The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Well when you think about it not everyone likes the charm that a Miata has so I think it's a good fit. For now at least.

I mean, it's a 2 door convertible sports car, so it might not appeal to everyone's taste or need. Much like Tamamo herself I guess since you aren't the first I've heard who isn't too crazy about her.
Yep, I sure am not the type who likes her character and all. Honestly, I think she's overrated to be in the series but TM loves her so much that they decided to give her character more appeal for each game she appears in. However, in the same way, I don't think the Miata is an overrated roadster.

I understand. I'm just giving an example of Enzo arrogance personality as you said being one of main reasons why you choose Ferrari at first. Mine would be Lamborghini because they are known as "poster cars" and it purpose is to make people turn their heads so it is rather show off.

Oh hang on, how about Pagani? They have same characteristics as Lambo but much more exclusive and definitely a unicorn btw.

Interesting. But how would it fit in to someone like Gilgamesh? The self declared "King of Kings"?

Yep, I sure am not the type who likes her character and all. Honestly, I think she's overrated to be in the series but TM loves her so much that they decided to give her character more appeal for each game she appears in. However, in the same way, I don't think the Miata is an overrated roadster.

Well you're more than welcome to suggest a different car. I'd be interested in what you would pick.

Well you're more than welcome to suggest a different car. I'd be interested in what you would pick.
I couldn't pick yet as of this moment. So maybe it'll be days before I could guess one. But I'm not trying to say there that the Miata isn't a plausible choice for it. It's just that there could be something more better to describe her but just hard to think about.

Interesting. But how would it fit in to someone like Gilgamesh? The self declared "King of Kings"?

Not sure about that to be honest, but if I took your definition for "king of kings" it takes more than Pagani in my opinion so I will pull that out. That means it is going to be Bugatti, Koenigsegg or similiar hypercar then, because their speed were unmatched while the price tag is what makes them worth and special. That is what I think of king of kings in this case at least, correct me if I'm wrong :cheers:

Alright, so I've done watching the Chuunibyou : Take On Me movie last night and here is my simple thoughts :

It was better than I expected! :D The chemistry between Yuuta and Rikka in this movie is strong till the end and all returning characters properly serve their purpose as they were in anime series. Nice to see our main couple go for a trip to met with Rikka's mom and through journey their bonds are getting stronger and they learn that loving someone doesn't mean you have to be different. Just be yourself because it what makes you special. Also, all of this runaway happened simply because Touka is about to get married and moved to Italy lol.

Anyway, the plot somehow reminds me the Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" but with a different take. The main couple is trying to get away from Touka and she forced Nibutani and Dekomori to catch them and thus became hilarious in the process :lol:

As for the animation it is good as usual KyoAni standards. My favorites would be the epic short Chuuni fight scenes between Rikka and Dekomori at the tower, also the climax scene at the ship near to the end makes me felt like watching a clip from Disney movie. The visual effect and graphics in general were eye candy and catchy.

Overall, it was enjoyable watch. Brings me back to what I like about this anime in the first place with a nice closure for this funny and bittersweet romance story after years of waiting. Thanks KyoAni. :bowdown: :cheers:

By the way, I'm still waiting for Goblin Slayer finale and then I will review this season shows and my impression for this year as a whole.

Last edited:
Not sure about that to be honest, but if I took your definition for "king of kings" it takes more than Pagani in my opinion so I will pull that out. That means it is going to be Bugatti, Koenigsegg or similiar hypercar then, because their speed were unmatched while the price tag is what makes them worth and special. That is what I think of king of kings in this case at least, correct me if I'm wrong :cheers:

Alright, so I've done watching the Chuunibyou : Take On Me movie last night and here is my simple thoughts :

It was better than I expected! :D The chemistry between Yuuta and Rikka in this movie is strong till the end and all returning characters properly serve their purpose as they were in anime series. Nice to see our main couple go for a trip to met with Rikka's mom and through journey their bonds are getting stronger and they learn that loving someone doesn't mean you have to be different. Just be yourself because it what makes you special. Also, all of this runaway happened simply because Touka is about to get married and moved to Italy lol.

Anyway, the plot somehow reminds me the Steven Spielberg's "Catch Me If You Can" but with a different take. The main couple is trying to get away from Touka and she forced Nibutani and Dekomori to catch them and thus became hilarious in the process :lol:

As for the animation it is good as usual KyoAni standards. My favorites would be the epic short Chuuni fight scenes between Rikka and Dekomori at the tower, also the climax scene at the ship near to the end makes me felt like watching a clip from Disney movie. The visual effect and graphics in general were eye candy and catchy.

Overall, it was enjoyable watch. Brings me back to what I like about this anime in the first place with a nice closure for this funny and bittersweet romance story after years of waiting. Thanks KyoAni. :bowdown: :cheers:

By the way, I'm still waiting for Goblin Slayer finale and then I will review this season shows and my impression for this year as a whole.
Oh. And consider Gil's Golden Rule whenever he gets a mention. That's also part of his identity as well lol.

I couldn't pick yet as of this moment. So maybe it'll be days before I could guess one. But I'm not trying to say there that the Miata isn't a plausible choice for it. It's just that there could be something more better to describe her but just hard to think about.

How about something like the Toyota GT86? There are those who would say it's overrated and it is be considered a fun, lovable car.

On another note I'm struggling with ideas for Saber. She's the serious, almost no humor type and certainly dedicated I would say. I want to suggest something like a Toyota Hilux but I don't think it would fit.

How about something like the Toyota GT86? There are those who would say it's overrated and it is be considered a fun, lovable car.

On another note I'm struggling with ideas for Saber. She's the serious, almost no humor type and certainly dedicated I would say. I want to suggest something like a Toyota Hilux but I don't think it would fit.
I think the 86 is boyish for her character.. Maybe I was wrong but I think the Miata would still suit her better if it's just purely about charm.

So yeah. Maybe that's how it should be right now, since I still can't think of any car that would suit her character better than the Miata that you suggested.

Finished Bunny Girl Senpai, twice. I binged the rewatch.

School stuff, relationships, personal struggles and how its overcome. We've seen these all before.

However, in this universe these personal struggles are put forth by means of implementing supernatural events, and it's the MC who has been put in these situations to resolve them. This was one of the main reasons why this show has kept me entertained.

The other reason being the character personalities of Sakuta, Mai and Futaba. Similar to characters of other shows, but refreshing as they do have traits that break out of their related archetypes.

I'm now reading the Light Novel of this as I've been told the 13 episodes miss out some other events that take place.

Finally finished watching Goblin Slayer finale so here is my review for last season and summary for 2018 anime season :

One of surprisingly good shows in Fall season list. Might get fooled by the theme at first but as an idol anime it can keep up for the likes of Love Live or Idolmaster in my opinion. Had nice selections of music too so I wish we can hear more of Franchouchou songs in near future. Story and plot wise was good, they managed to told background stories for each characters combined with some slapstick jokes and humour, and in some moment can get rather serious and dramatic. This various transitions is what makes this anime keeps me interested to watch. The animation is pretty much average but there is certain scenes that being animated nicely. The only problem here is the use of CG animation which not as fluid LL when they start dancing. It was a bit laggy but still acceptable I think.

Now, the characters. They are likeable and have their own charm depending what kind of personality you prefer. Sakura as a lead female character is a typical main heroine character and she is the one who always try to keep support all of the members. Ai have traumatic experience with her death but she eventually got rid of it and do what her best, being a professional idol and lead choreographer for Franchochou. Junko is a shy and self preserved girl in which she was hesitate to join the group at first because she often work alone but later realized that she need others help to succeed. Saki is rough, violent and reckless from outside, but after you know her well she is actually pretty cool and chill person to chat with. Lily is a happy cheerful character but kept secret that she is actually a "boy". Yuugiri is the most mature (besides her figure) and calm in every situations, sometimes give good advice to all members. Tae is... well growling all over the place and like to eat everything but she is loyal and actually care about the group. The producer, Koutaro is also a nice guy that want his members to achieve success and being determined to his goal, make Saga Prefecture the best through idol culture.

Overall, it was an enjoyable ride. Here is hoping for second season because some characters like Yuugiri, Tae and their producer Koutaro (this one is the most important I think) not having their background stories being told yet and some journalist have found Franchouchou biggest secret... There is also new character revealed at the end so there is possibilities for a sequel and I looking forward to it. If I could give a score it would be 8/10.

Actually, I almost skipped this because I'm not into mecha stuff kind of thing, but eventually got curious because of the female character is fairly popular so I give it a chance. Turns out it is surprisingly good and not as I expected at first. There is moving plot and character development unlike other similiar shows that have episodic and repetitive formula every single episode, this one however had sense of progression so it get my attention.

If you already watched the original Gridman live action series you might know bunch of references they put in this anime adaptation. Basically it is similiar to Ultraman series but instead of fighting kaijuu in real life, Gridman is fighting kaijuu that causing trouble in virtual world. Same case as this one, all of the setting is actually made up universe by Akane herself as an escapade from the things that she didn't like and anything had to be on her will. Then, Gridman came and asked a help from a boy named Yuuta to join forces along with Rikka and Utsumi form an alliance, later joined by backup force that called themselves "Neon Genesis High School" students, which actually a sort of humanized weapons and Gridman assistant. From there they fight with Akane and her own made kaijuus. She eventually realized that she is being controlled and under influence by an alien and Gridman arch nemesis, Alexis Kerib. In the end it was a mission to save a person's life and that was Gridman task since the beginning.

Story wise it is pretty good I guess. There is enough materials and references to make mecha and tokusatsu fans enjoyed this till the end, not to mention bunch of tribut to other similiar genre in the past which give sense of nostalgia. The progress is also steady and consistent very enjoyable to watched this in weekly basis. There is always clue and hint that lead you to a certain thoughts and theory every episodes then all of the truth were revealed at the end with some unexpected twist I should say. It was well scripted and nicely executed, could be one of the neat production Trigger ever did.

The characterization might not the one that stood out the most but clearly Akane development is the one to focus with and it was good. She is not evil in my opinion, she just troubled and lost sense of direction in her life while also needed help from people who willing to be her friend. Rikka is a chill and cool character that looks and behave like an average teenage girl you can see anywhere in real life but those what makes her appealing in my opinion. She didn't have any character tropes or "dere" that any female heroine has, she is just being herself. In the other hand Yuuta as a main hero is stereotypes of any lead character from superhero stories and Utsumi while just feel like side charatcter he is a nice and supporting guy to accompany both Yuuta and Rikka. There is a sense of realism in characterization on how they interact and communicating with each other that give a bit slice of life elements in the show as well. Other characters were had their role and portions too, so there is tolerance and care for side characters in my opinion. One that caught my attention is character named Anti. He was a humanized kaijuu created by Akane intended to work with her but later he had his mind changed and decide his reasons to live is to help Gridman that later he became another version of Gridman called Gridknight. That is enough of character development to be honest and I happy for him.

Now, the animation. This is the selling point for this show. The CG animated action sequence were done nicely and it was rather fluid and polished. The shots are dynamic and livid it doesn't felt stiff or stale combined with unique visual language and symbolism that have hidden meaning. The colour are vivid and contrast, quite eye candy and catchy in my opinion.

The sound design also caught my attention here. Every single sound effect is recorded nicely giving a sense of realism and some orchestrated soundtrack give you an epic feel and goosebumps every time you hear when the fight is about to starts.

At the end. SSSS.Gridman was a love letter dedicated to mecha and tokusatsu fans. Highly recommended if you are the big fan of the genre. As for average viewers there are also something to enjoy with so give it a try. I gave it 8.5/10 because of the consistent production and action filled excitement, though you have to understand the reference first so I suggest you to check the Gridman live action series first before watch the anime.

Well, you know the controversy that this show had. Everyone getting mad simply because of gritty violence and rape scene at the premiere episode, which I thought rather over exaggerated. I give it a try and turns out later episodes is not as what I expected. It was pretty dull and too much dialogue going on. Still, you get the dose of "slaying goblins violently" to keep you on watch.

The characterization here is felt they were scripted like NPC characters inside role playing games. However, that actually the point is, trying to give sense that you are playing sort of RPG with bunch of NPC characters communicating to each other and that's why all of them didn't have certain name and calling them based on their role or job, just like RPG games. The concept is working well I guess also interaction and relationships between characters are pretty good. Other thing is that Goblin Slayer as a main character himself is not overpowered and he knows his limits so he sometimes ask a help from his comerades. He is not the strongest but he know what is he doing so he planned and make strategy and that what I like about him.

The animation however not as I expected but it was fine and decent at least. There is too much still shots and sometimes felt a bit stall but few scenes were good. It is pretty much average in my opinion and you could enjoy the moment still.

My conclusion is that Goblin Slayer is rather hit and miss show that get too much hype. However, the story and plot is pretty good to follow and the characters are what makes this show is a reason to keep watching. Overall, it was 7,5/10 from me. There is also a hint for next season so hopefully it get more improvement than what we already had now.

My summary for 2018 anime season is pretty lit in my opinion. It might have small amount of action anime which is the type of genre I always looking for but in return we got selections and alternatives of good and decent anime ranging from various type of genre and themes that give us hidden surprises. It is definitely a pleasant step up from previous year and I looking forward for the new season of 2019 anime. Also, a bit late but Happy New Year everyone! Wish you all the best this year! 👍 :cheers:

I’ve recently been binging Wangan Midnight. Even had time to try and rebuild the Devil Z on Forza 7 (Although I could just cheat and buy the Fugu Z on GTS and paint it black)

So what's your anime picks for the winter season?

Mine would be Kaguya-sama: Love is War and 3D Kanojo season 2 and along with it are some winter animes from the past years.

So what's your anime picks for the winter season?

Mine would be Kaguya-sama: Love is War and 3D Kanojo season 2 and along with it are some winter animes from the past years.

Mostly sequels to be honest, though I will go with The Promised Neverland as the new show straight on my list at the moment. Other newer titles will followed soon or later I guess.

^ I can't wait to see my Honkai one.

Looking at figurines can be so depressing. So many good ones out there but my wallet cannot afford them. :(

Some scaled figures look so damn good. What's on your wishlist?

If you are interested there is fan creation of 2019 GSR Racing Miku livery available to download in GTS :

Now, winter season had started and my initial impression for first 3 shows are such a bomb! :eek: :embarrassed: Got my 2 favorite sequels back, Mob Psycho and Kakegurui and their comeback are lit. :bowdown: Then, The Promised Neverland looks promising judging by the premiere if you want some thrilling mystery adventure kind of thing. Definitely recommend it 👍

Next up is DAL III which I rather worried about this season adaptation but latest news said the TV version is revamped with better graphics so hopefully it will be a good and worth the long wait. Been around 4 years for this to happening I hope J.C.Staff did it right after the takeover from the old studio which now bankrupt.

Spent the afternoon getting on that Koe no Kotachi train.

It was pretty good. The characters, while immature, all had their own personal challenges growing up, and this explored how all these interactions were resolved... this story surrounding how people coped with rejection.

It tugged at a few heartstrings when someone who's deaf makes their best attempt to speak but doesn't their message across.

Basically anything that catches my eye. Although there are a few from Fate that I'm interested in but those prices hit me pretty hard.

Do you have an account on MyFigureCollection? I load up my account with a wishlist and watchlist to keep up with the high number of figures on the market.

Last edited:
Do you have an account on MyFigureCollection? I load up my account with a wishlist and watchlist to keep up with the high number of figures on the market.

Not really. It's the first time I've heard about that honestly.

Not really. It's the first time I've heard about that honestly.

give 'er a try. There are many out there you may not know about.. with quality levels that may exceed what you've already got exposure to.

Basically anything that catches my eye.

5ueqYIu.png

<3 I have no connection with Ai, but her hair looks really good in this shot.

Last edited:
Hai domu indeed.

Anyway, the really rather good Syuko Shiomi has a new SSR in the ever-shifting world of Starlight Stage. Here's the highlight:

JoRommk.jpg

duvJhpY.jpg

Latest Posts

Back