The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
When somebody called your waifu a kurwa...
wqQK9mJRDAY.jpg

SVX
lol, I wouldn't recommend you watch any of the Monogatari series then. ;)

Don't hate on the Monogatari

WARNING: Maybe NSFW because violence? I dunno

Anyone know this show?

Warning: Yeah NSFW, probably violence too

Don't hate on the Monogatari

WARNING: Maybe NSFW because violence? I dunno

Anyone know this show?

Warning: Yeah NSFW, probably violence too

Actually, that violent fight scene didn't even shock me in comparison to what I saw in Arc-V :lol:. Though even though I know that the level of violence was MUCH worse.

Oh my 🤬 🤬. I've seen anime with a lot of violence and gruesome and I know Yugioh can get pretty violent as well in the Japanese version, like when a guy ripped off his hand in 5D's and gave it to his brother, but I still can't believe with what they did in the recent episode on Arc-V and it wasn't even close to being in the level of Gore.

Yuzu got knocked over on her Bike by a Psychopath during their duel and her body crashed into a Building that Exploded

I shouldn't be shocked by this, I am able to sit through the most violent stuff without feeling sick or shocked but for some reason, this Episode just made me go "WHAT THE 🤬"

Talk about Overkill La Overkill.

There's one thing I've picked up whenever people talk about anime, it's either Naruto. One Piece or Bleach (not bad shows) and nothing else comes into the picture except now AOT rears its head in on a few talks.

I think some people don't wanna branch out. I'd like to see a group that does that.
It's a shame really. There's loads of stuff out there and I'm sure there's a good handful that people would watch in the clubs. The main problem of the club I visited was that they didn't seem to keep up with what's coming out recently as hardly anyone there knew about Your Lie in April when I suggested it. A lot of people seem to be secluding themselves from the other animes out there and would rather stay in their tiny bubble that is Naruto, or One Piece, or Bleach.

I'm not sure why people wouldn't branch out. It's a bit like trying new food; some shows are good, some are a bit mediocre but you'll at least increase your scope regardless. I've been watching a few different shows mostly out of curiosity, some being better shows than others:

• Madoka (the three movies, is it really worth watching the series now having seen them? :lol:)
  • Attack on Titan
  • Nichijou
  • Gintama (only a handful of episodes so far)
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Plastic Memories
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation (Ok, this was more for project research rather than curiosity, but that's another story)
  • School-Live! (This was a mix of project research and curiosity, as the plot is pretty similar to what I'm doing for the project)
  • Speaking of food, better add Shokugeki No Soma to the list
I'm still looking around for anything worth watching for this season, though I'm a bit saddened by the lack of any racing shows in recent years.

One of us.... One of us.... ONE OF US...

Welcome :lol:
Woah, menacing...

Greetings anyway!

i3u66Z3.jpg

Attack on Titan

This is my personal opinion on the Attack on Titan anime: It's bad. Every episode adds filler to make time and it screws the plot up. I couldn't watch it after noticing it for three episodes straight and just decided to read the manga instead.

Again, personal opinion.

This is my personal opinion on the Attack on Titan anime: It's bad. Every episode adds filler to make time and it screws the plot up. I couldn't watch it after noticing it for three episodes straight and just decided to read the manga instead.

Again, personal opinion.
As I said, some of the shows on the list I posted were better than others. When it came to AoT I just felt that the flashbacks in particular disrupted some of the pacing, especially in climatic scenes. It's probably just me, but I would rather watch these flashbacks "as it happened" rather than being forced into some important scene and having to take this newfound information in for a second or so before continuing with the rest of the battle.

It's a shame really. There's loads of stuff out there and I'm sure there's a good handful that people would watch in the clubs. The main problem of the club I visited was that they didn't seem to keep up with what's coming out recently as hardly anyone there knew about Your Lie in April when I suggested it. A lot of people seem to be secluding themselves from the other animes out there and would rather stay in their tiny bubble that is Naruto, or One Piece, or Bleach.

I'm not sure why people wouldn't branch out. It's a bit like trying new food; some shows are good, some are a bit mediocre but you'll at least increase your scope regardless. I've been watching a few different shows mostly out of curiosity, some being better shows than others:

• Madoka (the three movies, is it really worth watching the series now having seen them? :lol:)
  • Attack on Titan
  • Nichijou
  • Gintama (only a handful of episodes so far)
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Plastic Memories
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation (Ok, this was more for project research rather than curiosity, but that's another story)
  • School-Live! (This was a mix of project research and curiosity, as the plot is pretty similar to what I'm doing for the project)
  • Speaking of food, better add Shokugeki No Soma to the list
I'm still looking around for anything worth watching for this season, though I'm a bit saddened by the lack of any racing shows in recent years.

Woah, menacing...

Greetings anyway!

I honestly think it's just being scared to try something new. To add to that, anime is weird, people fear the weird.
A lot of people I know LOVED DBZ, Yu Gi Oh (Very first season) & Pokemon but when I suggest that they should try Cowboy Bebop etc
suddenly there's this disinterest in Anime.

The other issue I think is access to these shows. It's easy to get episodes of the Big 3 to watch plus I believe in the West some aired on TV. Bleach & Naruto aired here in SA for some time and got some love. Sure Crunchyroll & Funimation now show a lot of stuff but they're still somewhat limited compared to 'other' means. Other means which some may not be fond of.

Could dub or sub be part of this? Possibly. Many like dubs from my side.

Driving shows, I can't really comment much except for Initial D. That's about it.

For yourself though, the chaps here in this thread know what's up, so feel free to ask anything and share your own opinions too. :D

In other news, I started Freezing Vibration (Dammit) tonight. So far I like the premise. Freezing does have an interesting story, hence why I'm attracted to it despite its issues. Maybe once I'm done with this season I'll take a look at the manga.

On the topic of dubs.... There are some dubs that do exceptionally well, and then, well... There's stuff like this.

I stumbled across this some time ago and I've never been at such a loss of words before. This is probably as close as anyone can get to having an official abridged series of an anime.

Figured those two above never heard of them.

View attachment 460741
Okay, how the hell is she holding this?

Teh Oshino trollololol :P
Anyone know this show?

Not a show. It's a segment from Kill Bill. Pro tip: Check youtube comments because usually you can find the answer there.

Also, did someone share pics of this pretty cool figure yet?

W7nsMAv.jpg

I'll admit the pose is quite tamer than most figurine finds I share, but I found a closeup of the face and I was really impressed with the facial expression mainly because of the differently shaped eyes.

Another week, another Owarimonogatari episode, and...

That was excellent. Like, genuinely excellent. I must say I'm surprised.

You'd know the answer to this:

Currently going through Monogatari as you know. Noticed chronologically Owari comes after Tsuki... is it necessary to watch Owari before going on to the next two? I dislike watching anime before they finish - prefer to binge just one series.

You guys heard of Team Four Star before?

They do some funny abridged series.
I personally prefer LittleKuriboh's Yugioh Abridged. Infact that show got me into Yugioh in the first place XD.

Speaking of Yugioh, I really love this opening used for its new Arc, the Kings Gambit Arc:

I got bored of YGO Abridged after a while. Team Four Star seeks a greater round of cast rather than having one person voicing all the characters.

I got bored of YGO Abridged after a while. Team Four Star seeks a greater round of cast rather than having one person voicing all the characters.
Season 1 was the only season I didn't like of YGO Abridged. Season 2 started to get good and introduced memorable characters of Merik, Bakura and Melvin, which felt like signature characters to the series, even more than the main 4 protagonists. Season 3 was even better and even got TFS to help with the voices for the Big Five, the editing and audio got much better in this season to and LK didn't try to hold back on his jokes.

SVX
You'd know the answer to this:

Currently going through Monogatari as you know. Noticed chronologically Owari comes after Tsuki... is it necessary to watch Owari before going on to the next two? I dislike watching anime before they finish - prefer to binge just one series.

Just watch Monogatari in release order. Bake, Nise, Neko, Series Two, Hana, Tsuki, Owari.

Back