The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
May I interest you in the word of our Lord and Saviour Shinji Ikari?

(Faye in particular being the worst offender), but that might just be because they're trying to cram so much into 3 minutes.

You bet your two buttcheeks Faye is the worst offender. I just finished the entire show.

I don't know how to feel about it because I read it before the end of the season, but finding out that the show is being canceled after season 1 before finally seeing Ed for like a minute of screen time, and that the ending took a completely different route has me confused.

Julia's surprise end and Ed's appearance seemed like an obvious take at cliffhanging a second season, but we know that's not happening

Feliz Jue...I mean, Navidad!
9917f1b.png

Dammit, are they ever going to come out with that anime adaption of Pluto? That's probably one of my favorite manga - and among my elder sister's favorites, too.

Last edited:

To update you, Mousey is basically bedridden with an immune disorder. This was her first time using a real VR set and was hanging out with her friends on VR Chat for New Years.

Not gonna lie, the part where Zen changed models to hug her teared me up.

I keep hearing Belle is amazing, but I don't know if/when it'll come to streaming. I gotta check out Hosoda's other movies, too - I really liked Wolf Children, for example.

Speaking of anime with an emphasis on cyberspace, it's too bad that it seems the GitS franchise ended up erring a bit, and that ultimately, the only three good bits of it are the first volume of the original '89 manga, the '95 movie by Oshii, and Stand-Alone Complex. I always thought the IP had a lot of potential, but it looks like it's been exhausted. You could, perhaps, say it's a shell of its former self.

Just found out Beastars is getting renewed for a Season 3 and it's the last season.

The pain is almost over for me. (I mean I could stop watching but I'm pretty much hate-watching it at this point)

Hate-watch Darling In The Frank Reynolds instead. 😛

DK
Hate-watch Darling In The Frank Reynolds instead. 😛
But after the dumpster fire of Season 1 and Season 2 actually starting decent only to end as terrible as Season 1, Im just curious to see how far Season 3 goes to bring the Anime to the toilet.

Although from what I hear a lot of Beastar fans think the Manga chapters after the arc tackled in Season 2 isn't any good so it might be in the inverse and I'll like Season 3 :lol:

It'll all be worth it when CGI Haruko force-feeds an MRE to some poor soul.

I still haven’t bothered watching FLCL Progressive or Alternative… :lol:

The 3D style they’re going for with Grunge actually looks alright in motion, I’m interested.

Finished Attack on Titan "final season" part 2.

So they inevitably stalled the Rumbling. Really thought this was going to be the final final final thing. Ep 12 confused me for a long while. I thought we somehow entered someone's dream of how the story plays out differently :lol:

Currently caught up with Spy X Family. I like the variety of music themes it has and the stereotypes in it. So far it is easy to get into and has a good pace for it.

I was watching Darwins Game but I stopped watching after Episode 8.

I realised there was only 3 episodes to go and there's so much stuff left unexplored which made me realise it's another Anime that doesn't really do anything but advertising the Manga.

Opening and Ending Songs are jamming but

I'm starting to really dislike 12-13 episode anime. They're either rushed and leave little impact or are just over glorified Manga ads.

Last edited:
Great picture post, I was a little confused at first thinking what are Asuka/Rei/Shinji doing in a cafe and then I saw the background.

Gonna save that one to my gallery of Asuka images, she's still my all time favourite anime character. I think she's the only character that has left a 'lasting' impression on my memory, I really must buy Evangelion again and watch it sometime soon!

Last edited:
Throughout this year I've been watching Diamond No Ace, which is a baseball Anime.

I was quite enjoying myself, like usual sport shows it more plays out in the mind of the players than the actual action which I think is a lot more exciting, the characters don't do much to stand out but they still made you want to root for them and how much the Team cared for each other, I even rooted against them in one match because the Clockwork guy was made out to be such a fascinating player, I wanted to see him win.

However I stopped watching because the Baseball itself eventually got really tiresome and incredibly long. The final round of the Summer Tournament lasts for 10 Episodes and I swear I was watching Dragon Ball Z at some point. I was getting sick of it that I looked up the spoiler of who was winning it. I know I complain about Anime that only last 13 episodes and being a rushed mess but this was the opposite end of the spectrum. I can only assume they are just stalling to catch up to the Manga but I honestly just couldn't continue and I rather cut my loses than be a victim of the Sunken Cost fallacy.

Would only recommend if you have more patience than I do.

Last edited:
I'm not particularly well versed in anime but my all-time favourite series are Vinland Saga, Evangelion, Dororo, Macross, Astro Boy, and anything by Shinichiro Watanabe.

If anyone has any recommendations based on my little list there, I welcome them and would really appreciate it. I have Violet Evergarden and Blade of the Immortal next but because I love the work of the artist of the manga so much, maybe I should just read it.

Last edited:
I'm not particularly well versed in anime but my all-time favourite series are Vinland Saga, Evangelion, Dororo, Macross, Astro Boy, and anything by Shinichiro Watanabe.

If anyone has any recommendations based on my little list there, I welcome them and would really appreciate it. I have Violet Evergarden and Blade of the Immortal next but because I love the work of the artist of the manga so much, maybe I should just read it.
Looks like you like the more serious shows so you might enjoy Monster. It's really long (74 episodes) but an interesting and well received story. I looked it up and it's available on Netflix. Others: Cowboy Bebop, Psycho Pass (1st season only), Black Lagoon

I just looked these up and will most certainly look out for them. I'll probably start with Monster, then Psycho Pass. Thanks for this.

Cowboy Bebop is great. As said above, I like anything Shinichiro Watanabe. I actually love Carole & Tuesday, even though it's on the quirky, feel good side of things.

Last edited:
I just looked these up and will most certainly look out for them. I'll probably start with Monster, then Psycho Pass. Thanks for this.

Cowboy Bebop is great. As said above, I like anything Shinichiro Watanabe. I actually love Carole & Tuesday, even though it's on the quirky, feel good side of things.
Okay so, update: I conveniently found this playlist on YouTube with all the episodes for the English dub. I'm getting confused about official places to watch it because every website is saying it's available on US Amazon Prime and Netflix but they aren't showing up for me or are saying they're not available in my region.

Okay so, update: I conveniently found this playlist on YouTube with all the episodes for the English dub. I'm getting confused about official places to watch it because every website is saying it's available on US Amazon Prime and Netflix but they aren't showing up for me or are saying they're not available in my region.
Thank you! I'll check out Prime and Netflix just in case because I'm in Canada and might be lucky.

Speaking of Netflix, have you watched or heard or read anything about Vampire in the Garden? It looks like it could be interesting.

Thank you! I'll check out Prime and Netflix just in case because I'm in Canada and might be lucky.

Speaking of Netflix, have you watched or heard or read anything about Vampire in the Garden? It looks like it could be interesting.
I have not. I'm one of those people who look at ratings before watching and reception seems pretty mid. It's 5 episodes though so even if you dislike it, it won't have been that much of a waste of time lol

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back