The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
That girl, whatever her name is, was absolutely adorable in the outfit.

I assume you're talking about their "Ultimate weapon"? If so, I completely agree. The happy expression on her face was akin to watching a puppy.
Mitsuki (black haired girl) is still best girl though...

Last edited:
I assume you're talking about their "Ultimate weapon"? If so, I completely agree. The happy expression on her face was akin to watching a puppy.
Mitsuki (black haired girl) is still best girl though...

The best thing about Kyoukai no Konata is the amount of waifu/best girl candidates available. Ayaka and Ai (that's what her name was) are my faves.

30261980_2050548361848756_3095323799212627016_n.png

I'd open it. I don't know the character, but I'd open it. No matter the outcome, I'd release it into the world!

Hahahahaha...:scared:

The best thing about Kyoukai no Konata is the amount of waifu/best girl candidates available. Ayaka and Ai (that's what her name was) are my faves.

I think that's true in general for Kyoto Animation works post K-On. I really dislike their earlier animation style, but from K-On and onwards their shows and movies look really good. I've already praised the fluid animation in Koe No Katachi to heaven and back, but they maintain a high standard in their shows as well, as evident in chuunibyou demo koi ga ****ai, Kyoukai no Konata and Sound! Euphonium. Their character designs aren't always the most original, but they look great, as does the animation in general.

If they could get their writing and storytelling up to the same consistently high standard as their animation (Koe No Katachi was pretty good in this regard), they'd usher in a new era of animation!

Also, you were right about the pricing for the Gravity Rush figures that I posted here a while back. The Kat one is retailing for 700 dollars... Not sure I can justify spending that much.

Hahahahaha...:scared:

Tell me. What monster have I released into the world? Seriously, what's the story of this up to no good looking character?

Iyou were right about the pricing for the Gravity Rush figures that I posted here a while back. The Kat one is retailing for 700 dollars... Not sure I can justify spending that much.

I was just looking that up as Kat showed up on my MFC notification.

The "Prime1 Exclusive", as they call it, is the same figure with a different expression. That's a hilarious use of the word "exclusive".

It's not $700 quality. I'm hunting for a figure that has sculpt quality worth that much though. Found a sweet deal on it at the expense of having no original box. Hoping this seller is legit.

I was just looking that up as Kat showed up on my MFC notification.

The "Prime1 Exclusive", as they call it, is the same figure with a different expression. That's a hilarious use of the word "exclusive".

It's not $700 quality. I'm hunting for a figure that has sculpt quality worth that much though. Found a sweet deal on it at the expense of having no original box. Hoping this seller is legit.

How about this Bloodborne figure for quality? Retails for a whopping 800 dollars! I want it so bad.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...ld-hunters-the-hunter-prime-1-studio-9030461/

bloodborne-the-hunter-statue-prime1-studio-9030461-01.jpg

Tell me. What monster have I released into the world? Seriously, what's the story of this up to no good looking character?

Look up astolfo memes. I can't really link them here, unfortunately. Also, I haven't seen this mentioned here but if it has been, I apologize. I'm excited for this anime:

df4122f6bc.png

It makes me weak in the knees.

Look up astolfo memes. I can't really link them here, unfortunately.

It was a trap! Still, I was kind of expecting something funnier, given the mischievous look on the plushies face. My search for the bringer of world annihilation continues.

Finally Persona 5 The Animation is out. Watched the first EP and as expected from A1 Pictures, animation is good including character design. Although it kinda have that pacing issue but it wasn't that much coming from a guy who played the game thrice.

I'm looking forward to the next EPs and see how will this work out for a 24 EP anime. And that amount of EPs already makes my worries about A1 Pictures making a Persona anime disappear since Persona 4 The Animation had that amount of EPs and it worked out well.

YES THEY RETCONNED THE ENDING FROM THE LAST SEASON AND NOW THE OPPAI DRAGON SONG IS IS WHAT STOPS RAGE MODE LIKE IT SHOULD BE IN COMPARISON TO THE LIGHT NOVEL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LONG LIVE OPPAI

Take a short break for a while before jump into Spring season shows at the moment. Since Winter season is over, I could say it is good enough. My top 3 titles from previous season would be After The Rain, Violet Evergarden and of course Pop Team Epic. Others were fine. Overall, not dissapointed by the shows I've picked at the start of the year. Hope this new season could be even better.

Okay, so we back to idol hell and here comes the new LLS solo! :D

Quite surprised by the choice of music style on this one. Mari as we expected going for rock but not heavy metal ones. Instead she goes for rock ballad and honestly it doesn't dissapoint. (Dunno sounds like an anime ending though. Was thinking of shonen anime or stuff like that lol). More surprising is Kanan. Wasn't expecting cute jazzy music for her solo and it does pretty good as well. Would say much better than Chika solo but have to wait for full version to decide.

Since the solo's are complete, can we have new singles for sub-unit Lantis? Please... :bowdown:

By the way, which Aqours member that look good with twintail you reckon? Well, my pick is...

IMG_20180413_131648.png

Riko, even though Yoshiko also look pretty good with it, but Riko is much cuter with that hairstyle... :embarrassed: :D

Wait..does that mean it's canon? That's a lame way to end.

Yes indeed. MF Ghost is truly the Initial D sequel.

Takumi just disappeared from the limelight after that incident. He used his retirement to teach his pupil - Kanata Katagiri - which will turn out to bear fruit.

Kanata and his 86 can overtake an FK8 Type R... and hang on to the Alfa 4C and Lotus Exige right now.

Yes indeed. MF Ghost is truly the Initial D sequel.

Takumi just disappeared from the limelight after that incident. He used his retirement to teach his pupil - Kanata Katagiri - which will turn out to bear fruit.

Kanata and his 86 can overtake an FK8 Type R... and hang on to the Alfa 4C and Lotus Exige right now.

Hmmm..interesting.

Also, Gundam 00 is being continued. I'm not sure why but okay.

Love live comes out with a 4th season?

No news about that yet. Currently they are focusing on live concerts and other stuff I think.

Meanwhile, DarliFraXX fanbase right now...

IMG_20180417_130130.jpg

Hope things get better next episode... Don't get me wrong this current episode (and last two) isn't that bad by the way (fairly strong episode too imo), but things escalated quickly and some people go rough after recent episode twist is not really necessary tbh... :rolleyes:

Anyway, @SVX I've got something for you :sly: :

IMG_20180417_053104.jpg

Well it is an SVX... Literally... :P :D

Has Assassin's Creed gone too far now

e9aN9jc.png

(It's a new Starlight Stage event. And after this comes the ever epic Live Groove...and the next CinFes.)

It's also a different idol's birthday.

bhVLgx3.jpg
kt0R15o.jpg
43c5qfa.jpg
0MTO5q4.jpg
O1Agz4i.png
k3I81Yp.jpg
ESXj64F.jpg
2G6ZHV4.jpg

Happy birthday, Maki. (I would post one from the best Maki artist and my favourite artist period, but for some reason he hasn't drawn her. Yet.)

Back