The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
But hey, if you look at the bigger picture, these anime clubs at least open people up to it. It's an icebreaker. People like you and I no longer need to attend those meetings. We've graduated from that.

Believe in that if it comforts you.

So I spent the past hour thinking of how the main protagonist of my upcoming webcomic should look, and this ended up being the result.

1444465781477-92059458.jpg

Thoughts?

Give us a description of the protagonist and also just a premise & setting of the show then we can give you our full thoughts.
Premise? As in plot? Or background?

EDIT: I'll come back with more info tomorrow in my area, it's 3 in the morning...

Even if I were going somewhere there was an anime club, I wouldn't go to it because these days I rarely ever actually watch anime. (He says, having watched One Punch Man two days ago.)

Steel is my body and fire in my blood.
@AOS- I forgot that there was a tact there...but Anime clubs still exist outside of our general education. A few buddies of mine suggested we take over a lounge and watch anime. They suggested Death Note ir AoT. I had Hellsing ult. And Robotic Notes on dvd....We eventually watch Deathnote.
1154577440632.jpg

Last edited:
Ech.
That's just my experience with the people I've met.
Though it's up to you to determine if you fall under that description if you are one of those kinds of people.
That's the other 75%. If SAO is all were watching, I'm just gonna read some manga off to the side or something, or just leave if it gets too cringy

I think the biggest mistake you can make in High School is going to the anime club, to be completely honest. Last time I went, there were kids crawling under the tables going "Nyaaa"...

Not even kidding, this was recent.

Last edited:
My experience with anime clubs is that despite getting really really cringeworthy, it is overall not so bad. Especially when most of the members in this one don't bite your head off when openly state that you dislike a specific anime. Some are actually willing to share each others' interests in different series rather than keep to themselves, unlike the ones I see at my high school.

My high school... I don't even know if they know what anime is. Their flyers had Gumball on it.

Give us a description of the protagonist and also just a premise & setting of the show then we can give you our full thoughts.

Well.... Oh man.
The character's name is Kiel (same pronunciation as "Kyle") Larsson, a 20-year old Swedish-born English photographer who switches jobs and joins a low-end Japanese racing team known as "GTR: Genki Team Racing" after being discovered by a scout while street racing with a friend. Altruistic and rather level-headed, Kiel displays a lot of potential for both a racer and a driver.

The webcomic takes within Europe, America, and Japan (mostly Japan since it centralizes upon the character and his racing team), and has both circuit racing and street racing present.

Think of it like a comic based on a driving and racing sim, but with complete story inside it.

I think the biggest mistake you can make in High School is going to the anime club, to be completely honest. Last time I went, there were kids crawling under the tables going "Nyaaa"...

As long as they were kawaii bishoujos, I'm okay with that :sly:..

But for some reason, the first thing I imagined after reading this the first time were boys going "nyaa". It sent a few shivers up and down my spine and tail bone.

Even if I were going somewhere there was an anime club, I wouldn't go to it because these days I rarely ever actually watch anime. (He says, having watched One Punch Man two days ago.)
same situation here lmao, I've been pressing myself to watch Parasyte but meh.

I think this is more because you live in California than because of typical weeaboo behavior.

There's no anime club at my school, though I imagine someone might propose one long after I graduate.

Hah, that's pretty amusing.

As long as they were kawaii bishoujos, I'm okay with that :sly:..

But for some reason, the first thing I imagined after reading this the first time were boys going "nyaa". It sent a few shivers up and down my spine and tail bone.

Boys doing it will still be pretty amusing. Creepy but amusing.

I'm gonna try to derive Archer's chant... somehow in the future.

I finished Terror in Resonance now, twas a good show I say. I like that the show tried to be serious, was actually serious and I could take it seriously. Not like Freezing where the show wanted me to take it seriously but I just couldn't because ...... things....

It has Yoko Kanno & Shinichiro Watanabe, not more needs to be said.

My only issue with the show is that the characters could have been fleshed out more, particularly Lisa & Five.

Other than that, I liked it.

Anime club, well there wasn't one at my High School nor is there one at my varsity. I just chat to mates that know and watch Anime. To a lot of people I know they just regard them as "Chinese Cartoons" . I'm not kidding, that's word for word. I've been trying to get people around me into the medium though it hasn't been easy.

Well.... Oh man.
The character's name is Kiel (same pronunciation as "Kyle") Larsson, a 20-year old Swedish-born English photographer who switches jobs and joins a low-end Japanese racing team known as "GTR: Genki Team Racing" after being discovered by a scout while street racing with a friend. Altruistic and rather level-headed, Kiel displays a lot of potential for both a racer and a driver.

The webcomic takes within Europe, America, and Japan (mostly Japan since it centralizes upon the character and his racing team), and has both circuit racing and street racing present.

Think of it like a comic based on a driving and racing sim, but with complete story inside it.

The look of the character as well as the premise & setting reminds me of James Hunt but a different interpretation if you will.

Seems like a promising story, let's see how it unfolds. I like a good twist :P

Last edited:
On the topic of anime clubs, I popped to a taster session just to check it out as I've started to dip my foot into anime itself. The President was asking everyone what to watch for the session. Over on my end, about 99% of the people in the session were requesting for Naruto so my suggestions of both Rebellion (which I already watched some time ago, but I need to re-watch it to spot a few things) and Your Lie In April (which I've been long overdue to check out) pretty much drowned.

Eh. Maybe watching anime is probably better done in my own time rather than in the club.

...Oh, hello to everyone on TGAT by the way. I'll probably visit a bit more often when I need to find something decent for my tastes.

On the topic of anime clubs, I popped to a taster session just to check it out as I've started to dip my foot into anime itself. The President was asking everyone what to watch for the session. Over on my end, about 99% of the people in the session were requesting for Naruto so my suggestions of both Rebellion (which I already watched some time ago, but I need to re-watch it to spot a few things) and Your Lie In April (which I've been long overdue to check out) pretty much drowned.

Eh. Maybe watching anime is probably better done in my own time rather than in the club.

There's one thing I've picked up whenever people talk about anime, it's either Naruto. One Piece or Bleach (not bad shows) and nothing else comes into the picture except now AOT rears its head in on a few talks.

I think some people don't wanna branch out. I'd like to see a group that does that.

...Oh, hello to everyone on TGAT by the way. I'll probably visit a bit more often when I need to find something decent for my tastes.

One of us.... One of us.... ONE OF US...

Welcome :lol:

Oh my 🤬 🤬. I've seen anime with a lot of violence and gruesome and I know Yugioh can get pretty violent as well in the Japanese version, like when a guy ripped off his hand in 5D's and gave it to his brother, but I still can't believe with what they did in the recent episode on Arc-V and it wasn't even close to being in the level of Gore.

Yuzu got knocked over on her Bike by a Psychopath during their duel and her body crashed into a Building that Exploded

I shouldn't be shocked by this, I am able to sit through the most violent stuff without feeling sick or shocked but for some reason, this Episode just made me go "WHAT THE 🤬"

Back