The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
As I was going through my phone pictures I realised I never actually mentioned that I flew up from one end of the North Island to the other to meet Sora Tokui - Nico's voice actor from Love Live!

The event itself started out rocky where it turned out the business which was holding the promotion to get a token for an autograph from Soramaru decided to skip the Love Live figurines for other stuff. For a Love Live seiyuu event. :boggled: Eventually I managed to find something that I could buy.

Soramaru was delightful. Everything I had hoped for and more. I even showed her how NZ does it's dank memes with a cheeky comment. She was asked what foods in New Zealand she'd like to try, and when the audience went silent I blurted out "fish and chips!". She laughed. Can tick that off the bucket list...

Then came the signing. I fanboyed. So hard. She handed me the card with a cheery smile and looked up at me and I just about lost it. Walking away I was thinking to myself how it was all worth it. I didn't stop shaking for nearly ten minutes after I had sat down to gather my marbles.

Loot:

425.JPG

Pictures! A few are from a cool hobby store I went to whilst sight seeing in Auckland

295.JPG
296.JPG
297.JPG
298.JPG
299.JPG
300.JPG
301.JPG
302.JPG
313.JPG
314.JPG
315.JPG
316.JPG
317.JPG

All in all it was a great day. I wonder who they will have next year.

SVX
As I was going through my phone pictures I realised I never actually mentioned that I flew up from one end of the North Island to the other to meet Sora Tokui - Nico's voice actor from Love Live!

The event itself started out rocky where it turned out the business which was holding the promotion to get a token for an autograph from Soramaru decided to skip the Love Live figurines for other stuff. For a Love Live seiyuu event. :boggled: Eventually I managed to find something that I could buy.

Soramaru was delightful. Everything I had hoped for and more. I even showed her how NZ does it's dank memes with a cheeky comment. She was asked what foods in New Zealand she'd like to try, and when the audience went silent I blurted out "fish and chips!". She laughed. Can tick that off the bucket list...

Then came the signing. I fanboyed. So hard. She handed me the card with a cheery smile and looked up at me and I just about lost it. Walking away I was thinking to myself how it was all worth it. I didn't stop shaking for nearly ten minutes after I had sat down to gather my marbles.

Loot:

View attachment 580087

Pictures! A few are from a cool hobby store I went to whilst sight seeing in Auckland

I am legit jealous.

Is that a NOB cosplayer?

Last edited:
I guess you can say I'm jelly, but it's not like I'm interested in meeting an VA, ne!

Next time, save your money for really good figurines. Absolutely no regrets for the rest of your life.

I guess you can say I'm jelly, but I'm not interested in meeting an VA.

Next time, save your money for really good figurines. Absolutely no regrets for the rest of your life.

I'd rather spend the time to buy that online. Make sure I get what I really want.

SVX

Loot:

View attachment 580087

Are you trying to make me shift my head in a SHAFT-ryu angle with those pictures, sir SVX? I'll have you know that the doctor's bills will be on your end if I break my neck... ;) :lol:

Joke aside, took you long enough to tell this wonderful story. The event management was rocky to say the least, but the important part of said event was there, and you met it in person. In the end, you got your figurines (albeit some lesser good ones), you got your own highlight moment with Soramaru and her autograph which you'll probably frame and preserve as if it was your lifeline. I'd say that you got everything you wanted and more, wouldn't you?

Us Portuguese have yet to get a major-top-end Japanese actor for any given Japanese event. The closest thing we got to having top-end JDM stuff was when (somehow) Iberanime got both Hidenobu Kageyama and Akira Kushida for two consecutive events (last year and this year).
The drawback? Said events were in Lisbon, because Iberanime has two separate events for the North and the South of the country. So, being a person who doesn't exactly live near Lisbon, I missed out on both those concerts. :indiff: The North-based events never got those big names, and this year will be more of the same (it will be local band Blasted Mechanism and Gaijin Sentai doing the honors when it comes to the musical part)...

Well, one day the North has to get what the South was able to, darn it.

Nani nani.

Subaru got pulled into another dimension. Ram's there. Did they realize he's Pride?

Ram's probably going to wipe him out.
Speculate.

14138431_10210344985489285_1522422019_n.jpg

Been reading another delinquent manga lately, this one having been written in the early 80's. It's called Be Bop Highschool, and it's a lighthearted comedy about these two unpopular delinquents. I'm about halfway through it and can't wait to read the next chapter.
1.jpg

Huh. So a Netflix-produced Death Note film adaptation is under way.

Like, legitimately. Not the typical "acquired rights, pre-production phase, cold feet then nada" bull that typically happens with most Hollywood game/anime adaptations. They actually started filming two months ago.

I was looking at some of the casting choices....

nat-wolff.0.0.jpg

Nat Wolff playing Light, never heard of him but yeah okay he looks fine for the role. Maybe a bit too innocent-looking, but hey:
EqWCqHPE.jpg

margaret-qualley.jpg

Being played by Margaret Qualley. Character renamed Mia. Suitably hot. Acting chops unknown.

MV5BMTY2MjIwNTkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzQxNTk5NzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

A young time-travelling Ben Carson, aka "Keith Stanfield" :lol:

I don't have a problem with this, but I do find it hilarious.

Literally the only member of the cast/crew I recognize is Willem Dafoe, who will be voicing Ryuk. That's neat, I guess. :P

The real question is...WHENS MAHVEL LIVE-ACTION EVANGELION? :P

or go off the rails with some crazy Impact-powered concept is anyone's guess.

The Impact engine remains dormant for a ver long time until you've logged enough in-game hours. Once available, it can only be used only once ever. Once activated, the game crashes and your console begin meltdown.

DK
The "niiiiiiii~!" sounds like a dodgy V12 from Ferrari's darkest timeline in the early 90s.

Chalk one up to the "things I never thought I'd hear in an anime context" list, because I sure as heck wouldn't have thought of that...

And if there is anything that the video proved, is that good things can be tainted if not used sparringly. And boy was that Nii used poorly...

Latest Posts

Back