not only for anime characters but also for actual animes. And yes, we'll have to wait to see who becomes the next "Hestia fad", and how much oppai she will be packing. You know, because that's a thing when you want to create a fad... Will it be a wonderkid? Will it be a wonderoldwoman? Will it be an effeminate guy who looks far too much like a woman? Tomino God only knows...

Last edited:
Don't rush too hard chaps, great art takes time :)

@SVX @Heldenzeit, thanks chaps, I think I'll try out the old skool Mazdaspeed logo soon.

In other news, apart from me feeling like I'm Takumi behind the wheel today, I finished Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (I actually spelt that right)

Goodness the amount of riskay themes in that show :boggled:

I found the story to be a bit confusing at times but then I eventually got it. Animation was pretty slick, especially during 'those' scenes.

I couldn't take the show seriously though during the Angel & Immortal interactions, I just ended up making stupid sexual jokes :lol: I couldn't resist

Overall, Rin was okay. Just okay for me

Sakurasou soon.

Last edited:
Back