The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Nice! I also forgot to mention that i like sports animes too haha. Did you guys watch grand blue?
I watched Grand Blue. Mentioned it before and it's just the best comedy anime I've seen so far in my experience. The use of Titan like faces, jokes that are just funny, etc. were enough to make me enjoy the anime.

I watched Grand Blue. Mentioned it before and it's just the best comedy anime I've seen so far in my experience. The use of Titan like faces, jokes that are just funny, etc. were enough to make me enjoy the anime.

Yeah i have to agree with you there. I died at the screwdriver scene xD

Yeah i have to agree with you there. I died at the screwdriver scene xD
Yeah that scene. Iori and Kouhei made the screwdriver drink literally. :lol:

I am really looking forward to more of the anime stuff you'll share here in this thread.

And good luck in the World Finals and congrats in the last event. :cheers:

Yeah that scene. Iori and Kouhei made the screwdriver drink literally. :lol:

I am really looking forward to more of the anime stuff you'll share here in this thread.

And good luck in the World Finals and congrats in the last event. :cheers:

Yeah haha xD

So am i ^^

And thank you!

Fx9Dmqd5gLE.jpg
Oh god, don't even get me started on that Elon Musk tweet. Not only did he take a Touhou character, he took a Touhou character who is a werewolf. NOT a catgirl.
Bonus, which side would you choose?

View attachment 776545

Yeah those two from SSSS.Gridman indeed. Though they are not wearing this in anime since it is just a fanart. Still, pretty good though
(Shoutouts to Yang-do, one of the greatest to ever do it)

But yeah, looks like Gridman really is Rikka and Rikka's thighs. I'll think about whether that's enough to pique my interest or not.

oKkSQef.jpg

These two look like they're ready to drop the mixtape of the year tho

The ones with Supra and 300ZX, they're:
Murasame and... Hamanami?
Not sure if she's a KanColle character at all.

The one with the Supra is Kancolle character you are right. The one with 300ZX is artist's original character/fanmade

(Shoutouts to Yang-do, one of the greatest to ever do it)

But yeah, looks like Gridman really is Rikka and Rikka's thighs. I'll think about whether that's enough to pique my interest or not.

oKkSQef.jpg

These two look like they're ready to drop the mixtape of the year tho

The popularity for the anime itself looks like only happened in home country atm. Not sure if Western or anime fans abroad in majority will watch it and gain interest unless you are a fan of tokusatsu and kaijuu, aside from the fact that doujin artists got their new drawing material for sure from this anime alone.

So whilst I wait for some things to happen, I'll just say that I went and made my own iM@s playlist:

zS1oblh.png
Cwxn8JV.jpg
ZJVVm1z.jpg
iKqalMU.png
HUB3y1l.jpg
YFxA8f2.jpg
6px6f7h.jpg

bRjsWmy.png
LaPJa3y.png

Just watched Asobi Asobase, I love it!
I love its comedy, very funny stuff, and i love the characters.
Also, that Shogi thing was hilarious! Highly recomended.
Also, does anyone know similar types of anime like that?

Last edited:
Is the Monogatari series worth watching? I'm kinda interested, but I also have other anime series in the backlog, so I don't know if it's worth it or not.
Yes, yes, yes. There's a lot of it to get through but some of what's there is absolutely masterful at times.

WHO'S THAT WITH YOU?!

MARI GETTING MARRIED?!?!

MARI'S MOM CONFIRMED! Also, the one who talked to You is probably a girl with short hair and boyish personality imo but let's see...

As usual, but today's special is one off fresh from the oven 👍 :

IMG_20181111_122159.jpg

It looked pretty here than the real photo though (the Speedtail I mean lol :D). Also, here some Gridman waifus for bonus :

71518027_p2.jpg
71268259_p0.png
IMG_20181119_110852.jpg

Saw Maquia in theaters yesterday. Had high hopes for it, but what an incoherent mess. It had so much potential, but not being able to fixate on either of its 20 or so different story arcs completely ruined it. I was never able to connect to its characters, and as such, the emotional highs the movie hoped to achieve, never got close to bringing it home. The world within the movie appears interesting, but outside the very first narration, no attention what so ever is given to world building. There's never a good idea of where anything or anyone is in relation to each other.

Only positive things I have to say is that it was well animated, and the ending theme is quite nice.

What, a remastered of the TV series?
Dunno if they'll be remastered/HD, but yeah... the original series + Death (true)2 & EoE.

Also, they just dropped this bombshell about an hour ago:

Dunno if they'll be remastered/HD, but yeah... the original series + Death (true)2 & EoE.

Also, they just dropped this bombshell about an hour ago:

They're trying reaaaal hard to make me spend money on them.

Keep going. I'm about ready to give in.

Whenever the live-action Bebop show comes out, I'll probably sub for a month to watch it. :P

But thanks to all this hot anime news that Netflix is dropping, I've got the anime itch again... rewatched Death (true)2 and End of Evangelion last night, and today I binged Now and Then, Here and There, which was... intense. Though I gotta admit, the name "Hellywood" was a bit tough to take seriously, lol... also Abelia was hot, which was also a bit distracting. But overall, damn... really good.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I caught the Love Live bug back in May and I've been addicted to SIF ever since. I've watched the first series but have yet to watch Sunshine. I think I listen to Love Live music more than other songs now. Someone save me.

Mijuku Dreamer is currently my favourite song.

Someone save me.

Nah, I'm kidding. mu's is still magnificent. It's not easy to find something where 7/9ths of the characters are really, really good. Some of them are even better than that. Two of them are top tier all-time in my book.

Talking of late arrivals, I should've mentioned this a while ago, but I finally went and tried Doki-Doki Literature Club, just a year and a bit late. And imma say it right here: Sayori is the most cinnamon of rolls. She's soooo sweeeeet.
Just a shame her fate forced me into being with the others. ****ing Monikammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Talking of late arrivals, I should've mentioned this a while ago, but I finally went and tried Doki-Doki Literature Club, just a year and a bit late. And imma say it right here: Sayori is the most cinnamon of rolls. She's soooo sweeeeet.
Just a shame her fate forced me into being with the others. ****ing Monikammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That is a year late actually since the game was released lol. Btw, mine would be Yuri. She is actually warm, nice and gentle though she had "some" problem (and it caused by someone if you know what I mean...) She could become a good big sis type of character imo. That if things not suddenly going the other way round... But that what makes DDLC gained some interest.

Last edited:
Back