The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Also, when you watch those drama shows where there's always that one character who's sole purpose is to screw up other people's lives, you just have to be frustrated when they get let off the hook so easily (aka didn't receive a slap to the face). I speak of Citrus episode 9.

Wooooo... that rustled my jimmies waayyy too much.

Looks like I haven't talked about anime for a while now. Time to share.

So this season so far felt like more of a chill season with the two seasonal animes I've been watching are all chill and no drama compared to the last two seasons where there's at least one anime where it includes drama and serious vibes or something like that. Currently on my list is Takagi-san and Yuru Camp. Originally I had Citrus on my watch list for this season but I decided to replace it with Yuru Camp instead since I find the manga version of Citrus to be better compared to the anime version.

And continuing on with my KyoAni marathon (yes I made that up and it's a marathon in which it's about me watching the good KyoAni animes from Suzumiya to Clannad. Same thing will be applied on A1 Pictures soon once I'm done with KyoAni.), so far I've been impressed. K-On has already won its place on my list of most memorable animes, Tamako Market and Love Story made me smile with its chill atmosphere and comedic scenes, and right now Amagi Brilliant Park is good.

It works on Mika, but pigtails that short are a hell no on Kanade.
It's the theme of the song mate. It's literally called Twintail no Kaze. No, I wouldn't take Kanade like that either. But that's better than one guy on Twitter who saw her and Miho's extensions and suggested we all boycott Starlight Stage.

Screenshot_20180301-171527.jpg

Anyway. I've got that Kanade now and the last one I need is available again. Once I have that, my Kan colle is complete. No, wait...

Oh, and after I've got that I'm done collecting just about anything I want on Stalright Stage. Until late July, at least. So it's gonna be just one long grind until then.

Anyway.

Shabadabada. Frederica's second image song is lining up to be something pretty special.

So next week will be the last chapter release of ReLIFE manga. :(

For me its kinda sad to see one of my favorite mangas to end (and it had to be on my birth month of all months) since ReLIFE made my Mondays good. But overall, I loved the manga. Every time its Monday, I'm hyped to read the manga and once the Discord server (it's the scanlator server of ReLIFE) pings me that a new chapter is released, I get pumped up and read it. And also led to me in discovering probably one of my favorite girls on a manga aka Hishiron.

But now, I'm ready to wait for the OVAs to come. Can't wait to see how it goes.

Thanks Yayoi Sou for giving me a manga that was memorable and enjoyable to me.

After being distracted by life, I finally got around to finishing Made in Abyss. Very interesting show. I thought the 13 episodes comprised the entire story, which made me really curious at how the hell they were going to end it in the later episodes, but now know that this was merely a 1st season. And so the waiting begins...

I really appreciate the efforts taken to show how harsh and hostile the world of the abyss is, producing some truly hard to watch scenes. I had trouble keeping my eyes on the screen during Riko's poisoning. Really well done, and entirely necessary in order to be consistent with the world. I do think they should've stuck with her losing her arm, but at least it would appear as if she has lost some degree of motion in it, and so some level of consequence is maintained. The Mitty story arch was brilliant, dark and sad. I think the crying at her death was over the top though. I would've appreciated a more subdued reaction.

The show lingered too long around the Ozen sub plot for my liking, and her character just kind of annoyed me. Especially her inability to end a sentence without saying "Nee". The twist concerning Riko's birth and ascension from the abyss was great though.

The music is okay, but the only piece that really stood out to me as being brilliant was Hanezeve Caradhina. Very emotional track.

Last edited:
After being distracted by life, I finally got around to finishing Made in Abyss. Very interesting show. I thought it the 13 episodes comprised the entire story, which made me really curious at how the hell they were going to end it in the later episodes, but now know that this was merely a 1st season. And so the waiting begins...

I really appreciate the efforts taken to show how harsh and hostile the world of the abyss is, producing some truly hard to watch scenes. I really had trouble keeping my eyes on the screen during Riko's poisoning. Really well done, and entirely necessary in order to be consistent with the world. I do think they should've stuck with her losing her arm, but at least it would appear as if she has lost some degree of motion in it. The Mitty story arch was brilliant, dark and sad. I think the crying at her death was over the top though.

The show lingered too long around the Ozen sub plot for my liking, and her character just kind of annoyed me. Especially her inability to end a sentence without saying "Nee". The twist concerning Riko's birth and ascension from the abyss was great though.

The music is okay, but the only piece that really stood out to me as being brilliant was Hanezeve Caradhina. Very emotional track.

It did win Crunchyroll's "Anime of The Year" though. And I'm really happy to hear that. My Hero Academia almost win the whole categories btw lol. Thankfully, Made In Abyss took the good ones. It is also win "Best Soundtrack" but I already guessed that.

In my opinion everything in this anime is good, especially the nicely drawn and beautiful background settings, likeable characters, shocking plot twist and then obviously the endearing soundtrack itself. The plot is also getting more interesting through episodes. (However, I agree to what you said, that part is a bit dragging btw) Anyway, can't wait how "dark" season 2 will be. Must be fun I supposed.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but Doki Doki Literature Club is one of the sweetest and heartwarming VNs I've come across. It's free on Steam so if you want a story full of sunshine and flowers, give it a try.

Not to quote a old post because I'm only now responding to it...

But I watched a couple of videos highlighting what's up with DDLC, and man...

I am absolutely in love with the idea that the game is tampered with and modified by the character. Hell, I love even more so the fact the game files themselves are generated, can be tampered with and are designed to be tampered with too. Like whhaaaat. So much 4th wall stuff going on!

Apparently all that garbled text can be decoded and has been, and actually contains substance of stuff that contribute to the overall story? Whattttttttttt?!! how deep does all this go?!

Not to quote a old post because I'm only now responding to it...

But I watched a couple of videos highlighting what's up with DDLC, and man...

I am absolutely in love with the idea that the game is tampered with and modified by the character. Hell, I love even more so the fact the game files themselves are generated, can be tampered with and are designed to be tampered with too. Like whhaaaat. So much 4th wall stuff going on!

Apparently all that garbled text can be decoded and has been, and actually contains substance of stuff that contribute to the overall story? Whattttttttttt?!! how deep does all this go?!

I think we should give kudos to Team Salvato as developer they could simulate as if the whole events were real about game being glitchy and stuff but actually it is part of the game design. This is what I think makes the game being fun and immersive in my opinion in which us as a player were given an unexpected twist and then sheer loads of shock therapy in a genre that usually we think at first as not challenging at all and rather tame. We are all wrong though... And instead of "heart throb" we've got "heart pumping" in the process...

I wonder if I should play the game from start again since I already finished it, but then I realized myself is a bit scared when it goes to second act... That part of the game is haunting me... :scared::nervous:

It did win Crunchyroll's "Anime of The Year" though. And I'm really happy to hear that. My Hero Academia almost win the whole categories btw lol. Thankfully, Made In Abyss took the good ones. It is also win "Best Soundtrack" but I already guessed that.

In my opinion everything in this anime is good, especially the nicely drawn and beautiful background settings, likeable characters, shocking plot twist and then obviously the endearing soundtrack itself. The plot is also getting more interesting through episodes. (However, I agree to what you said, that part is a bit dragging btw) Anyway, can't wait how "dark" season 2 will be. Must be fun I supposed.

I think Koi No Katachi is much more deserving of that title. But Made in Abyss certainly is a fresh take on the fantasy genre.

I started watching Girls Last Tour now. Very pleasant and relaxing to watch. Just two adorable characters traveling the world, talking about life, and exploring a desolate world on a Kettenkrad.

Is the part where the game "crashes" a real programming crash or more like a soft lock?

The part after Sayori hung herself then the game stated the save data is corrupted and reboot the game to the beginning. So yes, it is the "crashing" and "glitch" part The "soft lock" part however I find that is okay and pretty chill even though we are stuck and held captive by Monika, we have been given some nice talk and dialogue from her.

I started watching Girls Last Tour now. Very pleasant and relaxing to watch. Just two adorable characters traveling the world, talking about life, and exploring a desolate world on a Kettenkrad.

Good choice. I find the show quite relaxing to watch as well. Also :

The point is that whole universe is demised and abandoned, but both character always keep trying to know the truth about their existence as a human being in a very likeable and heart warming way.

Last edited:
It's over. ReLIFE manga is over. :(
End..png

Definitely it's on my top 5 mangas if not my all time favorite manga as well. Kudos to the author and the translating group (Whiteout Scans) for doing good work on the manga.

Now I need a new manga to read on during Mondays that's similar to ReLIFE.

Finished Girls Last Tour, and I gotta say...
while I really enjoyed the relaxed and down to earth tone of it, it also left me feeling somewhat empty. The last episode had some really unnecessary elements added (the weapon eating beings) that they didn't establish very well. If anything, they felt shoehorned in to further establish an anti war sentiment, which wasn't really necessary. On a similar note, the camera footage just didn't feel like a natural element for me. It doesn't tell us or the characters anything that we can't already deduce by simply observing the world, and I'm also just a bit surprised that Chi, in her search for information, would not have bothered to check the camera for older photos. Lastly, what was a nuclear submarine doing on one of the upper levels, where there is no ocean? What is even the deal with these levels? Do they represent human eras?

The open ending was to be expected and fits nicely into the overall show. It was never going to have a final conclusion, although I would've liked something a bit more final than what we got. I know the manga continues, but I doubt we'll get another season for the anime. In the end, the way the characters discuss very basic concepts such as life, home and music, without getting overly philosophical about it, is definitely the shows greatest strength. It feels very genuine.

Also, I really, REALLY want a Kettenkrad for my own now... Every bit the star of the show as the two leads.

Giving Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san a go. Feels very much like Tsurezure Children, except the focus is on one aspiring couple, and the episodes are full length. The latter might just hurt the show in the long run, as I feel 24 minutes is a tad long for doing the same thing over and over again. Still, a light hearted and cute anime for more casual viewing.

This week episode of Violet Evergarden got me like :

67731103_p0.jpg

Not sure what connection between these characters have to be honest, besides being people's "waifu of the season" imo :

67713527_p0.jpg

27750832_10157058776044097_869956086060937867_n.jpg

Procrastinated for a week, then I bought some actual useful tools and cut it out.

Wanted to post an update on the progress. I have to say a lot of time went into idling as I spent a great amount of time trying to figure out the easiest way to go about cutting out the shape from a large sheet of plywood. So before getting into that, I decided it would be a time saver to invest time into putting together a table-mounted jigsaw.

P_20180223_165409_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180223_202100_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180311_171635_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180311_171606_vHDR_On.jpg

Getting the rough cuts in. Don't have a large sanding disc, so I had to go at it with a dremel, meaning it's not easy to get a uniform thickness.

P_20180314_233052.jpg
P_20180317_154843.jpg

Spent the bulk of this week shaping in the curves and correcting over-cuts.

Came here to say that I'm sad the winter season is ending this week :(

Also, Pop Team Epic has an IMCDb entry too

Oh, and my face too

Also, Pop Team Epic has an IMCDb entry too

Saw the episode and I was like :

Damn... is that "The Shining" reference? I'm not sure at first but then it is been said in the second half that some reference are indeed the parody of the movie itself. Glad to know they pick the movie as the reference since it was one of the best Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece. Maybe "Space Odyssey" is next? :lol:

Also, who is ready to "get wild" here? New anime film project for "City Hunter" announced for 2019 :

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-new-city-hunter-film-for-spring-2019/.129190

By the way, here is the usual service :

66771992_p0.png
IMG_20180317_211358.jpg

This one I'm gonna put it in spoiler instead :

IMG_20180320_081858.jpg

Probably the "hottest" Riko fanart so far... :bowdown:

Last edited:
I want those plushies! Although I'd settle for a western Blu-Ray release of Konosuba...

I really like the artwork on the Girls Last Tour Blu-Ray releases, but why are they so expensive? There are three volumes, totaling some 32000 Yen. It's bordering on lunacy if you ask me... The lack of English subtitles is also rather annoying, although to be honest, they're not that important for this particular show. The dialogue is simple, and you get a good feel for what is being said by how it's said and the actual surroundings. I doubt this show will ever get a western release...

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07655KPC8/
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07652G8RK/
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07652G8RL/

Back