The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I started fate/hollow ataraxia. I really can't get enough of the Nasuverse right now.. Meanwhile I started watching something called Scrapped Princess. Pretty good stuff so far

Would guys buy a studio ghibli collection for 130 usd?

Not really interested but dude how's it going?

^ Drawn frames, almost all of it is painted too. That's mad commitment. Try doing it yourself and you'll have a better appreciation for it. Well, at least for the art.

----------------------------

Hibike Euphonium ended today, and wow did it end on a good note. The band rocked. They had great energy and it was animated beautifully. All the individual subtle movements of each person giving it their all was nice to watch. Give that performance a watch, you don't even have to watch all 13 episodes.

The show itself grows on bleh foundation, but it's at least visually pretty, doesn't dwell too long on dragged out emotional conflict and has band instruments playing.

^ Drawn frames, almost all of it is painted too. That's mad commitment. Try doing it yourself and you'll have a better appreciation for it. Well, at least for the art.
Art's cool and all that but that's not justification enough for the praise they get as far as I'm concerned. Then again, as I still enjoy watching Evangelion even after seeing those last few episodes, my quality standards are quite erratic.

The show itself grows on bleh foundation, but it's at least visually pretty, doesn't dwell too long on dragged out emotional conflict...
Everything KyoAni ever made.

Everything KyoAni ever made.

If you have any aspirations of becoming a comedian, you've gotta remember that jokes need punchlines.

Unless you simply didn't read the "doesn't dwell too long on dragged out emotional conflict" bit, in which case I agree. Otherwise, I present to you your punchline:

Air, Kanon, Clannad.

I'm not a Ghibli kind of guy. I find their movies entertaining but not really as deserving of the praise that they get.

Which Ghibli films have you seen? IMHO some are vastly overrated and pretty much only serve as eyecandy, whereas some are great.

Also, while Ghibli is sometimes synonomous with Miyazaki, some of their best movies aren't his work.

Last edited:
Hibike Euphonium ended today, and wow did it end on a good note. The band rocked. They had great energy and it was animated beautifully. All the individual subtle movements of each person giving it their all was nice to watch. Give that performance a watch, you don't even have to watch all 13 episodes.

The show itself grows on bleh foundation, but it's at least visually pretty, doesn't dwell too long on dragged out emotional conflict and has band instruments playing.

That's good to hear, @BayneHamlin1121 and I were planning to perhaps start it, or perhaps start Gangster when it aired.

[...] Clannad.

*shuffles nervously in his seat*

I'm still in.
And behold my sucky drawing:

Hey, it's not that bad, just needs 6x longer legs and you're set 👍

SVX

Dude I truly don't remember that post at all :lol: finish it!

I'll try and get something out Thursday or Friday night. Tomorrow's a holiday.

So you're still in.

I finished Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (I actually spelt that right)

Aaaah dude, I have always wanted to watch that but it looks like absolutely unsafe viewing in any situation :lol: my wife wouldn't even go trough the first episode. I truly don't expect much of it, it¿'s almost out of curiosity, but it seems I'll have to buy me some time alone to watch it. It isn't long iirc, right?

SVX
That's good to hear, @BayneHamlin1121 and I were planning to perhaps start it, or perhaps start Gangster when it aired.

I'd prioritize Gangsta first. But Hibike honestly does not do much. I thought the show was going to go on into a 24-episode thing since I did not sense an ending, but nope that wasn't the case.

But in any case, here's the thing they played at the end:

Last edited:
Not bad.
1512298_785872654844271_7989185305370803775_n.jpg

Rin from LL.
11693967_936980609674674_6453970770806768266_n.jpg

Air, Kanon, Clannad.
Blogh.

>when you forget about something because it's old/ unappealing to you

God Eater is a joke. I'm tired of seeing the same goddamn tropes over and over; it's been milked enough. I didn't even find Attack on Titan very interesting and that was most likely the best that could come out of that sort of scenario.

Blogh.

>when you forget about something because it's old/ unappealing to you

God Eater is a joke. I'm tired of seeing the same goddamn tropes over and over; it's been milked enough. I didn't even find Attack on Titan very interesting and that was most likely the best that could come out of that sort of scenario.

You could say the same for any other anime/manga trope, or any trope in general... You could just simply not watch it.

Aaaah dude, I have always wanted to watch that but it looks like absolutely unsafe viewing in any situation :lol: my wife wouldn't even go trough the first episode. I truly don't expect much of it, it¿'s almost out of curiosity, but it seems I'll have to buy me some time alone to watch it. It isn't long iirc, right?

Don't watch that show around people :lol:. I had to reduce the volume on my speakers otherwise my Queen would have been knocking on the room door wondering what I was watching.

Quite a few scenes are Off-Screen but the sound is what gets you. The first episode and beyond had a few sucking wind through your teeth moments but the rest was just..... Hmmmm.... fanservice? :dunce:

The show consists of 6 , 45 minute episodes. If you're determined you can grind them in a day, I watched it over 3 days.

I'll describe some of Rin in a sentence. Rin is an example of what happens when you leave your swag on turned so high that the knob broke off and you can't adjust a thing, let the wrath of women ensue. You'll get what I mean if you watch it.

Overall it's ok by me. I'd say take your time.

In other news, I saw the first episode of Sakurasou today, would have seen more but Ratchet & Clank got too fun and time passed. 1st episode left a nice impression on me, I'm looking forward to the rest 👍

Hatsune Tokyo Ghoul, nice

11692564_810413609073542_2104742927496286889_n.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Techny, post: 10819782, member: [\quote]

Not really interested but dude how's it going?[/QUOTE]
Alright, how bout you?

Finished Unlimited Blade Works. Humanity is saved, but the feels that Gilgamesh could've off'd everyone with Ea alone (no Enkidu needed) still lingers. Arrogance.

Body is ready for Heaven's Feel. Already having Sakura feels.

Finished Unlimited Blade Works. Humanity is saved, but the feels that Gilgamesh could've off'd everyone with Ea alone (no Enkidu needed) still lingers. Arrogance.

Body is ready for Heaven's Feel. Already having Sakura feels.

IMO HF is a bit more interesting than UBW, though UBW has its own merits.

-------

OP for Gangsta., and it's not bad:

Back